Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Review and Comparisons: Universe/Henkei Ratchet

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #21
Disguise: Check. Robot...
Collection Count: Call me Luthor because it's never too much, never too much, never too much...
Hmm. Doesn't sound terribly bad. But I'd also have to do it twice. I'll have to look at it. If it doesn't work, well, hopefully I'll remember to keep my receipt.
Support local business ninjas.
QmTablit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #22
Protectobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaugh View Post
It'd be easy as pie if you can get the pin out. The problem is that the only way to get any leverage to knock that pin out is to set it on the outer tab, but any force whatsoever and said tab starts to bend and wants to break off. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I made up my mind to send it off without spending too much time figuring it out. But yeah, if you can get that ONE pin out from the hinge that attaches that panel to the bumper, it should a a SUPER easy swap.
Or just be lazy and give him a gray bumper.

I actually think he'd look better with a gray bumper, though I'd use it from a spare Ironhide and not switch them completely.

Then again, Ironhide would look nice with a gray bumper and a darker colored chest piece... I wonder if my strong grip method would work.

~Matt Booker
Matt Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
Expect the Unexpected.
Location: Nebraska or From the depths of the high plains/heartland
Collection Count: 90+
Quote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure all of the panels with the lines on them are interchangeable. You could put the double blip and blue lightbar on Henkei Ratchet if you wanted. I almost did it myself before I decided to give away the universe version as a prize.
Have you already give away the Universe Ratchet as a prize already. I'm still going with the Universe one with the heart blip deco on it and blue light bar as I said earlier.

My Feedback:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...light=Ezilla82
Ezilla82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
Collection Count: 45
News Credits: 20
Another win for Universe, and another fail for Henkei, imo. Will definitely get Universe Ratchet when I see him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus major View Post
this man is a genius
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #25
Collection Count: Call me Luthor because it's never too much, never too much, never too much...
Quote:
It'd be easy as pie if you can get the pin out. The problem is that the only way to get any leverage to knock that pin out is to set it on the outer tab, but any force whatsoever and said tab starts to bend and wants to break off. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I made up my mind to send it off without spending too much time figuring it out. But yeah, if you can get that ONE pin out from the hinge that attaches that panel to the bumper, it should a a SUPER easy swap.
Just thought of something- Ratchet's red bumper is the same "red" of Ironhide's... hide, yeah? So you could just switch the entire mechanism out and it wouldn't look too bad, with Ironhide's already red front bumper and all. I'm sure it'd look a little monotonous though, with almost the entire Escalade being one shade of "red."

Good thing I keep him in 'bot mode anyway.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #26
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
dont the boxed samples have that red paint application on the hood?
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #27
Hi.
Collection Count: Not sure. I'm guessing it's a whole number...
News Credits: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
dont the boxed samples have that red paint application on the hood?
Yeah, a couple, but just about every test shot I've seen is missing it ( I have seen one or two that have it) which makes me wonder if that's another Hound/Cyclonus type thing.
Click here for all of my videos!
My Feedback Thread
Peaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #28
Protectobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
Just thought of something- Ratchet's red bumper is the same "red" of Ironhide's... hide, yeah? So you could just switch the entire mechanism out and it wouldn't look too bad, with Ironhide's already red front bumper and all. I'm sure it'd look a little monotonous though, with almost the entire Escalade being one shade of "red."

Good thing I keep him in 'bot mode anyway.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Though I suggested doing it from a spare as I don't like the idea of of Ironhide having a red bumper.

But then again, I like Ratchet's darker chest piece... Blar. This may be the first time I get a Henkei figure, even if it ends up being just to swap parts around and have a better Ratchet.

Or I could get around to learning how to paint....

More likely I'll have a compromise with my wallet. It won't complain too much when I take out some money to get Universe Ratchet and I won't rip out all of it's innards to get a Henkei too.

~Matt Booker
Matt Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #29
Oh that's right, Henkei Ratchet's bumper is the deeper red. Ah well. Might not match exactly, but they're in bot mode.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
Hi.
Collection Count: Not sure. I'm guessing it's a whole number...
News Credits: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
Oh that's right, Henkei Ratchet's bumper is the deeper red. Ah well. Might not match exactly, but they're in bot mode.
But Henkei Ratchet has the silver piece, universe ratchet has the black inner piece and the matching red, so it would work.
Click here for all of my videos!
My Feedback Thread
Peaugh is offline   Reply With Quote