Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Th0r4z1n3's Office... err... um... Toy Room (56K Need Not Apply)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
I Hoard Seekers
Collection Count: Sombody needs to stage an intervention.
News Credits: 6
Th0r4z1n3's Office... err... um... Toy Room (56K Need Not Apply)

Haven't updated this in a while...

Recently changed the direction of my collecting, so I'm still getting stuff re-arranged, but enjoy the work in progress. I'll try to update as my organization gets a bit better.

MPs

Alts/BTs

Alpha-Bots

City-Formers

Seekers

Top Shelf

Second Shelf

Third Shelf

Bottom Shelf

Still some figures I need to get out and displayed, but in the mean time...enjoy some more random shots of figures I found interesting

Want To Buy KingToys Mini G1 Clear Thrust KO

^Please no clicky^

Last edited by Th0r4z1n3; 03-18-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Th0r4z1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Brightest can in toolshed
Collection Count: More than a year has days.
Nice set-up you have there. Yet aside from you're huge display-base below the shelves, something else caught my attention. Are those three custom-vinyled Deadend Alternators? Can I (we) see some detailed pics of those? The flame-job one is my fav, and I cant help but think I saw those two other schemes somewhere. Formula-D or D1 setups maybe?

And where did that bootleg G1 Sixshot come from? Or are the purple-wings from a foreign release like the Argentinian "Salt-Man Z" recolors?

~Z
AutoCon2076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
I Hoard Seekers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCon2076 View Post
Nice set-up you have there. Yet aside from you're huge display-base below the shelves, something else caught my attention. Are those three custom-vinyled Deadend Alternators? Can I (we) see some detailed pics of those? The flame-job one is my fav, and I cant help but think I saw those two other schemes somewhere. Formula-D or D1 setups maybe?

And where did that bootleg G1 Sixshot come from? Or are the purple-wings from a foreign release like the Argentinian "Salt-Man Z" recolors?

~Z
First off, thank you for the compliment! And if you haven't been able to tell I do like me some KOs, lol.

Sixshot, as you guessed, is a bootleg. I got him from a seller named Swimmist on eBay. He's not a bad toy at all, I got him on a whim and I'm happy with him

The Alternators you asked about are not customs, they are also KOs. All 5 are KOs of the Viper molds used by Sideswipe and Dead End. As far as the color schemes go, I think I remeber reading somewhere that they are actuial race care paint schemes. That's where they got their "Officialy Licensed" selling point from, they were licensed by the racers to use their paint jobs, not Has-Tak to use their molds. But then again I could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt. None of them had any "Official" name attached to them so I took the liberty of nameing them myself. Here's some pics along with some names (lemme know what you think):

Breakdown

Wildrider

Drag Strip

Divebomb
With the broken arm... It is a KO and should be handled as such. Lesson learned.

The Fallen

^Please no clicky^
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
Christian TF Fan :)
Collection Count: getting smaller
News Credits: 2

Nice collection and the shelving came together nice from your last pics a while ago. I was wondering what the black bw megatron is? I have never seen that before, is that custom or lucky draw?

Christian TF Fans Group
PSN-Vita - SonICONvoY :::: XBL - wingsabr
-2011 TFW Yahoo Fantasy Football Champion-

Wingsbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
buh-buh-body ya

Gears's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A gazillion.
News Credits: 12
Wow.

Read "Gears' Comedy Explosion!!!"
How awesome is Gears?
Gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
MonsterOfTheWeek.com
Collection Count: 15
Nice collection. That link you had for the KO Sixshot showed the seller had a KO Predaking, I didn't even know they were made. I wish I saw that and Sixshot appear at the local swap meets here or Big Lots.
Visit my toy & dvd reviews at www.MonsterOfTheWeek.com
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
I Hoard Seekers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsbr
Nice collection and the shelving came together nice from your last pics a while ago. I was wondering what the black bw megatron is? I have never seen that before, is that custom or lucky draw?
Man you guys are making me look bad, all the peices everyone's asking about are all KOs, lol. The black BW Megs is a KO I got from Big Lots not too long ago. And seeing as there was no "official" name attached to him, I call him Deszaras. That and I already have a red one. Quality is not too bad either, better than the other "Big Lots KOs" at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronV
Nice collection. That link you had for the KO Sixshot showed the seller had a KO Predaking, I didn't even know they were made. I wish I saw that and Sixshot appear at the local swap meets here or Big Lots.
Yea, I seen that when I was looking for the link to put in my reply. I've got one of those too, but not from him. I got mine from another board member (man I wish I could rember his name), who live out west... L.A. I think. He found a bunch of them at a shop in Chinatown and offered them up in Junkion for cost plus shipping. Man if you're reading this thanks again, he's still one of my favs! Great quality to/too, not quite enough to pass off as real (excluding the color differance) but way better than those Devy KOs all over eBay, and sturdy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfire21 (from PM)
Hi, I saw your collection thread and was wondering where you got that neat shelf that has your masterpieces/helmet, it seems like a good idea.
I actually got it from the Family Dollar for like $12 or so. If you look real close in the pic you can see I have it setting on a bucket to add some hight (being as it sits behind my desk) but its not a bad shelf at all. Sturdy and light weight. I thinking about getting another one to put in the other corner. They have the a couple of differant size and shape variations on this designe too.

^Please no clicky^
Old 09-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
Autobot...
Collection Count: 200+...
Nice setup...I'm hoping to be in our new home by years end...and then I'll be able to put up shelves and a collection thread as well...

The big bases at the bottom make for a perfect place to spread out larger TF's such as Metroplex (as you've done)...or create a battle scene...and I like the way your glass shelves are cut at the corners...

Very cool indeed...

Feedback
defstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
MonsterOfTheWeek.com
Collection Count: 15
Yea, I seen that when I was looking for the link to put in my reply. I've got one of those too, but not from him. I got mine from another board member (man I wish I could rember his name), who live out west... L.A. I think. He found a bunch of them at a shop in Chinatown and offered them up in Junkion for cost plus shipping. Man if you're reading this thanks again, he's still one of my favs! Great quality to/too, not quite enough to pass off as real (excluding the color differance) but way better than those Devy KOs all over eBay, and sturdy too.

Dang it, I was just in China Town in Los Angeles over the Labor Day weekend and all they had were the standard Devastator/Bruticus/Superion/Defensor KOs. If I saw that Predaking I would’ve picked it up and re-colored to G1 colors.

p.s. If you ever remember the TF member you got the KO Predaking form please PM me, I'd like to find out where in L.A. he got it and how long ago. Thanks!
Visit my toy & dvd reviews at www.MonsterOfTheWeek.com

Last edited by BaronV; 09-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: update
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #10
Addicted to candy canes.
Boo's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not sure. I thnk I have one or two stashed around here somewhere.
Send a message via AIM to Boo
I love those shelves. Nice collection, too.

April 5, 2008 ... the best day of my life!
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote