Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

fansproject teaser

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #101
Dinobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket Head View Post
umm....well....woulda liked to see the rest of the stun(no)ticons first, but these look nice. I try to remind my kids to do one thing at a time, and not start other projects until they are done the one they are currently working on...but they don't listen anymore than FP does.

isn't there someone who is doing an add on to make one of the DOtM helicoptors (that wasn't in the movie--I forget his name) into the double bladed headmaster chopper? One for Mindwipe as well methinks?? am I wrong, or did that fall by the wayside?

bucket
Yep, Headrobots is doing them. But I don't think we'll see them before the end of 2013.
cylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #102
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 176
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-1 View Post
I'm only a little turned off by Brainstorm evidently not having a mouth plate in that preview art. I don't mind the forms being 'updated' or even a little unfamiliar... but to me, a Transformer's identity is more often than not in the face.

Stuff like Dr. Crank's lack of visor or Not-Shrapnel's mouth plate grate on me... not enough to keep me away, but enough to make me a little less enthused. ; ) So, I'll just have to hope maybe that's NOT the final product. Of course, I'll live if it is. I adore post-movie Transformers. : ]

Tom
Brainstorm didn't have a faceplate in Headmasters over in Japan. Likewise, Chromedome had eyes in said cartoon rather than the visor he had in the US Rebirth fiction.

And worst case, these are HEADMASTERS. Aka guys designed around the gimmick of putting different heads on their bodies. Somebody will make alternate heads if it's not FP themselves.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #103
The WORDSMITH
Collection Count: About 300 or so :D
News Credits: 6
Only biting if they include alternate heads specifically to make them look more MTMTEish. Although I won't hesitate for a millisecond when they get around to Gatormus Prime
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #104
Insecticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
Dude, Headrobots already made a Hardhead, plus there's another group making a Hardhead

I'm quite Hardheaded out. I'd rather see new characters. Plus, well, Chromedome is sort of an Autobot leader of sorts. And Brainstorm is a cool guy
<shrug>

Those were the first two Headmasters I got as a kid - like them for the nostalgia. Forgot about the Toyworld Hardhead though.

If these are 90 bucks a pop like Assaulter, though, there's no way I can even think about it, ugh. Maybe FP can work some 'economies of scale' magic and get their price down a bit.
Molon labe.

My Feedback
jtscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #105
Proud new dad!!
Collection Count: 2,250
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Grimlock_13 Send a message via MSN to Grimlock_13 Send a message via Yahoo to Grimlock_13
More accurate heads and color schemes would make all the difference. I'm in if that's take care of.
www.facebook.com/SlowRicky
Check out Grimlock_13's Attempt at Funnies if you dare! (CONCLUDED 11/22/13 with Comic 1,300!!!)
Grimlock_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #106
Fancy-Pantsless Dancer
shiftypenguin's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not nearly as much as I used too...
News Credits: 2
Fansproject is at war with my wallet!

I have a soft spot for Headmasters and Targetmasters.
shiftypenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #107
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpink View Post
What ever happened to CA-06 and CA-07?
Those are probably going to be the first two Stunticons. The four limbs were said to be Causality releases, with Motormaster being a Crossfire release.

And I'm glad that the design concepts for these have still been evolving since we last saw them. Wasn't quite feeling them before, just a little too blocky looking. But the updated artwork for Chromedome has far more dynamic proportions. Looks good.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #108
ROCK LORD
Collection Count: More than I was planning...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
If the heads are off though... they're HEADMASTERS.

Which means that if there's demand, someone can just go and do a third party head for those third party toys.
Very true, at least with Brainstorm. Chromedome's whole body would have to be more Roche-ified.
col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #109
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
Those are probably going to be the first two Stunticons. The four limbs were said to be Causality releases, with Motormaster being a Crossfire release.
Wouldn't the reverse make more sense? Explorer and Munitioner were Crossfire and they are limb-bots.

Motormaster is theoretically a stand alone guy, he could be casuality.

Not that it matters, i just want them all.
OptionZero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #110
Mini-Con
Collection Count: Round 100+
Brainstorm please
cdbenefiel is offline   Reply With Quote