Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Old School fan since 1984
sodawilly's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to sodawilly Send a message via Yahoo to sodawilly
TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!

Hi everyone,

I've been sitting on this figure since Saturday, and after a VERY crazy busy weekend, I'm here to provide a very nice in depth review.

Now from the get go, the big thing I want to mention as I know this is on peoples mind, the scoop is molded green! I was very happy to see this.

My whole figure is VERY solid, and the ratcheting joints are solid. Some people so far said that their arms were a little floppy..... Not on mine.

The ratcheting joints on the swivel for the shoulders (black piece with wheels attached) has the perfect tolerances to hold without having the concerns like the ratcheting joints on Heavy Labor (which I know is being corrected).

Tilting joint at waist is nice and tight and not floppy. Even at the joints for the shoulders there is no floppiness or looseness. I literally have no QC concerns on mine. Before doing the pictures when I got home, I had to dress the figure up just a tad. One big thing I wanted to do was add a symbol inside the scoop, reminiscent of their first appearance in the cartoon episode Heavy Metal War. I also added a symbol on his chest as well.

There will be a sticker set coming eventually, and I know Craig who does work for Reprolabels has finished the cut lines for the Heavy Labor set, so expect to see that set available soon. =)

I can't wait for my Dr. Crank to ship in the next couple of days. =) I have no complaints with this figure, and it is a GREAT homage to Scrapper. Probably my favorite bot in the Hercules set so far.

Enjoy,

- Gregg
Attached Thumbnails
TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07116.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07118.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07119.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07120.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07121.jpg  

TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07122.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07123.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07124.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07126.jpg   TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07130.jpg  

TFC Toys Structor in hand picture review!-dsc07131.jpg  
My Feedback!
BIG TIME supporter of Hasbro,TakaraTomy and 3rd Party Companies products!

Old school Transformers fan since 1984 and counting!
sodawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Crash and Burn
skiss's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 2
Awesome, The symbol in the scoop is perfect.
Sales Feedback
skiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Angkan ng mga Alamat
So awesome. He's my fave out of the bunch. Seeing the three together. Amazing!

Can you comment on the joint on Longhaul and Scrapper. Especially on combined mode. That green bit on Long Haul while connected? Such a tiny peg inside huge ratchet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnsake View Post
Oh yeah...PS......good like trying to find "logic" in anything a woman does. May as well find the Holy Grail while you're at it!!
seali_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Old School fan since 1984
sodawilly's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to sodawilly Send a message via Yahoo to sodawilly
No concerns whatsoever. Think of the ports on the energon combiners, but reinforced and perfected. NICE solid connection! Nothing to worry about.

- Gregg
My Feedback!
BIG TIME supporter of Hasbro,TakaraTomy and 3rd Party Companies products!

Old school Transformers fan since 1984 and counting!
sodawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 27
Thanks for the review Gregg. I'll have to pick up some extra labels for all of the crew.

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: Who Is Star Saber?

StayingInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Looking for my next job
This rocks thanks for the review!
CH@OS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Got mine this morning, I hate the wiggling shoulder plates, it makes the figure feel cheap. Other than that, cool figure. Visually, my favorite.
For sale/trade: TFs (G1 to AEO), 3rd party (UT War Lord, TW Brainwave, KFC Tempest, etc.), TFCC/Botcon, Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, TF COMICS, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Collection Count: More than some, but less than others
Great pics and thanks for posting your thoughts! I saw the HK video where the guy was yanking on those shoulder joint ratchets pretty hard getting them into and out of position and this had me worried, but it sounds like based on your review this shouldn't be an issue. In fact, already ordered mine from RK and have less concerns now than before I read this thread.

BTW, on a related topic, does anyone know a good trick for aligning the 'gears' on the feet of Exgraver? I just got mine and had a dickens of a time this weekend trying to align those gears on his feet getting him into vehicle mode. Watched a few YT videos trying to get a feel for it, but it seems to really just be trial and error. Anyone come up with a quick fix and or quick way of getting these lined up and folded inward into tread mode?
Stygian360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Casual TF collector
aksmth gave me this title!
Thanks for that group shot. Are the Exgraver and Structor detachable cab things roughly the same size?
So you want to see how good you are? Then you must be tired of living!

Visit My Junkion Feedback
Sonscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
I still think he May (Vs. Dr. crank) be the weakest of all 6, but that statment in no way should downplay my AMAZEMENT at him!
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote