Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fansproject to re-release Explorer & Munitioner? (New Color Scheme)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #581
Hanlon's razor

Collection Count: Many
News Credits: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Was the asian release delayed? Maybe FP needs to wait until they get one in hand to match the colour?
It's been out for a few months. FP's just a little behind, as usual.

radicons : shapeways : photography : feedback
process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #582
G1 Collector
brr-icy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1200+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Quote:
It is more a matter of being an FP collector than the gun itself.
agreed, hope they do a cc add on like release

My Collection Pretenders and G1 Japan Want List
Commissions Review Blog
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #583
What the what?!?!

Collection Count: 545
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
I don't think it's exclusive to TFsource.
I was referring to the price. If you buy both from TFS, you get a discount ($119 each + free shipping). Haven't seen that on BBTS ($129 each PLUS shipping).
Everybody is crazy....it's only their level of sanity we need worry about.
axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #584
Wreck and/or Rule
Collection Count: approx. 300
Send a message via MSN to PyjamaPrime Send a message via Skype™ to PyjamaPrime
Quote:
It is more a matter of being an FP collector than the gun itself.
That, and being an articulation junkie. I may be ignorant of WST figures, but I'm sure they don't have enough articulation for me. They ARE just scaled down G1's, right?
GIMME MORE TOYS!!!

PyjamaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #585
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgs2099 View Post
They did say Quake is the FIRST of the extra goodies. A chest isn't out of the question. The old set owners would doodie though, so if it went that way, I'd imagine there would be a small upgrade set for sale.
Yea... if there's more than one item to the set... it'd be nice if they sold them separately for those that either don't want to or can't shell another 100 bucks on the whole set...

Same goes for those guns they made on the FP Deluxe Insecticons... Wasn't that interested in the redecos... but the added bits that easily make the Ninja Insecticons a lot more G1-friendly? Yea... wanted.

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #586
Wreck and/or Rule
Collection Count: approx. 300
Send a message via MSN to PyjamaPrime Send a message via Skype™ to PyjamaPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
Yea... if there's more than one item to the set... it'd be nice if they sold them separately for those that either don't want to or can't shell another 100 bucks on the whole set...

Same goes for those guns they made on the FP Deluxe Insecticons... Wasn't that interested in the redecos... but the added bits that easily make the Ninja Insecticons a lot more G1-friendly? Yea... wanted.
Now that you mention that, City Commander did do that, where the re-release had the new missiles and the gun, then the people who got CC first could buy JUST the upgrade. So hopefully FP will sell that stuff separately for the people who already have the set
GIMME MORE TOYS!!!

PyjamaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #587
Lost Light Stowaway
Collection Count: 150+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post

Yeah, I've watched some sales of just the bonus guns from that 3-pac. I'm not sure if I'll ever pull the trigger.

Muh Feedbacks TF Legends: edgs3099
edgs2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #588
Banned
Paarthurnax's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A few hundred
Why are they calling him Quake when there is an actual G1 character with the same name? Usually 3rd party companies don't use actual Hasbro/Takara names.

And why is everything related to Shockwave called Quake? There is an actual G1 character named Quake that transformed into a tank. WTF??? That's like calling everything related to Optimus Prime "Motormaster". It really makes no sense.
Paarthurnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #589
Predacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
Why are they calling him Quake when there is an actual G1 character with the same name? Usually 3rd party companies don't use actual Hasbro/Takara names.

And why is everything related to Shockwave called Quake? There is an actual G1 character named Quake that transformed into a tank. WTF??? That's like calling everything related to Optimus Prime "Motormaster". It really makes no sense.
Isn't the phrase shock wave associated with an earth quake? Thus quake wave. I guess.
Evenflow80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #590
Warring At Play
Polenicus's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via ICQ to Polenicus Send a message via MSN to Polenicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
Quake is a common term and therefore can't be exclusively copyrighted, so while Hasbro would nail them if they made a 3rd party Quake toy that looked like Quake and called him Quake, the intellectual property infringement is less glaring by giving that name to not-Shockwave, who was never called 'Quake' by HasTak. By the same token, they could make said 3P Quake toy and call it 'Shockwave'.

Still not legally SAFE by any stretch, but a little less overt poking of the tiger (Basically, if you make it look at ALL like you're making a sanctioned Hasbro product, they WILL come down on you. Stuff like this further identifies this as an unauthorized 3rd party custom)
Polenicus is offline   Reply With Quote