Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fakebusker's Shapeways thread - October 2012 Creative Spotlight

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #201
Action Master
Collection Count: Beats me!
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Gryph
Cool mace. Just so you know, the proper term for that is a flanged mace.

The Great Action Master Thundercracker Thread (Last update Power Core Combiners)
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #202
Combaticon
Collection Count: 500+
nifty mace, although I think it might be cool to have the mace bit be a stylized Con symbol!
~From the BOSOM of PRIMUS, Dreams are Transformed~
Primus_feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #203
News Credits: 176
Coolness... Better looking than the ones already on shapeways. Would be nice to see an Axe version that can go against the Corbot War/Carnage Axe.
My B/S/T thread. TFs, Gundam, Joes, Revoltech, SRCs, Spawn, StarWars, etc. PM me if interested. Thanks.*** Feedback thread and catch me on Facebook: daim.choc

daimchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #204
Prototytan
Collection Count: A bunch of Megatrons.
Send a message via MSN to weeklyhero
Awesome looking mace! I was hoping to make a similar one for WfC Megatron. Is there a chance that you could make some fists for Megs to fit with the mace?

Last updated 6/14 - #142: Out and About
weeklyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #205
Unicron Herald BladeZero
Collection Count: more than 70 now
News Credits: 2
isn't better that the maze handle splits to fit in every 5mm compatible hand and then reattaches? i mean like the handle of the perfect effect ratbat trident or the fansproject black rodimus scythe?
instead of making new hands or being exclusive for only a few robots?
Attached Thumbnails
Fakebusker's Shapeways thread - October 2012 Creative Spotlight-6111092000_da008ab30a_o.png  
f-primusunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #206
Radicon
fakebusker83's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Many in pieces
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Hello again, fakebusker! Sorry for the long overdue response; work has been shwacking me pretty good lately and making preps to get married soon certainly doesn't help either. XD

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I did end up getting a very basic airbrush, a cheapo $22 Testors starter (camo stencil) set that uses cans of aerosol and special screw-on caps for small acrylic/enamel paint jars to attach to the airbrush itself. It's not the most controlled or accurate set up but the price was right.

You asked for WIP photos of my MP Starscream; they're at the bottom of this page: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...nd-pics-6.html

I think he's coming along well! Already started adding a bit of paint on his face (the lines across his eyes, and adding better gold accents to his "nose" and mouth next). Along with the airbrush and Dremel, I think I'm ready for those Shapeway SS hands soon! Obviously, I'm taking my time with him but it's fun learning and adding parts along the way!

I might try to track down a cheap HFTD Leader Starscream on clearance at a Ross or TJ Maxx somewhere in the future and try my hand at a complete repaint of it, complete with the new hands too!

Those came out great and look much better and in scale than his default mech tech sword things! Can only imagine what a little paint TLC will do to make them really pop on the figure! The size and engineering look spot on too, though I wonder, how do they look transformed as jet booster parts on Deluxe Screamer? What Shapeways quality are these in the photos? White, strong, flexible material?

I happened to procure a second custom-painted DOTM Deluxe Starscream; the first was with a darker gray/black color scheme much like in the last two movies (sans the tattoos; his jet mode looks realistic) and the second a brighter silver/steel color scheme that mirrors his original TFTM look.

I really do dig the mold and definitely plan to pick up at least two sets of the DX DOTM Screamer weapon sets and paint them up accordingly.

Thanks for sharing!

PS - Shapesways sword blades for Sidearm Sideswipe would be pretty cool, and I dig the wrecking ball claw design for Grapple! Makes me want to get those two figures now!
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I wish you eternal bliss dude!

Not a fan of those aerosol powered airbrushes...You need to buy refills if anything runs out and I'm not a fan of that. I rather invest in a good air compressor and a gravity feed airbrush.
Your SS is sweet looking man. Did you do anything to the jet boosters? They look like they are painted, which looks awesome btw. Good luck on the SS hands

I have my sample of the deluxe SS weapons. Looks okay and I wanna make some changes. They don't really look right mounted on the back though, cuz they sit too far apart and too high to be accurate. I'm still thinking of solutions to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
Deluxe Hot Rod hands (posable) | Flickr - Photo Sharing! <-- what hot rod were these meant for??? you still planning on making them available for that matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimchoc View Post
Ooh... Nice. I hope it's for the Protector set. Though, it's still WIP and was posted back in April.
Presently I'm still mulling on how to make those tiny joints reliable. So sorry for the delay folks. But the good thing is I've been learning from my experience in making those leader hands, some tricks which I plan to use on Rodimus.

Quote:
@FB: I just saw some reviews of the MP Rodimus and it looks like it needs some FB designed hands...
Lol put $60 in an envelope and post it to me...That's how much the MP is isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus_feather View Post
Mind taking a stab at making a BFG gun for Gen. Warpath, but heres the kicker can you design it to fit in both his fist folded out in bot mode and when his fists is folded in. This would give him an impressive arm cannon. Just a thought!
Maybe...? Is there any comic or animation references I can look to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEdeathsHEAD View Post
WFC megs mace!!! WOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
Cool mace. Just so you know, the proper term for that is a flanged mace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus_feather View Post
nifty mace, although I think it might be cool to have the mace bit be a stylized Con symbol!
Yes Yes Yes guys...it's Meg's flanged mace! (thanks Gryph )
Actually I think the High Moon guys did design the axe with reference to the Con symbol. The similarities are too many to be coincidental. Anyway I referenced the appearance based on screenshots of the intro trailer.

Quote:
Coolness... Better looking than the ones already on shapeways. Would be nice to see an Axe version that can go against the Corbot War/Carnage Axe.
Corbot's Axe is amazing, I must humbly say I have no idea how am I going to top that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeklyhero View Post
Awesome looking mace! I was hoping to make a similar one for WfC Megatron. Is there a chance that you could make some fists for Megs to fit with the mace?
That will be an upcoming project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-primusunicron View Post
isn't better that the maze handle splits to fit in every 5mm compatible hand and then reattaches? i mean like the handle of the perfect effect ratbat trident or the fansproject black rodimus scythe?
instead of making new hands or being exclusive for only a few robots?
Well...I've already planned for that, but thanks for your astute observation!

Since we are on this topic, the mace can split into 2 sections: The main mace and a smaller auxiliary one for dual-wielding purposes. I might make the bottom end bigger so the aux. mace looks more aggressive.

fakebusker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #207
Unicron Herald BladeZero
whoa thats nice
im stll figuring out my own rotf jolt upgrade, remember?
still having trouble taking out his head XD
Old 09-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #208
News Credits: 176
@FB: If only I have an MP Rodimus, I would have sent it to you... As for the mace, what's the length (combined and in two)?
My B/S/T thread. TFs, Gundam, Joes, Revoltech, SRCs, Spawn, StarWars, etc. PM me if interested. Thanks.*** Feedback thread and catch me on Facebook: daim.choc

daimchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #209
Radicon
fakebusker83's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Many in pieces
News Credits: 4
Quote:
@FB: If only I have an MP Rodimus, I would have sent it to you... As for the mace, what's the length (combined and in two)?
80mm, 50mm separated. About 13mm total length.
It's pretty substantial.
fakebusker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #210
Unicron Herald BladeZero
ok i cant make things in a 3d software
but sure i can draw, if you need anything just say it