Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

iGear Bushwacker (Outback), Cogz (Gears), Duneraker (Beachcomber) & Veer (Swerve)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #151
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
so, these are supposed to be geared more towards masterpiece collectors? with no wrist articulation and 5mm holes knocked through block fists (i'm talking about Hench here)? granted, the hands on Cogz appear to be quite a bit more expressive. i still really believe Hench would have looked a ton better at maybe 75% of his current size, and i feel the same way about Cogz and Duneraker. on DR, his legs flop down out of alt mode on a single pin joint. that's legends scale engineering, not deluxe or masterpiece.
I don't think they are geared towards anything and the way they are made is irrelevant (to me at least). It's their size and aesthetic that some of us think makes them fit best with the MP line.

As always tho, your collection, your money, your decision.
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #152
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 150ish
don't get me wrong, i'm still all in on this line. i've bought them all so far, except for the elusive Black Rager, and i love the look of all the new ones yet to come. i just think that debating the scale now, while they're still in prototypes, is a constructive way to let igear know what we fans want. if anything, those in favor of the upscaling outweigh we who like the minibot smaller. i've been jonesing for that freaking Gears since the first pics were leaked. he looks absolutely beautiful, and the alt mode is spot-on to the G1 look. i just want him to be scout size, that's all. and we'll all complain a bit less about Duneraker's lack of more complex feet if he's a 15 or 20 dollar legends toy.
rosewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #153
Quote:
don't get me wrong, i'm still all in on this line. i've bought them all so far, except for the elusive Black Rager, and i love the look of all the new ones yet to come. i just think that debating the scale now, while they're still in prototypes, is a constructive way to let igear know what we fans want. if anything, those in favor of the upscaling outweigh we who like the minibot smaller. i've been jonesing for that freaking Gears since the first pics were leaked. he looks absolutely beautiful, and the alt mode is spot-on to the G1 look. i just want him to be scout size, that's all. and we'll all complain a bit less about Duneraker's lack of more complex feet if he's a 15 or 20 dollar legends toy.
If you look at the pic with all 3 together in alt mode you'll see Cogz is actually bigger than Outback/Hench. Clever transforming aside I don't think he's gonna be far off Hench in robot mode either way.

I can't wait for Gears either. Completes the season 1 minibots for me but I'll still wish and moan for an upsized Huffer after
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #154
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
so, these are supposed to be geared more towards masterpiece collectors? with no wrist articulation and 5mm holes knocked through block fists (i'm talking about Hench here)? granted, the hands on Cogz appear to be quite a bit more expressive. i still really believe Hench would have looked a ton better at maybe 75% of his current size, and i feel the same way about Cogz and Duneraker. on DR, his legs flop down out of alt mode on a single pin joint. that's legends scale engineering, not deluxe or masterpiece.
I do agree with this (although maybe it's just expecting too much based on how spoilt we have been recently for great figures). But yeah, fists with holes in are really past their sell-by date at this point, on anything above a Legends class. But even iGear's not-Ratchet and Ironhide have rigid hands (where MP Sideswipe managed a finger joint at the same size). It's generally a size thing though; I doubt we'll see any finger articulation on Masterpiece Frenzy & Rumble for example.
OptimusTimelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #155
Collection Count: More than some, but less than others
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
I can't wait for Gears either. Completes the season 1 minibots for me but I'll still wish and moan for an upsized Huffer after
This--^ Hopefully once iGear runs out of proper mini-bots to make they will circle back on Spray and Rager and up size them to be in scale with the rest of the line. I know it's essentially buying the same figures twice- and some may prefer their more diminutive size- but I especially want an upsized Rager. Spray is fine at his current scale (as he was never a favorite) but Rager is practically begging to be larger.
Stygian360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #156
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 150ish
Maybe they'll circle back and downscale the big ones, too.
rosewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #157
I'm still kinda hoping they'll tack Windcharger on at some point as he isn't on the to do list IIRC. Classics one is ok as a stand in but he'd get destroyed by a proper G1 style mini warrior.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #158
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Approx 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrime View Post
bcm, just wondering what the issue is with the other two for you... I'm all about G1 accuracy too, but given how many differences existed between the original toys, the cartoon models, and various G1 comic incarnations, I guess I'm willing to forgo a few details one way or the other.

But I'm all about a good G1 depiction, so I'm curious as to what you think. I took a quick look at the TFWiki for comparisons, and these all looked pretty good to me...
I think what's slightly throwing me off in how Beachcomber looks is the larger rear wheels make the shoulders look a bit bulky whereas the G1 toy had wheels that were all the same size.

It's not a major thing and once I've seen pics of the colored prototype I'll likely want to order it.

Outback needed a remolded chest panel to be suitably different to Brawn for me to justify buying.

iGear's budget apparently allows for 3 retools per mold but aside from the headsculpt & gun I can't what else was changed for Outback.
bcm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #159
is one nice fucking kitty
Collection Count: Just one sweet bubble machine and over two dozen kitties
I'm hoping that when/if they tackle Pipes, they'll upscale the model and then come back with a retooled Rager.

Also, It'd be nice if they include an attach that allows either Pipes or Huffer to pull MP-10's trailer.
SMK
Feedback
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showth...ghlight=smkspy

Michael Bay may not have raped my childhood, but I think he may have molested it.

smkspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #160
News Credits: 174
Updated:

My B/S/T thread. TFs, Gundam, Joes, Revoltech, SRCs, Spawn, StarWars, etc. PM me if interested. Thanks.*** Feedback thread and catch me on Facebook: daim.choc

daimchoc is offline   Reply With Quote