Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Made Up Magazine Cover

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
AP101
Collection Count: I need to re-count.....
Made Up Magazine Cover

Hey! I just wanted to show this to everyone. My Graphic Art Design Class was assigned to make a magazine cover of anything we wanted to make it about, and of course I chose something related to Transformers. This is just a rough draft so far.

Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Made Up Magazine Cover-cover-class.jpg  
Xbox Live Gamertag: BumblePrime101
AndreaPrime101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
HERE I AM
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 80
News Credits: 17
Awesome!

transformerwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Decepticon Mistress
Collection Count: Lost count... again
Neato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexza View Post
We got the popcorn from TRANS+CRAZY. She has A LOT. Like, if popcorn was alive, she could pull off a full-scale takeover of the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpshard View Post
Trans+Crazy always supplies the popcorn for long Mexican standoffs...or anything serious, for that matter.
TRANS+CRAZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
I think the basic layout is pretty strong, though the whole thing just kinda fades (there is no real bold subject matter - which is a rule of thumb with . I don't think the text at the top is bold enough for a Magazine cover. I would suggest playing around with making a logo for "WFT PRIMETIME", as a magazine logo needs to stand out more than anything on a cover. Also, the Starscream needs to be cleaned up just a little bit around the edges of the photo cut.

I hope my comments here have helped some!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Optimus told me to do it!

Collection Count: 400 PLUS!
News Credits: 18
Send a message via MSN to moreprimeland
AP...Quaddy has some great suggestions there, I agree, SS needs to be sharpened up a bit.
Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't care for the "Military Font"...I think it would be great to use a Font that's more "Tranformerish".
Also, your subjects are kinda blending into the background...try some different background colors that would make the characters POP off the page!
Great first effort, can't wait to see your updates!
From Transformers Prime
"My name is Optimus Prime and I send this message.....If you approach this planet with hostile intent..know this: We will defend ourselves. We will defend humanity. We will defend our home."
MPL's feedback
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
AP101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
I think the basic layout is pretty strong, though the whole thing just kinda fades (there is no real bold subject matter - which is a rule of thumb with . I don't think the text at the top is bold enough for a Magazine cover. I would suggest playing around with making a logo for "WFT PRIMETIME", as a magazine logo needs to stand out more than anything on a cover. Also, the Starscream needs to be cleaned up just a little bit around the edges of the photo cut.

I hope my comments here have helped some!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
AP...Quaddy has some great suggestions there, I agree, SS needs to be sharpened up a bit.
Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't care for the "Military Font"...I think it would be great to use a Font that's more "Tranformerish".
Also, your subjects are kinda blending into the background...try some different background colors that would make the characters POP off the page!
Great first effort, can't wait to see your updates!
Thanks for the advice.

I redid some of the things on the cover, and I changed the "WTF" to "TFW's" since a lot of people think about what the acronym usually means. And I couldn't find any Transformer-ish fonts, sorry. Here's the newest thing that I turned in to the teacher.

Still trying my best in these.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #7
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Sorry, but that new font doesn't work at all.

Again, what I would advice you to do is create a magazine logo. Logos are generally created by taking a typeface and manipulating it some. Perform a Google search and also go to your local bookshelf (Wal*mart, Barnes&Noble, etc.) and look at the magazines on the shelf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Thread-killer
Collection Count: 70; 20 generations, 2 g1, 6 universe, and an assortment of movieverse
Talk about thread stealing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
ITT: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
I can only assume she's sneaking down in the night and eating milk-soaked toilet paper rolls.
vatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
AP101
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2567 View Post
SQ7 is right!

heres a very rough outline of what you need to be doing! just use these principles and create something unique! not that mine is good by any stretch
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...nka/magggy.jpg
Okay, I have to admit that's awesome. But my class is starting out with InDesign and I'm not used to it as much as I am with Photoshop. :/
Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Omnibot
Collection Count: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaPrime101 View Post
Okay, I have to admit that's awesome. But my class is starting out with InDesign and I'm not used to it as much as I am with Photoshop. :/
Oh but you could easily import in some logos or something to indesign right? I personally have never used it before so not sure! but best of luck to you! hope you ace it! just search around for magazine logos etc and get inspired!

and I wasnt trying to steal your thread lol just trying to help ya!

EDIT - http://layersmagazine.com/magazine-c...-indesign.html < that is useful I guess, and the results are very nice!
www.youtube.com/c2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
Holy shit, it looks to me like Megatron totally kills a completely innocent elephant. That dude is hardcore.
C2567 is offline   Reply With Quote