Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

ToyWorld Hegemon Final product

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #1611
Evil Dealer Scum
Collection Count: 2200
News Credits: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Not exactly. Classics Prime is way short compared to Hegemon, who towers over Optimus.

Hegemon is meant to go with ToyWorld's upcoming IDW Optimus Prime (TW-02). TW deliberately made Hegemon the height he is so he'd go together as a set with an Optimus of TW's own design/making.

Diabolical, from a salesmanship perspective. XD

Classics Prime can still work, if both figures are both posed the right way (in battle stances) to hide Prime's shrimpiness though.
Classics Prime is about a head shorter than Hegemon, and that is intentional. For years now, Megatron has been depicted as being physically larger and more powerful than Prime, with very few exceptions. Hegemon compared to Classics Prime is right in the ballpark for where he should be, following that trend. And as hXcpunk23 pointed out, Hegemon is the same height as Classics Megatron, just beefier.

And while yes, he's meant to be a "perfect" match again the upcoming Toyworld Prime, no doubt, that doesn't mean he's not specifically intended to stand against Classics Prime as well. He's meant to, and does, both very well.
Join us on Facebook or Twitter!
Now with FREE US/Discounted Foreign Shipping on all orders $150 and up!

Sidecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #1612
Vehicon
banjoted's Ebay Auctions
Right, finally finished touching mine up. Doing the face was fiddly as feck and had to take out the nail varnish remover and cotton buds to tidy it up a litt,e but I'm reasonably happy now.

Also did the abdomen tweaks detailed earlier in the thread.

The only thing I may still do is take a spot of super glue to the somewhat floppy right elbow joint for better cannon posing:

banjoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1613
Prepare for termination!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
Classics Prime is about a head shorter than Hegemon, and that is intentional. For years now, Megatron has been depicted as being physically larger and more powerful than Prime, with very few exceptions. Hegemon compared to Classics Prime is right in the ballpark for where he should be, following that trend. And as hXcpunk23 pointed out, Hegemon is the same height as Classics Megatron, just beefier.

And while yes, he's meant to be a "perfect" match again the upcoming Toyworld Prime, no doubt, that doesn't mean he's not specifically intended to stand against Classics Prime as well. He's meant to, and does, both very well.
As you pointed out, Hegemon's beefiness (coupled with his height) makes him look out of place next to Classics Prime. I have both figures and they look odd together, with Megs not just towering but hulking over Prime (I'm of the mindset that the two should be more or less equal in stature).

I'm sure TW made design decisions (Hegemon is more "geewun" than Classics Megs/Prime) keeping in mind that Classics Prime is one that many fans will have (but were dissatisfied with Classics Megs), but they also kept it open so that TW could bring in their own version of Prime.

Kind of a cross-sell, as it were. Not so different from what iGear did with PP05 van bros., whose height/beefiness can sit comfortably with either Classics (led by PP01 Faith Leader) or the new MP line (led by MP-10 Convoy/new Hasbro MP OP). Appeal to both sides means more sales/profit for TW (and iGear).
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #1614
The Chaos Bringer
hXcpunk23's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: TONS (from G1 up to Prime)
Send a message via Skype™ to hXcpunk23
I think my Hegemon looks pretty well scaled against my WIP customs......Classics Prime & Galvatron.

My Galvatron WIP is a hair shorter, but more defined (& powerful, thanks to Unicron). haha! My Classics Prime may have ball jointed feet added, which would make him a bit taller also. The chest, I may or may not work on. I had planned to scratchbuild an opening chest to reveal the Matrix, just haven't had the time or patience to give it a go.

EDIT: The colors on Prime & Galvatron aren't final. They are both still in various WIP phases, hence the half painted colors (test colors) & different colored head on Galvatron, as opposed to his body). Just wanted to share these up with height/build comparisons to Hegemon.
Attached Thumbnails
ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142617-1.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142633-1.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142657.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142759.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142818-1.jpg  

ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142830-1.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_142959-1.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_143058.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_143203-1.jpg   ToyWorld Hegemon Final product-img_20120906_143337-1.jpg  

hXcpunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #1615
Vehicon
banjoted's Ebay Auctions
Loving your work.
banjoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #1616
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
awesome Galvy
My feedback * My sales thread * My wants
jbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #1617
Excitement! My Style!!!
Collection Count: Most of the ones I want
News Credits: 8
Damn, an official Galvy that looks like that has just become my most wanted figure. Great work.
Soundwave2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #1618
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 478
Forget Toyworld Prime, I want them to do a Galvatron that looks like that^ I know Hegemon wasn't meant to be posed with him but he's just a hair bit taller than FE Optimus Prime.
Transmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #1619
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: couple of each line
News Credits: 11
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #1620
Dinobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmetal View Post
Forget Toyworld Prime, I want them to do a Galvatron that looks like that^ I know Hegemon wasn't meant to be posed with him but he's just a hair bit taller than FE Optimus Prime.
Me too. I'd really like a proper 3rd party Galvatron. Not expecting much from the announced Xtransbots one...
cylor is offline   Reply With Quote