Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

More Than Meets The Eye #4 Discussion

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #201
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: almost as many as I gave away in '95!
Metroplex's T-cog was "stolen" in the 1st arc of the 3rd season. (which is why he didn't transform and defend the Autobots against the Decepticon attack in the 86 movie.)

It seemed a lame ret-con then, but it's part of the mythos. And it's starting to get a little better defined now. (as a mechanical engineer, I can't believe something as complex as a TF is all connected to a single gearset buried somwhere in the works, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevel View Post
There are all kinds of names like that in Transformers: Grimlock, Trailbreaker, Roadbuster, Bonecrusher (Transformers don't even have bones!), Wreck-Gar, Rippersnapper, Hun-Gurrr, Chainclaw, Tentakil, Horri-Bull, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Skullgrin, Carnivac, Big Daddy, etc. Those all make no sense and/or they were named that way to sound totally cool, grimdark, and awesome!!1!

When you think about it, even "Megatron" sounds a bit lame when you're not familiar with the franchise.
I always apply the "Universal translator excuse" for this. Since Transformers don't really speak "our language" (English/Japanese/French/etc.) their names are translated into an aproximation. Some are better than others. For instance, I don't know what Jazz translates to in Cybertronian, but no word really defines Jazz as well. (Jazz music is a free-form improvised form of music, Autobot Jazz is someone who has to improvise as the mission dictates. Jazz is often defined as smooth, ditto for Autobot Jazz.)
This will not end well,,,

He Always was a little slow,,,,
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-funnies/122533-he-always-litte-slow.html
Infosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #202
TFW2005 Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe80 View Post
Well with Grimlock showing up in issue 6, I wonder how Magnus will react. Should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
I think that's issue 8, not 6.
Thanks for the spoilers, much obliged.
Light Our Darkest Hour [{O}] Till All Are One
Cybermnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #203
Primus Hates You!
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosaur View Post
Metroplex's T-cog was "stolen" in the 1st arc of the 3rd season. (which is why he didn't transform and defend the Autobots against the Decepticon attack in the 86 movie.)

It seemed a lame ret-con then, but it's part of the mythos. And it's starting to get a little better defined now. (as a mechanical engineer, I can't believe something as complex as a TF is all connected to a single gearset buried somwhere in the works, though.)
Actually, it was "damaged" during the Battle of Autobot City - God knows how, and thats why he didn't transform. The first arc of the 3rd season, they were delivering the new cog to replace it.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Feedback Want List
Star Saber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #204
Outback is back
Collection Count: 1000+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via MSN to Oracle_Aesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
Actually, it was "damaged" during the Battle of Autobot City - God knows how, and thats why he didn't transform. The first arc of the 3rd season, they were delivering the new cog to replace it.
Maybe Wheeljack was tinkering with it, it blew up and killed him and Windcharger?
Oracle_Aesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #205
That's what it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle_Aesir View Post
Maybe Wheeljack was tinkering with it, it blew up and killed him and Windcharger?
Haha that's a good explanation. Can we get that written into cannon somehow? In the end, WJ's tinkering got the best of him =T

"But Prime, I'm-- I'm just a solider, I-- I'm not worthy."
UltraMagnus3786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #206
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: almost as many as I gave away in '95!
Okay I confused it with ANOTHER episode where a bunch of Autobots (or was it Decepticons?) tried to swap Trypticon's T-cog with Metroplex's.
This will not end well,,,

He Always was a little slow,,,,
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=122533
Infosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #207
That's what it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosaur View Post
Okay I confused it with ANOTHER episode where a bunch of Autobots (or was it Decepticons?) tried to swap Trypticon's T-cog with Metroplex's.
That was the Ultimate Weapon, one of my favorite episodes. Swindle takes down First Aid, takes the cog. Later the Autobots take Trypticon's cog. Then there's an all out mistransformed brawl between the two until First Aid makes the necessary adjustments to Trypticon's cog in Metroplex, and Metro kicks some tail. A brief part of that battle was one of the best animated moments in the entire series. Transformers episode 86 - the ultimate weapon part 3 - YouTube

Hah, but I'm getting WAY off topic for this thread

"But Prime, I'm-- I'm just a solider, I-- I'm not worthy."
UltraMagnus3786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #208
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 31
I have to chime in and say that I finally caught up on this series and it probably ranks as one of the best TF comic reads I have had in a long time. Never been much into the comics, and the ones I have picked up have been pretty forgettable, but I am really into this story.

"If he smiles, his precarious cranial architecture will collapse and he will die." - Misfire
Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #209
Wrecker
Can't wait for tomorrow.
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Wadeledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #210
Handsome like an F-22
Collection Count: 40
News Credits: 2
I know there were a few pages in that CBR interview with Barber and Roberts, but has there been an actual preview for #5?
grindcore138 is offline   Reply With Quote