Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

IDW Collection Vol. 7?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
Uni-con
Location: Cybertron....come on, you really think I'm gonna spew that info around? Okay, okay....Tatooine.
Collection Count: Many and much more to come!
News Credits: 4
IDW Collection Vol. 7?

So I'm researching all these to see how to get the most bang for my buck. In Vol. 4 it says it contains the Drift miniseries....which is also supposed to be in Vol. 7? (according to Amazon anyway). This has to be wrong obviously, but what is really included in this set. I'm seeing Transformers Infestation 1-2 and Ongoing 7-18. Is the Drift series really supposed to be the Ironhide series? I don't see that in any of the collections so far.

PSN ID: DarthCyclonuS
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/955097-cyclonus_zero.html
CyclonuS_ZerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
...Green Lantern's light!
Predakwon's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1000
News Credits: 33
Send a message via AIM to Predakwon Send a message via Yahoo to Predakwon
Yes, in the solicts, Ironhide is confirmed.
Are you ok!? BUSTA WOLF!!
Predakwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predakwon View Post
Yes, in the solicts, Ironhide is confirmed.
which bugs me, if it's going to have Infestation in it, then it should also have Heart of Darkness.
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
Mini-Con
i'm just really happy they are making these idw collection hardcovers. i hope they will continue to include every idw new universe tale including autocracy. i buy the monthlies because i want to stay up with current events and discuss them on the idw boards. then i buy the trades for easy loaning out. but the hardcovers are what i care about the most. i love having the entire space-saga from beginning to an end that i hope is a far way off. the stories have already been printed in these books non-chronologically... so, i see no reason we can't have new flashback tales included in upcoming editions. i was glad they even included such tales as infestation and will reprint heart of darkness despite the somewhat scary artwork. and now we have spotlights again. this excites me so much. a lot of the newer characters i tend to mix-up so i think this will help. anywho, i have my tf idw collection vol. 7 preordered from amazon and look very forward to adding it to my bookshelf. this series has managed to buck the status-quo and go places i never would have expected. i just want hunter to be alive, verity to return, and jimmy to get a supporting role or proper send-off. these were the first and only human characters i enjoyed in my tf comics. i do miss seeing earth a bit. i'm hoping we revisit at some point and find the planet militarized with all that cybertronian tech left behind and the fear that megatron will seek retribution. but i don't want to do it unless it continues to forward the overall approach. roberts has also mentioned that he wants to tie-up loose ends and missteps of arcs previous so it reads as one single star-spanning epic. imagine twenty idw hardcovers on the bookshelf. i have to admit, i hate reboots but this one i actually enjoy more than transformers uk and that is saying quite a bit.
cashel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
I am a LegendaryAntiHero
Collection Count: 1003
I'm hoping it's Ironhide and not Drift. Also, I think they should start printing two ongoing trades in the same IDW collection.

^I've got more Gamerscore than xBigBotx

Like More Than Meets the Eye on Facebook
LegendAntihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashel View Post
i'm just really happy they are making these idw collection hardcovers. i hope they will continue to include every idw new universe tale including autocracy. i buy the monthlies because i want to stay up with current events and discuss them on the idw boards. then i buy the trades for easy loaning out. but the hardcovers are what i care about the most. i love having the entire space-saga from beginning to an end that i hope is a far way off. the stories have already been printed in these books non-chronologically... so, i see no reason we can't have new flashback tales included in upcoming editions. i was glad they even included such tales as infestation and will reprint heart of darkness despite the somewhat scary artwork. and now we have spotlights again. this excites me so much. a lot of the newer characters i tend to mix-up so i think this will help. anywho, i have my tf idw collection vol. 7 preordered from amazon and look very forward to adding it to my bookshelf. this series has managed to buck the status-quo and go places i never would have expected. i just want hunter to be alive, verity to return, and jimmy to get a supporting role or proper send-off. these were the first and only human characters i enjoyed in my tf comics. i do miss seeing earth a bit. i'm hoping we revisit at some point and find the planet militarized with all that cybertronian tech left behind and the fear that megatron will seek retribution. but i don't want to do it unless it continues to forward the overall approach. roberts has also mentioned that he wants to tie-up loose ends and missteps of arcs previous so it reads as one single star-spanning epic. imagine twenty idw hardcovers on the bookshelf. i have to admit, i hate reboots but this one i actually enjoy more than transformers uk and that is saying quite a bit.
I share you enthusiasm... but paragraphs my friend, paragraphs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAntihero View Post
I'm hoping it's Ironhide and not Drift. Also, I think they should start printing two ongoing trades in the same IDW collection.
Yes from what I've gathered even though Amazon mucked up the statement it will be Ironhide mini series not Drift. Drift however is getting some kind of small update or trade paperback for miniseries/spotlight/something extra.

Speaking of Amazon Preorders.... has anyone else been constantly getting emails from Amazon on this backing up the release date of Volume 7 every couple of weeks for two more weeks? Its happened like 4 times on my preorder already!
Don't like my opinion? Go opine yourself.

Sig size limit is 40 kb and 500x300 pixels -2005 Staff
Crimson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
choppaface
Collection Count: 813
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashel View Post
I'm pretty much the same way. I love these big hardback books. The humans in my eyes were done fairly well, not to be too terribly annoying, which makes them leaps and bounds when compared to other human counterparts in the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson87 View Post
I share you enthusiasm... but paragraphs my friend, paragraphs!

Yes from what I've gathered even though Amazon mucked up the statement it will be Ironhide mini series not Drift. Drift however is getting some kind of small update or trade paperback for miniseries/spotlight/something extra.

Speaking of Amazon Preorders.... has anyone else been constantly getting emails from Amazon on this backing up the release date of Volume 7 every couple of weeks for two more weeks? Its happened like 4 times on my preorder already!
I have a few preorders on different books and I get about 3-4 notices each week of the dates changing a day or two. Its kind of funny to me.

Twitter /B/S/T Marvel Universe sale! /My feedback thread /Wants thread /My Collection UPDATED 6/2/GASMASKENATION Updated 11/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thew
and then Hound was a zombie!
xanthax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Quintesson
Collection Count: 1600+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson87 View Post
This has happened on at least the last two IDW hardcovers that have been released by Amazon. Whatever the initial release date posted, figure on adding about two months.

I'm not sure what other sites have them to offer, but it seems a few people get them in hand about a week or so before Amazon ships out.
silverstreak70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
The guy with 28 Sweeps
News Credits: 9
This happened with RID v1, MTMTE v1, all the Classics and Classics UK, and has already happened with RID and MTMTE v2... I'm sure it'll keep happening. At least they release them. I'm still waiting for the last two volumes of Farscape and the publisher won't respond.
Thundershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Mini-Con
I'd like to get back into some Transformers lore. Is hunting down the old volumes of the IDW Collections the best way to go?
Mach9 is offline   Reply With Quote