Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFcon Toronto 2013 - The world's largest fan-run Transformers Convention - July 26-28

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #71
Super Moderator

News Credits: 7
I forgot the drinking age was 19 until looking at the schedule. Haha, Canada is indeed the promised land.
ALL New 2014 Sales Thread: Hundreds of TFs/3P/G.I. Joe/Marvel

TFW2005 and eBay feedback
All New Want List: G1/G2/Masterpiece/G.I. Joe/Marvel
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #72
Decepticon
Collection Count: I lost count
Is there a nice beginners guide for newcomers to TFCon. This is probably going to be my first time going and would like a nice idea of what to expect. Also the drinking ages is only 19? Wow.....can't wait to hang out with all of you guys there.
ezim93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #73
THE God of War!!!
Collection Count: stopped counting after 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezim93 View Post
Is there a nice beginners guide for newcomers to TFCon. This is probably going to be my first time going and would like a nice idea of what to expect. Also the drinking ages is only 19? Wow.....can't wait to hang out with all of you guys there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis251 View Post
Ok, I know no guest info has been announced but is there any info other than the charity auction? I don't know anything about TFcon other than alot of 3rd party stuff was shown last year. Any details for a newbie to the convention would be appreciated.
Perhaps listening to the WTF@TFW's numerous podcasts from the past couple of years to get a sense of what the atmosphere is like? There are also various videos on YouTube as well.

Then decide if you want to join in on it.
Please help me ID these non-TF parts thread: #99 of approx 1000 listed (#86, #87, #89, #90, #92, #95, #97, #98 + #99 added)
TFW2005 Feedback Thread
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #74
wants 3rd party Sky-Byte
Nemesis251's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Perhaps listening to the WTF@TFW's numerous podcasts from the past couple of years to get a sense of what the atmosphere is like? There are also various videos on YouTube as well.

Then decide if you want to join in on it.
A beginners guide is a good idea. Just something with some brief details on the site if possible. Everybody doesn't watch the podcasts.
Nemesis251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #75
Twitter: @Super_Megatron
Collection Count: Lost Count
News Credits: 9
Quote:
Quote:
A beginners guide is a good idea. Just something with some brief details on the site if possible. Everybody doesn't watch the podcasts.
Hey guys, what information do you feel would be helpful? What things would you like to see addressed to help out people new to this?
America's largest fan-run Transformers convention TFcon - October 24th to 26th, 2014 in CHICAGO.

SPECIAL GUESTS:
DAN GILVEZAN the voice of G1 Bumblebee and Goldbug
ALAN OPPENHEIMER the voices of Warpath, Beachcomber, Seaspray (and Skeletor)
VENUS TERZO the voice of Blackarachnia in Beast Wars
AARON ARCHER former Hasbro VP, toy designer and lead for all Transformers partnerships
BOB SKIR story editor and head writer for Beast Machines
JAMES ROBERTS Transformers More Than Meets The Eye comic writer
ALEX MILNE Transformers More Than Meets The Eye comic artist
ANDREW GRIFFITH Transformers Robots In Disguise comic artist
SARAH STONE Transformers Windblade comic artist
LIVIO RAMONDELLI Transformers comics book artist
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #76
The Legendary One

Collection Count: 7500+ (I ain't joking)
News Credits: 20
Quote:
Quote:
The Canadian Slag podcast always does a TFcon podcast before the show with all the tips and tricks to have an AWESOME con.

Here was last years.

"How to Survive TFcon"
Canadian Slag Episode 62 - How to Survive TFcon - Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Grand Master of all things Transformers
The World's Biggest Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime collection
TFcon / TFW2005 Staff

Protoman on Twitter Protoman on Youtube (ProtoRetro)
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #77
Super Moderator

Should I change my green americansky dollars over to loonies? Or do you guys generally take our money?
ALL New 2014 Sales Thread: Hundreds of TFs/3P/G.I. Joe/Marvel

TFW2005 and eBay feedback
All New Want List: G1/G2/Masterpiece/G.I. Joe/Marvel
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #78
Twitter: @Super_Megatron
Collection Count: Lost Count
News Credits: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterlager View Post
Should I change my green americansky dollars over to loonies? Or do you guys generally take our money?
Since the show is in Canada everything is in Canadian dollars, but if the exchange is pretty much at par then most people would take the American. Depends on what the dollars are worth at the time of the con. Best practice it to plan to bring Canadian money with you.
America's largest fan-run Transformers convention TFcon - October 24th to 26th, 2014 in CHICAGO.

SPECIAL GUESTS:
DAN GILVEZAN the voice of G1 Bumblebee and Goldbug
ALAN OPPENHEIMER the voices of Warpath, Beachcomber, Seaspray (and Skeletor)
VENUS TERZO the voice of Blackarachnia in Beast Wars
AARON ARCHER former Hasbro VP, toy designer and lead for all Transformers partnerships
BOB SKIR story editor and head writer for Beast Machines
JAMES ROBERTS Transformers More Than Meets The Eye comic writer
ALEX MILNE Transformers More Than Meets The Eye comic artist
ANDREW GRIFFITH Transformers Robots In Disguise comic artist
SARAH STONE Transformers Windblade comic artist
LIVIO RAMONDELLI Transformers comics book artist
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #79
wants 3rd party Sky-Byte
Nemesis251's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Hey guys, what information do you feel would be helpful? What things would you like to see addressed to help out people new to this?
For a start, what does TFCon have that is exclusive to it than other cons outside of figures?
Nemesis251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #80
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
For a start, what does TFCon have that is exclusive to it than other cons outside of figures?
Depends on what you classify as "exclusive", but TFcon is the largest of the fan-run Transformers conventions (as opposed to conventions that are run as a for-profit business), and is Canada's largest Transformers collector's event. TFcon also is tied to other action figure collecting shows (80s Toy Expo, Action Figure Expo, Collectible Toy Expo), which are held in conjunction with TFcon. This is great if you collect other things beyond Transformers (Star Wars, MOTU, GI Joe, DC/Marvel, etc. etc.). There's also panels, events, guests, and contests, usually announced closer to the date.

The other big thing that I'd say sets TFcon apart from other conventions I've been to is the atmosphere. As much as Botcon is an opportunity for fans to meet and socialize, TFcon is even moreso, and it always seemed like this socialization was a bigger focus at TFcon. If Botcon could be characterized as a trade show, TFcon would be more like a party.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote