Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #5021
Stunticon
He looks great. I'm not stoked on the chest shield..but making a custom g1-ish chest shield will be no problem.
DavidLoPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #5022
Chromaticon
News Credits: 1
Gah, looking at the pics again Skydive is the worst in alt mode. That is NOT an F-16.
David Hingtgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #5023
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 8
Now that they've shown Not-Sky Dive and Not-Slingshot I can honestly say... Meh. Not a fan. Way too big and not nearly G1 enough for the cost.

Sky Dive was the decider for me as one of my favorite characters, but there's nothing really there IMO that captures him more than a generic jet. That the Slingshot and Gestalt pics look kinda lousy is just nail in the coffin.

Happy to be able to pass on this due to not liking it rather than cost alone.

-ZacWilliam, wonders if seeing Skydive in G1 colors might help it a little..., is wrong to hope not? I'm rather happy not to want him.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?
*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.
ZacWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #5024
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOBOT215 View Post
This is total bullshit! I am really thinking that most of you are trying to find something to discourage yourselves from buying it! Its fucked because this is being criticized too heavy IMO.

What about FANSPROJECT's retooling of the Insecticons? I thought that was unacceptable and they should've made completely different new Deluxe Insecticons
Nobody complained about the FP Insecticons because they actually look good.

People have problems with this, they're going to speak out. It's not bullshit. Stop taking criticism of a toy as a personal attack.

Some of the individual bots look good, but the combined mode is a chunky, kibbly mess. Exactly what Superion isn't supposed to be. His arms and legs are way too big for the torso, and he's not slim like he should be.
I'm selling things!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #5025
Omnibot
He's monstrously huge... I loved this set so much that it convinced me to buy Herc just so I could display these two duking it out. If Superion is this much bigger I'm scared the scene will look lopsided.

I hope the leg extenders are enough to equalize their sizes.
MisterGuyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #5026
'Til All Are Gone!
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiactoaLaco View Post
TRANSFORMERS ISN'T MADE FOR JOHNATOR, PLUS HIS NEEDS THAT EVRRYTHING LOOK LIKE HOW HE WANTS IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroobmaster View Post
Somebody has to be negative when Johnator shows some positivity.
Johnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #5027
Not a Bounty Hunter yes?
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcemeus View Post
Well I'm no NEICO but here's what I managed to whip up in photoshop really quick. XD[

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ead-uranos.png
a bit of color always goes down well

that chest plate really needs to go the more i look at it the more i hate it....i will still be buying this though once all have been released as the combined mode don't look half bad and the individual bots are looking way better than hercs ..just going to hope someone makes a new chest piece that looks more like superions or tfc see the light and burn it
deathsheadII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #5028
Combat Hero
JukeOutlander's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Decent amount.
News Credits: 8
Damn he's taller than Herc. Looks pretty cool.
JukeOutlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #5029
Sesquipedaliacon
The design decisions that TFC made with Hercules were, I suspect, far less contentious simply because so many different variations on Devastator exist - and hence, it was far easier for fans to reconcile TFC's work with their own mental image of the character. Treads up? Rage of Hercules set. Treads down? The gestalt mode is fully incorporated. Chest shield isn't wide enough? Throw in a couple of the group's handcannons. Chest shield off? It's All Hail Devastator. And so on.

Superion, by comparison, has been depicted far less often and with far less variation - so TFC's decisions in regard to Uranos appear, I believe, comparatively more radical. On top of this, there is an issue in regard to the original figures - their vehicle modes and transformation schemes only work as well as they do thanks to some major scaling changes and a very simple degree of articulation. That TFC have been able to come as far as they have is, I think, a testament to their designers.

So there's a positive note.

Also: 2013. MARS. BRING IT ON!
jop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #5030
Skeptic
Collection Count: 300ish
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jop View Post
The design decisions that TFC made with Hercules were, I suspect, far less contentious simply because so many different variations on Devastator exist - and hence, it was far easier for fans to reconcile TFC's work with their own mental image of the character. Treads up? Rage of Hercules set. Treads down? The gestalt mode is fully incorporated. Chest shield isn't wide enough? Throw in a couple of the group's handcannons. Chest shield off? It's All Hail Devastator. And so on.

Superion, by comparison, has been depicted far less often and with far less variation - so TFC's decisions in regard to Uranos appear, I believe, comparatively more radical. On top of this, there is an issue in regard to the original figures - their vehicle modes and transformation schemes only work as well as they do thanks to some major scaling changes and a very simple degree of articulation. That TFC have been able to come as far as they have is, I think, a testament to their designers.

So there's a positive note.

Also: 2013. MARS. BRING IT ON!
Well said.
Feedback
[/CENTER]
Billzilla is offline   Reply With Quote