Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Monstrosity #2

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
MUH BONKLES

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
Monstrosity #2

Didn't see a thread for this, so I've decided to make one!

Unfortunately, I didn't like it a much as #1. It was cool to see the Terrorcons though, and Megatron's claw arm/cloak getup is pretty badass.
Mechafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
zombiecon
Collection Count: they have their own room...
So.... IDW Dinobots are now being rammed into alignment with the FOC mutant versions?

zmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron II View Post
Smog is never wrong. He can only be right in the opposite direction.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
'Bomp'

Collection Count: Enough that they have their own room. Not too many that I can still fit a bed in it.
News Credits: 1
The Terrorcons are going to take down Megatron and challenge Scorponok for Decepticon leadership? The Terrorcons? Are you freaking kidding me? It appears that all the protagonists for this series have been chosen by alt-mode.

'It's called Monstrosity, what monster transformers are there?'

Next month Flamefeather and Cindersaur emerge as the real brains behind the Decepticons, whilst Repugnus makes an impassioned speech to the Conclave that almost reunites Cybertron, but for the last minute intervention of Senator Bugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
Wouldn't you be terrified of a monster that attacked you by swinging its genitalia at you?
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Mentalist Conspiracies
I think much like Autocracy i'm going to sit this one out and read it in one go when its done.

While its enjoyable, its just too short in 10 page chunks.
AdyCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
'Bomp'

Collection Count: Enough that they have their own room. Not too many that I can still fit a bed in it.
Also, decide how you're writing Grimlock ffs. If he's supposed to be an intelligent leader then write him as such. Don't try and sneak in a 'Me Grimlock-ism' and then congratulate yourself on your fan-wankery, because it doesn't work when done out of no-where and completely out of context. When Furman did it he found a good reason and moment to. When Roberts did it, it was both funny and poignant, just slipping it in in the middle of a conversation is stupid.

The Dynobots 'lose control' when they assume alt-mode? Ummm, ok. Presumably we'll be told why, but at the first hint of 'Shockwave did something to them' and I'm dropping the title faster than last nights curry.

And not sure what to think of the Decepticons being just as confused about how Scorponok came to become leader as we are. Ok, it's quite meta, but some form of explanation other than 'He's leader, just roll with it!' would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
Wouldn't you be terrified of a monster that attacked you by swinging its genitalia at you?
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
OBEY
Collection Count: Too many and not enough.
Send a message via AIM to DrGrim
It seems that every TF universe right now that isn't RID/MTMTE are trying to all tell almost the same kinds of stories right now with the same characters, with beast-Transformer making Shockwave and leader Scorponok and "Don't make me angry" Dinobots. I like being told a story, but I generally like to be told the story once.
DrGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Banned
News Credits: 12
Oh look this is turning into another Dinobot heavy book >_>

Seriously what's up with the Dinobots fetish? We were fine without them for years and them jsut being background character but now suddenly it's DINOBOTS FUCKING EVERYWHERE and it's not like they got toys or something. Only Grimlock got one and it's not that good.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
aka brickonator
Send a message via Skype™ to Girl Pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGrim View Post
It seems that every TF universe right now that isn't RID/MTMTE are trying to all tell almost the same kinds of stories right now with the same characters, with beast-Transformer making Shockwave and leader Scorponok and "Don't make me angry" Dinobots. I like being told a story, but I generally like to be told the story once.
I agree, Autocracy felt like it lifted too many elements from FoC's Metroplex-related plots, and now this feels similar to Prime/FoC Dinobot plots.
- Twitter - Feedback -
Girl Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
Terrorcon
News Credits: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Pants View Post
I agree, Autocracy felt like it lifted too many elements from FoC's Metroplex-related plots, and now this feels similar to Prime/FoC Dinobot plots.
Autocracy came out before FOC, though...
Sockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
Quote:
The Terrorcons are going to take down Megatron and challenge Scorponok for Decepticon leadership? The Terrorcons? Are you freaking kidding me? It appears that all the protagonists for this series have been chosen by alt-mode.
Didn't realize that Sixshot's groupies were more badass that he was.

I liked Autocracy and was looking forward to this. But I'm a little turned off by what I'm hearing so far.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote