Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Soundwave "face"

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Herald of Unicron
Lord Of Tetris's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: lots?
Soundwave "face"

I am procrastinating my final exams, and so I started fiddling with TF Prime Soundwave. I got annoyed with his neck frills. I realize the frills are show-accurate, but it looks so much sleeker in the CGI than in the toy. I tried to imagine what it without the frills, then I had an epiphany.

What if Soundwave's "face" has been staring us in plain sight? I'm not necessarily endorsing the idea that Soundwave is hiding some kind of mysterious face behind that visor, and I'm convinced that what we see in the show IS his face. I think of my digibash like a "what-if?" situation, where if I was a character designer eagerly setting up some kind of plot twist involving Soundwave's face, I'd do it by having Soundwave transform his face kibble in a configuration that creates the illusion of facelessness.

Think of the pieces moving like Iron Man's helmet, which sort of shifts around to reveal or conceal Tony Stark's face. Or Bayverse Bumblebee's battle mask. Or Animated Shockwave. The neck frills become his mouthplate, and I moved his head vents to where they are in G1 Soundwave. I honestly think this is a plausible transformation.

Disclaimer: I didn't take this photo. I did a Google search for Soundwave pictures and saved the clearest one. All I did was move around his face kibble with Photoshop. I did cheat a bit by manipulating the proportions of the face kibble, but not by much. I'm not a Photoshop expert or even an artist, so I know my Photoshop skills aren't too slick.

Still, I think this look is pretty cool! Reminds me of Teknoman, Tarn, and Blackout.

Hope you guys like it:
Attached Thumbnails
Soundwave "face"-soundwave_mask.jpg  

My Junkion Exchange Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...rd-tetris.html
Lord Of Tetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Seeker
News Credits: 3
It's nice. A good effort.
QLRformer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
5 hearts 1 body
Collection Count: A Few
..............honestly can see this!!! s
Quote:
Every fool has a dream they want that they know is out of there reach, yet the fool will keep chasing it knowing that the dream could one day be reality. What he or she does for that dream will be baffling but all worthwhile to them -RoadRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormdalek View Post
Bender was Roadrage all along!
RoadRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Yep, it's me alright.
Collection Count: I currently have a team of scientists working on it.
While this is really cool looking, I can't see any kind of "face" that you are trying to elaborate on. In short, where's the face?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
The Girphant never forgets......TO KILL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleboivin View Post
Nice knowing you Warpshard. How would you like your coffin made?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire22 View Post
Warpshard is like the new UM84 now. So correcting him would be a mistake.
Warpshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Damn kids and your 3rd-P
Collection Count: Not enough to be impressive, but too many to claim I'm smart with money.
I think what the OP is trying to convey is a more G1'ish visor/faceplate "face" as oppose to the full on vid screen face.
Paxtin is offline   Reply With Quote