Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Best energon cubes

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Best energon cubes

So I managed to score all 3 FP Insecticons finally and I want some good energon cubes for them to stockpile. I've seen a few types out there but which are the best? The light up ones? The 12 packs? I'm eyeballing the 12 pack by "atomic lazer" on BBTS but the preorder is already sold out. Any help would be much appreciated guys, thanks!
Daimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Procrastinator
I feel that the light-up cubes are the best, and "scale" well to Deluxes and other 1:32 figures. I *think* Impossible or Justitoys made 'em, but not sure. They do have flaws, and require some epoxy, but they look great. Price wasn't horrible, either.

But, if you're looking for others to go with the original Insecticons (which are more like Basic to "Scout" [feh...] sized), then those are 3 - 4 times the size of the soft cubes included with the reissue bugs....I don't know. If you've got any kind of plastics store near you, you could make some from acrylic cubes real easily, quickly, and cheaply. Or, if you really like the HasTak freebie cubes, you could probably cut some semi-transparent pink PVC (available at same stores) up with a hobby knife in a couple of minutes.

Now I'm not sure I'm helping...

Last edited by Sol Fury; 04-06-2012 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: A little uncalled for...
haventgrownup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Mr. Combaticon
Collection Count: managed to pass 200. but who cares? I have FP Colossus!
News Credits: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Onslaught24
as for the topic at hand, i can't remember who has glowing energon cubes but all i know is that Ryoku has a variety of printable energon cubes of all different colors and designs for different preferences. i believe a few people have some in their pictures in the collection forum. and congrats on the FP insecticon score

If you're selling SDCC exclusives, HELP US OUT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFH View Post
turn off?

Last edited by Sol Fury; 04-06-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Onslaught24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
I've chosen to go with a variety. I have the atomic lazer ones, the light up ones, the old unicron.com ones and like them all. I've augmented those with some container store plastic cases about an inch wide, but 1.5cm tall or so - have them in clear and purple to represent empty and full. I've also seen a thread in radicons regarding using the blocks from "don't break the ice" and a can of pink fluorescent spraypaint that produced a nice result - have the parts, but haven't actually painted them yet. I also have some custom BW crystal formations, but that might be beyond the scope of this post.

Favorite is probably the atomic laser as far as appearance, but they're too small
[SIZE="1"]Beast Wars Accessories from Shapeways!! Dinobot's sword, Rampage's Spark holder and more! Shapeways Store and Radicons Thread w/ pics
supervir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
Mr. Combaticon
Collection Count: managed to pass 200. but who cares? I have FP Colossus!
News Credits: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Onslaught24
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervir2 View Post
I've chosen to go with a variety. I have the atomic lazer ones, the light up ones, the old unicron.com ones and like them all. I've augmented those with some container store plastic cases about an inch wide, but 1.5cm tall or so - have them in clear and purple to represent empty and full. I've also seen a thread in radicons regarding using the blocks from "don't break the ice" and a can of pink fluorescent spraypaint that produced a nice result - have the parts, but haven't actually painted them yet. I also have some custom BW crystal formations, but that might be beyond the scope of this post.

Favorite is probably the atomic laser as far as appearance, but they're too small
i was thinking of that "don't break the ice" idea right before i read your post. i will definitely have to try that.

If you're selling SDCC exclusives, HELP US OUT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFH View Post
turn off?
Onslaught24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Choke on that, causality!
Collection Count: More than I have room for.
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Maverick Hunter Christian
[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

I don't have any of these personally, but I've seen a few members purchase the smallest box size available there and use them as energon cubes in some pics in the toy forum. They look great.

Sales Thread .:. 2005 Feedback .:. Backloggery .:. Halo 3 Service Record
Internet Personality Vangelus superfan.
Maverick Hunter Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
Seeker (I look for stuff)

Collection Count: Eleventy-billion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Hunter Christian View Post
The Container Store > Purple Amac Boxes

I don't have any of these personally, but I've seen a few members purchase the smallest box size available there and use them as energon cubes in some pics in the toy forum. They look great.
Yup...that's what I did...They fill the gap for me nicely, and they're affordable.

Sales Feedback Collection
ServO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
The WORDSMITH
Collection Count: About 300 or so :D
News Credits: 6
sname they're not actual cubes. also, who is that? ^
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #9
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
The body belongs to DotM Twin Twist, but the paint job is custom, and unless I miss my guess, that's a RotF Rollout head on there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
Autobot
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
as for the topic at hand, i can't remember who has glowing energon cubes but all i know is that Ryoku has a variety of printable energon cubes of all different colors and designs for different preferences. i believe a few people have some in their pictures in the collection forum. and congrats on the FP insecticon score
Haha, someone beat me to it.

Yeah, in my sign is a link to free paper energon cubes I made. Just print them out, fold them, and add a little glue. As many cubes as you want.

I haven't seen any pictures of people using them besides me. If anyone uses them, I would love to see pics.
Burnout V4 - Free papercraft energon cubes made by me

Plan D Avalon- playing games and being dumb - Ode to my sister-in-law
Rexidus is offline   Reply With Quote