Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

I'm a little confused about Shockwave (Spoilers)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Literal Pokéformer
I'm a little confused about Shockwave (Spoilers)

So, we now know what Empurata is and how it affects bots like Whirl and Shockwave. However, we know that guys like Brainstorm can make new hands and stuff, so presumably a new head isn't out of the question. I also know that hands like Ratchet's and presumably Whirl's are irreplaceable, but I don't think Shockwave's were special. Why didn't Shockwave just get a new head and hand. I'd assume he'd have a lot of influence if he could Matrix chambers installed in whoever he liked.
ArmoredSwampert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
I'm Doombot and I know it
Collection Count: More than I care to count.
They didn't just alter his body, they altered his mind as well. So he didn't WANT to change back, as his mind had been altered to accept or not even know that there had been changes.
MECHADOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Terrorcon
News Credits: 83
Somehow, after the Shadowplay he went through, I very much doubt Shockwave would care enough about his look to give himself a new head. Also, I think it was said somewhere he did replace his claws--with a laser gun.
Sockie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Literal Pokéformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MECHADOOM View Post
They didn't just alter his body, they altered his mind as well. So he didn't WANT to change back, as his mind had been altered to accept or not even know that there had been changes.
Ah. That kinda explains a lot. Still, Whirl actually said "I want my hands back." Now, I know any built hands wouldn't be as good as the real deal, but it's better than nothing, right?
ArmoredSwampert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Crusadercon
Collection Count: Thirty-ish, perhaps?
News Credits: 6
Yeah, clearly Shockwave was comfortable with it, since he had his claw replaced with a gun, rather than a new hand.

I expect that he decided from, a purely logical standpoint, that he had no need for a face or left hand.
Jalaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
I'm Doombot and I know it
Collection Count: More than I care to count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredSwampert View Post
Ah. That kinda explains a lot. Still, Whirl actually said "I want my hands back." Now, I know any built hands wouldn't be as good as the real deal, but it's better than nothing, right?
When human hands are lost, and are replaced by mechanical ones, there is a limitation to the functionality to the replacements, as the original controlling nerves are no longer present/don't work anymore. I know we're talking about robots, but I think something similar might be going on with Empurata. If it were really easy to undo, it wouldn't be much of a punishment. Perhaps what actually occurs is that they replace not only the hands and head, but also the control relays and circuts, such that even if Whirl were to get new hands, all he could do with them is open and close them like clamps, without any fine control.
MECHADOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Pan-Pacific Defense Corp
News Credits: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredSwampert View Post
Yeah but again it's Whirl, he's rather die than ask anyone to help him out.

Quote:
Perhaps what actually occurs is that they replace not only the hands and head, but also the control relays and circuts, such that even if Whirl were to get new hands, all he could do with them is open and close them like clamps, without any fine control.
Thing is transformers aren't JUST robots, they are also living organism that have their own deseases and blood/spark types and everything.

I can make a comparison with say the transistors (because I have an exam in elements of electornics next week and this shit is fresh in my head) and I can tell you NO TWO transistor ever have the exact same characteristic, the same amplification or act the same. If the transistor burns down and you replace it with another the effect won't be same, because there is a ton of shit that interferes.

That's why we have to project the electrical cicruits the specific way and always keep in mind that some of the transistor will have to get replaces and to make sure that the replacement does the same thing.

Well same can be applied here, no two hands are the same, even if they are all made in factories yet alone if they are forged.

It's not that devoid of reality or electornics for that matter. That shit is hard
Yggdrasil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Omnibot
DerVernichter's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Probably less than you do.
Since Shadowplay I can barely wait for Optimus and Shockwave to confront each other! I wonder how Roberts or Barber will handle it...
DerVernichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Super-Unvincible

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerVernichter View Post
Since Shadowplay I can barely wait for Optimus and Shockwave to confront each other! I wonder how Roberts or Barber will handle it...
Hopefully Roberts will be the one to write it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Stone
I kinda just realized that when Starscream’s in jetmode he’s coming at you dick first...
Mechafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Terrorcon
News Credits: 83
I imagine that Optimus had "that" confrontation with Shockwave a long time ago. I doubt there's much left that either of them has to say to each other concerning their past.
Sockie is online now   Reply With Quote