Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Treadshot's Shapeways Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #221
Prototytan
Collection Count: A bunch of Megatrons.
Send a message via MSN to weeklyhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Though i stick to my opinion of "HOS robots don't have lips".
Definitely. I think the mouth would look better if it were more narrow. And you might possibly be mistaking his original expression, which at least to me looks a lot more like a smirk than a sneer.

Last updated 6/14 - #142: Out and About
weeklyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #222
Or just 'A1' for short...
Collection Count: 1000+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traachon View Post
I think the face/mouth problem may stem from how round his profile is. It almost seems like you took a ball and carved a face into it (Which is a perfectly reasonable thing, by the way) and never finished.
Still, his face keeps getting better every time!
Well, it wasn't exactly a ball to start with, but that was the main idea! Just...hush up about it, kk? We don't wanna give away too many secrets! I'm just kidding bro. It's good to see that it's improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeklyhero View Post
Definitely. I think the mouth would look better if it were more narrow. And you might possibly be mistaking his original expression, which at least to me looks a lot more like a smirk than a sneer.
Don't think i was going for a sneer at first, but if it came across that way...uh oh. Still, i guess a smirk fits BB, as long as i don't make it too malicious. Perhaps more of a friendly smile with just a slight hint of 'Con-bloodlust (or technically energon-lust)?

What about this? It's thinner, it's a smirk, and it's...well, it's not too evil.

Opinions?

^^Click to go to the A1 Kitbashing Shapeways Shop^^
Latest Release: 02-ASV "Recon" || A1 Kitbashing Facebook || TFW Thread
Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #223
Fire Truck
Collection Count: more then 50
treadshot how much is this bumblebee gonna be?
My Feedback
A black guy walks into a bar, gets gangraped by a bunch of bikers and the bartender says who wants rice crispies
Jetcracker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #224
Right now, about $70-75 AUD, which is about $69-73 USD. But that's a tentative price range, what with exchange rates and all that.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #225
Fire Truck
Collection Count: more then 50
so im looking to be in about 70-77 dollars i think its worth it, it would be nice though to have the black panel the head sits on to cover the gap in between the head and the chest
My Feedback
A black guy walks into a bar, gets gangraped by a bunch of bikers and the bartender says who wants rice crispies
Jetcracker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #226
Toy Industry Analyst
Collection Count: 1024
News Credits: 2
The mouth is getting better, but it's still a bit too wide. It reminds me of the perspective independent mouths of shoujo heroes.

Check out my toy designs here!
MisterFanwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #227
Wide? Yes, i completely agree. However, i will not be making it any thinner, because i want this design to be able to be printed in WSF. In my experience, any thinner and the mouth might not show up in the print. For safety's sake, i'll keep it at this size.

@Jetcracker: I know what you mean. Covering the gap in the chest would have been nice. I did actually manage to cover it in an earlier version of Bumblebee (which wasn't shown publicly), but that left Bumblebee's head trailing along the ground behind the train. Aside from the obvious problem of his head scraping along the ground, he also ended up with his nose next to his...uh, rear end. Not pleasant. Hence, this version. I know it leaves a slight gap, but i've covered it as much as i can while allowing the transformation to work.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyways, here's what i've been working on for the last few days.

Cartridge Robot Ravager

It's been a while since i made Ejector and Rewinder, and it just didn't seem right for the humanoid minions to be designed and then not make Soundwave's favorite stealth cat.

For Ravager, i wanted to actually make a cat. By which i mean, it was important to get the proportions i wanted. Sort of bulky, since Ravage needs to be strong, but still relatively believable as a jaguar. Key word being relatively.

When it came to detailing, i had a choice. I could either go with the angular stylings that FR and Ejector/Rewinder use, or i could use the style Bumblebee used. In the end, i chose the more angular style, as it seemed more fitting for the idea of a powerful hunter, and it would fit in better as a set with FR and Ejector/Rewinder. However, i did use some of the things i learnt from Bumblebee on Ravager's torso. It just seemed to fit.

In terms of weapons, i never really got what Ravage's G1 weapons were (rockets? Glit managed to make them medical tools...?), so for Ravager i improvised a bit. They're now made into powerful rockets, on account of the fact this cat doesn't look too stealthy any more. Not that he needs stealth at the speed those rockets can propel him. You shouldn't even notice he's there, until it's too late.

I do hope you guys like him. I'd ramble on for longer but it's past 1am here, so i'll shut up now. *yawns*

Old 01-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #228
Prototytan
Collection Count: A bunch of Megatrons.
Send a message via MSN to weeklyhero
I wish I could see these pictures at work, but my job hates Photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Wide? Yes, i completely agree. However, i will not be making it any thinner, because i want this design to be able to be printed in WSF. In my experience, any thinner and the mouth might not show up in the print. For safety's sake, i'll keep it at this size.
We're getting our dimensions crossed here. I think everyone's saying the mouth should be more narrow side to side, not top to bottom. If the mouth were brought in on the sides, I think they'd look better and still show up great after printing.

Last updated 6/14 - #142: Out and About
weeklyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #229
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeklyhero
We're getting our dimensions crossed here. I think everyone's saying the mouth should be more narrow side to side, not top to bottom. If the mouth were brought in on the sides, I think they'd look better and still show up great after printing.
Oh, woops. You know when people say your mouth's "wide open", it's about how far up and down your lips are? That's what i thought you guys meant. Left to right can be shortened, no problem. In fact, here it is. I don't dare go any shorter than this, though.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #230
Toy Industry Analyst
Collection Count: 1024
News Credits: 2
That's a nice head. Good job.

Check out my toy designs here!
MisterFanwank is offline   Reply With Quote