Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Have the recent not-Razor Claw reveals changed your mind?
Yes, I'm dropping MMC for TFC Toys 28 9.43%
No, I'm sticking with MMC 154 51.85%
No, I'm sticking with TFC Toys 16 5.39%
No, I'm sticking with UT 15 5.05%
I'm purchasing TFC Toys & MMC's Not-Predacons 22 7.41%
I'm purchasing TFC Toys & UT's Not-Predacons 3 1.01%
I'm purchasing UT & MMC's Not-Predacons 0 0%
I'm purchasing all versions of the Not-Predacons 10 3.37%
I haven't seen enough to decide on one yet 30 10.10%
I'm still not purchasing a 3PC Not-Predacons 19 6.40%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Which 3PC knocked Razor Claw out of the Park?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
News Credits: 10
Poor MMC, after all of their hard work and also keeping us posted on everything almost every step of the way, there's still folks willing to drop them after one bot is shown from a company that's been having issues with their current combiner.

Yes, I think the TFC version is off to a good start as well but damn folks, at least wait for some more information before jumping ship.
My feedback
Robogeek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #32
Emerald Green
exomega255's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Around 1000
News Credits: 21
don't worry guys. Grey prototype means nothing. Remember that TFC manage to fk up coloring all the time
Feedback/My Sales
exomega255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
Angkan ng mga Alamat
TFC's colour blind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnsake View Post
Oh yeah...PS......good like trying to find "logic" in anything a woman does. May as well find the Holy Grail while you're at it!!
seali_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Nearing a 3P exclusive collection...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
You should definitely read up on TFC Toys' connectors, if you haven't already. Those things alone make me want to keep my distance from TFC Toys
I have... and it's definitely a major concern of mine.
Jehsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #35
Overlord of Cheddarland
cbff's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1000+++
News Credits: 9
TFC is tempting, since I do love Hercules and Uranos, but I committed to MMC so I'm gonna stick with them for Predaking.

The big thing for me is going to be size though. I know some people will want Predaking to tower over all the other TFC combiners, so they'll probably make TFC Predaking a lot bigger and more expensive. Whereas, I think MMC's Predaking will be closer to Hercules and Uranos in height, thusly cheaper and a more consistant combiner size, which I'd prefer.
cbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #36
Uni-con
Location: Cybertron....come on, you really think I'm gonna spew that info around? Okay, okay....Tatooine.
Collection Count: Many and much more to come!
News Credits: 4
MMC all the way. TFC just never quite hits the mark right. In fact if MMC were to do their versions of already existing 3rd party combiners, I'd probably purchase replacements of Devastator, Superion and Menasor.

PSN ID: DarthCyclonuS
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/955097-cyclonus_zero.html
CyclonuS_ZerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
Decepticon
Bigger doesn't always equal better especially if the connectors and joints aren't up to the challenge of holding up the weight.
bwsilverbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
Victory Saber's Recruit
Collection Count: >200
News Credits: 2
Right now, I like MMC's bot mode, TFC's beast mode and as for combined mode, I'm ever so slightly for TFC's. I think I'll stick to my MMC pre orders, but I haven't shut the door on TFC yet.

TFW Feedback
WANT: Hasbro-G1 Scorponok box + tray
opt1musaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #39
Plastic Crack Addict
tfwmongrel's Ebay Auctions
TFC is the best Razorclaw so far IMO. Certainly the best lion face - they're predators after all, their eyes should face FORWARD. Though I'm not a fan of the embossed mane - something too "Voltron" about it. As for the cannons, it's not the size that sticks with me but the shape - the sliding guns used by MMC look like they're 2 minutes post-coital (not limp, but getting there) and don't look very high caliber. If it were a handgun it wouldn't matter as much, but these are very much a part of the figure's stance.

But I don't like TFC's history & reputation. They charge a shit-ton for every piece, don't provide package sets, then release "optional upgrades" which are anything but for another $50-100 instead of releasing the best, the first time through.

That said, it is making me waver on my investment so far in MMC. I LOVE, LOVE their build & color quality on the Seekers molds, but the time between Rex's teasers is frustrating and honestly, I'm not loving the overall combiner shape as it nears release. It's lacking a certain "organic" combination - there's no "flow" between the feet, to legs, to torso. It's a rolled up rhino. I compare all gestalts to the standard set by Maketoys Giant, who looks like he was BORN that way.

I preordered on a TFSource stack, so I have the option to cancel out which is nice. We'll see.
tfwmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
BONKLE 2015
Collection Count: Hovering around 400.
MMC looks like it'll be the most impressive Predaking out of the three, but TFC's Razorclaw looks amazing in all three modes, while I feel MMC's suffers just a bit in robot mode. UT just looks very cheap and kitbashy, and rather pitiful next to the other two.

I'm still not sure if I'm getting either one, but I'm currently leaning towards MMC. I'm withholding further judgement until we see more of TFC's combiner, since I don't want it to turn into another Uranos.
Stryker055 is offline   Reply With Quote