Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Impossible Toys Tetra Squadron Video Reviews

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus
Impossible Toys Tetra Squadron Video Reviews

REVIEW:

TRANSFORMATION RUN-THROUGH:

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Break the line
Collection Count: ~120
News Credits: 21
if the heasdsculpt was better i'd probably grab skywarp.

shame, but interesting.

[youtube] | [feedback] | [cy.ca feedback] | [flickr] | [twitter]
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 1
But do they fly? Come on Vangelus test it out for us. LOL That face sculpt though, wow. It looks like someone tried making a mold of another head and the details were all lost in the process.
MY FEEDBACK : http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...hegame2k5.html
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 100+
OMG i kept flinching, that video...
Squee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Indeed its IT's best effort to date. I just wish their future products can build on this new standard(I'm won't do the cliche of condemning/maligning them XD).

I may get one of those, maybe a Dirge version. The face is quite meh, so I do wish there was a corrected run before I go for the catch.
badoptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
"IT'S TIME"!
Collection Count: Not Nearly Enough
News Credits: 4
Send a message via Yahoo to GAUGE Send a message via Skype™ to GAUGE
strongest most durable 3rd party toys yet.

Wants/Needs: Edited: 7-30-14
GAUGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Know what I find a bit curious? Venksta helped with the design of the figures right? ...and yet those head sculpts... I'd have to cast doubt that he had much say in their design. At least, compare these to the offerings he puts up at Renderform. Those sculpts are sooooo much better overall.

Anyway... good review as always... even if you were pretty brutal with them. I expected a hammer to be involved tho! >_>

I'd consider giving them a shot... but as is I can't even catch up to all the holiday season items... so...

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #8
My name is ASAC Hank...*!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
I had a ton of fun watching this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
Insufferable Smartass
Collection Count: ∞ + 1
News Credits: 2
I have had 2 of these preordered from the start, but those horrible face sculpts have me wondering if I really want to keep them or not. I havent had any concerns about quality and didn't mind the robot modes, but I was hoping that the faces weren't as bad as the low-res pictures made them look. In a decent resolution, they look far worse.
DFW Area collectors: Join The Metroplex
Sales Thread Twitter
Cax6ton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
Render Project Creations
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
Know what I find a bit curious? Venksta helped with the design of the figures right? ...and yet those head sculpts... I'd have to cast doubt that he had much say in their design. At least, compare these to the offerings he puts up at Renderform. Those sculpts are sooooo much better overall.

Anyway... good review as always... even if you were pretty brutal with them. I expected a hammer to be involved tho! >_>

I'd consider giving them a shot... but as is I can't even catch up to all the holiday season items... so...
The initial design was made by me, 100%. There are revisions Impossible did after I delivered the design to them, most of them are improvements. One thing people will have to keep in mind about my involvement with this, is that I designed this back in 2009 for Impossible. Before Renderform was an idea. Before some talented designer had a thought about a Bruticus upgrade or a figure name Steelcore. Before even Cylcops came to be. This predates over half the 3P groups that exist right now. The design shows its age, and should of been released by 2011, in my opinion. But despite the flaws and aging, I'm happy with what I see.

As for the head, the blame can be shared by myself and Impossible. The size is my fault. It looked fine in my software. I didn't notice the issue until they showed me the testshot. The face sculpt, from what I can see, seems to have smoothened out during the tooling process by the group. I noticed on both this, Alicon, and the Nightbird head I designed, that fine details got smoothed out or were simply removed.

For those that have an issue with the head, I've been talking with Impossible toys and we have some solutions, but it will take some time to fully plan and reveal.
Venksta is offline   Reply With Quote