Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

iGear Bushwacker (Outback), Cogz (Gears), Duneraker (Beachcomber) & Veer (Swerve)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
Second Coming of Primus
Geterman's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot, just a lot...
News Credits: 1
These all look great to me. I am glad that they upscaled these newer figures hopefully Huffer and Seaspray are upscaled down the line. The only thing that bothers me is Beachcombers legs, I hope they give him some heels. The way he looks now seems like there is no support from falling back.

Check Out my Figure Reviews on YouTube

For Sale Thread
Geterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Kinda wished beachcomber had a heel on him... feet look funny at a side angle with only the borders of the legs really holding him up...

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
Toylover
Cogz looks amazing and I'm anxious to get him. Beachcomber looks OK, but I think I may actually like Hasbro's better. Either way he's not a character design I like enough to spend more money on.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
Herald of Unicron
slugslinger2004's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many
News Credits: 2
Gears looks ok, but the head looks a bit weird. I HATE the look of Beachcomber, which is a shame because it's probably my favorite minibot not named Bumblebee. I was going to pass on Outback beforehand and the prototype pics do nothing to change my mind.
slugslinger2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #25
wants 3rd party Sky-Byte
Nemesis251's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceerad View Post
These look awesome, but after buying UFO and Hench, I really wish these were the same size as Spray and Rager. I don't remember if it was Seth or Vangelus that put it best on #223. They look great, and the engineering and articulation at Legends size is awesome, but once you up-size these to Scout size they are a bit of a letdown. At this size they should have better articulation and more complex engineering. I mean, judging by these pics, Cogz is almost full-on Deluxe size.
That sums up my feelings for these as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehsee View Post
Dude... this sucks... I just got FP's Revolver today, which I was VERY excited about... but got Warden a few days ago too... the dude (Warden) just makes everything I own look like chopped liver. I almost feel like one of the chicks I've slept with... essentially ruining all other future men for her.
Nemesis251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #26
Autobotacon
Collection Count: Enough to warrant my wife stating I have a problem
I'm all in for the upscale in size. I think they look pretty good next to the newer MP molds.

Totally in agreement on Beachcomber though. He definitely needs some sort of foot and heel to balance. If there's one thing I don;t like, it's a TF that can't stand.

I was really hoping they would have branched out and hit up all of the mini-bots, including Powerdive.

It would be really nice too if they redid Huffer and Seaspray in the larger scale.
RDprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
They look good. Cogz is the shiznit. I hope they fix the QC issues Hench had for outback and he'll be nice too.

Beachcomber needs something done with the legs... specifically the feet. Less angle/slope at the foot and more of a defined dashboard/foot recess might make it look better.

Overall very happy with the size of these. Yes they look like Legends up-scaled without the detail. But that's what we asked for from the beginning. And I'm not complaining.

I just want Rager and Spray to be the same size as well so they fit in with classics Bee and Cliffjumper.

Any extra detail they can add would just be a plus!
Don't like my opinion? Go opine yourself.

Sig size limit is 40 kb and 500x300 pixels -2005 Staff
Crimson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #28
Prepare for termination!
Cogz is adorable! I love it! Outback being a redeco of Hench isn't too surprising. Beachcomber is looking awesome! I need these guys in my collection, no question.
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
G1 Collector
brr-icy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1200+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
outback needs a new chestpiece,brawn's is too iconic, that was the main part that separated him from brawn, cogs looks great though, might have to get him, the others, i have already in some form or another on my classics shelf

Feedback: TFW2005/Cybertron.ca ^click for full size and gallery
My Collection Pretenders and G1 Japan Want List
Commissions Review Blog
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: More than some, but less than others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider4Life View Post
they all look real nice, except beachcomber. something about the hollowed looking feet scream "legends class"
This--^ NOT Beachcomber is the only less than stellar example from this group thus far. But honestly that's not as big a dig as it might otherwise be because all other MW's have been awesome, so to have one less than shining star isn't too bad.
Stygian360 is offline   Reply With Quote