Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Tigerblade's G1 S1 MP scaled collection

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
That computer image was totally a plant, I know it.
It's sabotage I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
I really dig some of those custom MPs How about a list of the artist/figure?

Robocop will protect your collection.
Cheers man, I just wish I could get my 18" Neca RoboCop and Terminator figures in there.....when I get my man cave it will be done! Along with finishing off my Hyperspin stand up arcade cabinet and making a sitting down cab for all the driving games!!

Regarding customs, I did them all, some have taken alot of inspiration from pictures around the 'net. Optimus Timelord's Sidewsipe and Turboedguys Bumblebee for example.

Full scratch customs - Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Jazz & Brawn.

Repaints - Trailbreaker, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bluestreak, Wheeljack & Reflector (who has one of ALt Skids wheels as a shutter - thanks Optimus Timelord for the idea!).

Repolabelled - Prowl, Hound, Devastator and the Insecticons.

Part customed - Megatron (G1 fusion cannon to replace the ridiculously large stock one), Skywarp & Starscream tail fin mods, FP Shrapnel has a G1 head and antennas, Soundwave has Alternator Skids arms and MP seeker hands, Ravage has KO oversized G1 rockets.

Part customs still to do - get a G1 head for Kickback, replace Soundwave/Devastator heads with F_R casts. Thinking about extending Sideswipe's waist too when I get some more styrene and giving him real feet from Alt Prime....that will give him a little extra height and stability (EDIT - DONE!)

Full scratch customs still to do - Mirage (half way done) & Shockwave. Thyvipera has posted MP Shockwave in the Radicons section and it is awesome beyond belief, pure win...I has the parts winging their ways to me right now
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Bringer of Devastation
Collection Count: 350
Love it man! Great collection. I am jealous of your MP customs.
My Transformers Collection
My Feedback
mrtbone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Lambo Assassin
LamboTwinLove's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 270
I am still loving those MP Lambo twins of yours. And I love that Sunstreaker is taller. I can just see those two bickering over it now hehe.

Love your collection!
LamboTwinLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbone81 View Post
Love it man! Great collection. I am jealous of your MP customs.
Cheers but no need to be jealous man, your collection is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboTwinLove View Post
I am still loving those MP Lambo twins of yours. And I love that Sunstreaker is taller. I can just see those two bickering over it now hehe.

Love your collection!
Cheers again man, he'll still be smaller....just, the more I look at him the more I just want him that bit bigger by having that section of the white/silver waist showing that he clearly has in pretty much all G1 media...and like in your sig! There is pretty much the perfect piece already under the hood it's just not big enough to be showing so it needs a little help I think. Also the more I hear about MP12 the more I think I'm really not gonna be happy with how small he may be so the search is on again for an Alternator Sideswipe head.........
Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Lambo Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
Cheers again man, he'll still be smaller....just, the more I look at him the more I just want him that bit bigger by having that section of the white/silver waist showing that he clearly has in pretty much all G1 media...and like in your sig! There is pretty much the perfect piece already under the hood it's just not big enough to be showing so it needs a little help I think. Also the more I hear about MP12 the more I think I'm really not gonna be happy with how small he may be so the search is on again for an Alternator Sideswipe head.........
Yeah I know what you mean. He would look a bit better being that little bit taller. I'm sure you will figure something out.

And yeah. The more speculation and thing said about MP-12 make me a bit less excited. I get why some people want scale and all that but really... I just want a big version of Sideswipe, damn it!

We'll just have to see how it looks when it come out in the fall (I believe that is when he is scheduled.)

And also, I'm a girl lol. But don't worry. It happens all the time here lol.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean. He would look a bit better being that little bit taller. I'm sure you will figure something out.

And yeah. The more speculation and thing said about MP-12 make me a bit less excited. I get why some people want scale and all that but really... I just want a big version of Sideswipe, damn it!

We'll just have to see how it looks when it come out in the fall (I believe that is when he is scheduled.)

And also, I'm a girl lol. But don't worry. It happens all the time here lol.
Yup end of the year but I have already braced myself for abject disappointment......although there is a glimmer of hope depending on what Takara thinks the right scale is seeing as there really is no correct height as G1 material was so inconsistent. Meh, time will tell I guess but expect the worst and anything else is a bonus.

Oh I call everyone man/mate. Maybe it's an English thing.....lol
Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Lambo Assassin
Quote:
Yup end of the year but I have already braced myself for abject disappointment......although there is a glimmer of hope depending on what Takara thinks the right scale is seeing as there really is no correct height as G1 material was so inconsistent. Meh, time will tell I guess but expect the worst and anything else is a bonus.

Oh I call everyone man/mate. Maybe it's an English thing.....lol
Oh, okay. It might be an English thing. I'm from DC.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'll wait and see but I'm not expecting to get exactly what I want. We'll see!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
Quote:
Thinking about extending Sideswipe's waist too when I get some more styrene and giving him real feet from Alt Prime....that will give him a little extra height and stability (EDIT - DONE!)
Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean. He would look a bit better being that little bit taller. I'm sure you will figure something out
Updated the main pic and sig.....Sideswipe now stands nearly as tall as his bro!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
Autobot
Collection Count: 200+
Are Sideswipe and Sunstreaker transformable?

I'm guessing no...but that would be awesome.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker have always been my favorite G1 Autobots too. I hope after Sideswipe we get a Sunstreaker that has his own transformation, and is not just a repaint/retool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Optimatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimatron View Post
Are Sideswipe and Sunstreaker transformable?

I'm guessing no...but that would be awesome.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker have always been my favorite G1 Autobots too. I hope after Sideswipe we get a Sunstreaker that has his own transformation, and is not just a repaint/retool.
Nope, I'm not that good at reshelling!! As long as I get the robot mode right though I'm very happy. I'm seemingly one of the rare breed of TF collectors who never transforms their figures and never displays in alt mode (besides Grimlock of course). All robots and only for display.

Regards official MP's a Sunstreaker would be awesome....I'm just concerned that they are gonna be too small.

A slight re-jig in anticipation of the incoming MP Shockwave......who will transform!!

I also swapped out Soundwave's arms. He can now press his own eject button Should be getting his new head soon too. Still unsure whether to paint the clear tape door blue like in the cartoon tho.