Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

MTMTE #15 Teasers

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Super-Unvincible

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
MTMTE #15 Teasers

Are you ready to be heartbroken?

IDW Publishing Forums :: View topic - MTMTE #15 - teasing you to death
Mechafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Primus Hates You!
News Credits: 8
The dialogue part is interesting. I'm guessing it'll refer to either Drift or Chromedome, don't see that applying to someone like Brainstorm.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Feedback Want List
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Quintesson
News Credits: 1
Oh man it just makes the wait harder!!! This man knows how to tease us.
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
Quintesson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
The dialogue part is interesting. I'm guessing it'll refer to either Drift or Chromedome, don't see that applying to someone like Brainstorm.
I think the smart money is on one of those two. I am racking my brain for who the hell else it could be. Would he give us such an obvious piece of dialogue?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
I imagine the change is Cyclonus......just got a hunch
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Lost Light Stowaway
Collection Count: 150+
Oh my.

Muh Feedbacks TF Legends: edgs3099
edgs2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
FREEDOM FIGHTER
Collection Count: i need to recount...
if the measure of a good comic is how much i want to read forthcoming issues, then this thing takes the cake.

My Humble Collection http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ollection.html
CVprowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
The WORDSMITH
Collection Count: About 300 or so :D
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijumaster View Post
I imagine the change is Cyclonus......just got a hunch
I've been suspecting that since something Roberts said a while back, that he felt one character he planned to do one thing wouldn't do that anymore. I bet that's Cyclonus killing Whirl
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
Waspinator Cultist
Collection Count: Slightly over 9000!
News Credits: 3
Send a message via MSN to Calabask Send a message via Skype™ to Calabask
The Cash song makes this sound like this episode is going to be rather nasty in terms of collateral damage. Overlord is going to wreck everyone, and I think the person being referred to is Chromedome, and I suspect the person who says it is Rewind. I'm going to read this issue to that Cash song, because, really. It's very, very fitting for a reckoning, and /that/ is what is going to occur here.
Calabask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #10
Terrorcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
I've been suspecting that since something Roberts said a while back, that he felt one character he planned to do one thing wouldn't do that anymore. I bet that's Cyclonus killing Whirl
I'll write this ambiguously so as not to compromise your spoiler cover. The grudge/friction between the two characters may lead one to rescue the other from danger. A bit ironic maybe, but it reminds me of The Guns of Navarone. Or, more pertinently for the fan community, the TF: Prime episode where Bulkhead Rescues Breakdown from MECH; 'No rescue, no revenge.'.

With the two characters you mention, maybe the threat and distrust will simmer on a while longer, or they could gain respect for each other from this threat...

If they both survive.

This bring me to another point. Others have suggested that these two should not die because the grudge gives the story tension and builds the characters.
By the time the main story in LSOTW took place, Guzzle had a pretty serious bone to pick with Kup and yet both survived deadly peril from no less than the same antagonist we see here; Overlord.

Just to be clear, I'd be a fool to call out Roberts for reusing Overlord. That's not what I'm doing; I knew that could happen since he and Roche used LSOTW to give him character, a reputation and of course let him live. I really like what the team's done so far in the two parallel comics and however they push our collective buttons here and after I will probably say 'well played'.

What I am saying to the fans who mentioned fatalities on previous threads is, should a (developing) tension/animosity between two characters make them immune from a peril that will or could cost at least one other character their lives?

I've barely scratched the surface. ;)
adambman is offline   Reply With Quote