Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

More Than Meets The Eye #3 Discussion

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
The Ultimate Masterpiece
Collection Count: Beyond 600
News Credits: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to Smokescreen
Got this issue today and loved it. I love both series, but this one is my favorite of the two. Swerve was great once again and Skids continues to impress me. I actually want to buy a reissue Skids now. And, of course, it's nice to see Smokescreen mingling amongst the crowd. I hope he gets a chance to come to the forefront at some point.
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #32
Insecticon
Collection Count: 4
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyley View Post
TURBOFOXES. Finally! I wish one had survived...the Lost Light crew needs one one as a pet/mascot.
There is Sunstreaker, so there would be Bob, too. I personally prefer Insecticon rather than fox.
Arsenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #33
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 8
Was so happy to see Turbofoxes at last get a canonic visual appearence I put aside the Bestiary page I was working on and threw this together quick.

Ro-Milne's Turbofox

-ZacWilliam, our first mechanimal has a look at last.
ZacWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #34
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyley View Post
-"Rossum's Trinity"...is that an easter egg or reference of some sort? It doesn't seem to be an anagram. Does that word ring a bell for anyone?
Rossum's Universal Robots (R.U.R.) is the Russian play that invented the word "Robot."

-ZacWilliam, definately an easter egg.
ZacWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #35
Dinobot
Collection Count: somewhere around 100-200
So, has there been any speculation on what sparkeaters actually are (besides terrifying)? It sort of looked like a skeletal Cybertronian to me. ...Some kind of Quintesson experiment, maybe?
IaconStargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #36
Where was Sol Fury?
Sol Fury was here!

News Credits: 35
Send a message via AIM to ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacWilliam View Post
Also interesting Shock's response to being the single Duobot strongly suggests to me that their gimmick was the reverse of the Duocons, who were two vehicles in one robot. These comments combined with their linked individual name structure (vs the Duocons) strongly suggests to me that the Duobots are instead 2 robots combining to one vehicle. Does that make sense?
Been wondering this too! Buggin' me all afternoon. Your idea makes the most sense I believe.

Just a fantastic home run issue. My beef now is I need toys.

I never, EVER, gave two craps about wanting a Generations Skids figure. Now here I am. Waiting...

Along with Chromedome and Swerve (Hopefully from Igear)
Listen to me week nights on KTEG 7pm-11pm MST HERE.

ORIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
Quote:
I never, EVER, gave two craps about wanting a Generations Skids figure. Now here I am. Waiting...
Only if there is a pistol molded into his hand!

Let's wait and see. Last Stand of the Wreckers was four measly issues, but if that's not the reason we got Commander Guzzle I'll eat a Kreon.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
Senior Villain
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre View Post
One of the things I love most about this series is how I can read a single issue and not feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth. I'm usually a trade girl because the single issues rarely satisfy me.

MTMTE, however, always does. Three issues in and with all three, once I finished I was satisfied. The individual issues are so strong that they're satisfiying reads.
The amount of substance in this series is very refreshing. I generally view modern comics as vapid trash too focused on art. It's delightful to sit and actually *read* each panel.
Nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #39
autobot
Collection Count: around 300-350
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacWilliam View Post
Wow. Again.

Page 8
- Hmmm. Hoist isn't rooming with Grapple? (Who is that by the way?)
-Tailgate is so earnest. Wonder if he and Cyc really will room together. Heh.
I've seen him being named as grapple on the Idw boards but he looks abit more like sandstorm to me, bearing in mind ive been wrong about pretty much everything else so far!
sunnyswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #40
Handsome like an F-22
Collection Count: 40
News Credits: 2
Ooooohhhhhhhhh! Looks like I'll be waiting another week to get hold of this, called the shop I normally go to and it's not in there yet, on the plus side when I do go in I'm finally getting my hands on RID #1 & 2 as well, but still, a whole week! What am I to do (other than everything else I'd normally do, haha)?!
grindcore138 is offline   Reply With Quote