Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The IGear Seeker Appreciation Thread!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
Photographs the toys.
Kuma Style's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I don't know. Leave me alone.
News Credits: 8
Nice guys. I'm actually really hyped to order these tomorrow now.

Would you guys suggest:

- Starscream, TCracker, Sunstorm all at once

or

- Starscream, TCracker, and then preordering Skywarp

I eventually want all 4 regardless, but I'm wondering if I should get the immediate fulfillment with the three in stock right now, and order Skywarp later, or do two, secure Skywarp, and get Sunstorm later. Just don't want to spend more than $300.

Also, why do NO American retailers carry these?
Kuma Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Duckett View Post
Hey thanks guys, and I honestly read through every word of that AE.

Honestly, I think my biggest gripe will be the lack of instructions, since I have NO idea how to transform these and have never even touched a MP seaker... is this something I can find online?
I had to use a YT vid to transform Thundercracker as it has been literally years since I transformed my Takara Skywarp and the box is somewhere in storage.

With a lick of paint and a few 'con symbols they look just as good as the real thing too:

Do it!! You won't regret it!

Quote:

Would you guys suggest:

or

I eventually want all 4 regardless, but I'm wondering if I should get the immediate fulfillment with the three in stock right now, and order Skywarp later, or do two, secure Skywarp, and get Sunstorm later. Just don't want to spend more than $300.
I'd personally go for the 3 that are in stock right now for the immediate hit, I would imagine Skywarp will be around for a while due to the cheapness of the real deal and most who wanted him already having him.

EDIT - I did get two left hands with 'cracker tho, seems a pretty rare occurance tbh and the seller was really good getting the correct part sent out for me.
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #13
the original thirteen
Collection Count: a s#it load
Quote:

Would you guys suggest:

or

Also, why do NO American retailers carry these?
this^^^...sunstorm is AWESOME.my fav seeker and is orange(way better than yellow)..t.crackers color is sweet and looks like the cartoon.. and whats the point of having seekers if u dont have the main man to kick it off with..
kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #14
Technobot
Collection Count: 376
I'd also go for what's current in stock and most especially Sunstorm.

Sunstorm's been out for a while now (so lower stock) and those collectors who wanted a MP sunstorm but were hoping for an official one, might now reconsider since MP-11 Sunstorm is going to be at least twice the price of the iGear version.
Max Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #15
Photographs the toys.
Kuma Style's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I don't know. Leave me alone.
News Credits: 8
Thanks guys. I just wish there was an american retailer who was selling these, because fuck me if I feel like having them shipped separately and taking two weeks a piece.
Kuma Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 AM   #16
MightyMegatron from ATT
Collection Count: 418
News Credits: 10
I hope the coneheads will be re-released at a lower price at some point in the future so I can get them.
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #17
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: 40 classics style
News Credits: 5
Quote:
PRetty much what the title says. My interests are phasing out of classics, and more towards Masterpieces, so it's time for me to go ahead and get the Seekers.

The colors of the IGear Seekers really impress me over Hasbro's, and at 100 each shipped, the price kicks the shit out of Has/Tak too.

For those of you who own them though, what do you think? Any Q.C. issues I should look out for, or anything?
this is actually exactly where i am at the moment. im finding the odd classics is being sold from my collection as i gear more towards masterpiece. especially now i know any characters on the cards. not just leaders.

the igear coneheads are amazing, very well made and indistinguishable from a normal masterpiece. the 3 main seekers id imagine to be the same. i was going to by mp11 but ive decided to get the igear seekers instead. i really prefer the feet area on them compared to mp11.

SELLING IGEAR MP CONEHEADS, EBAY PAGE LINKS IN BELOW LINK

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post11315252
DJCHARTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #18
G1 Fan
Collection Count: 40 or so...
TJ, there are TWO options for ordering these in the USA.

ONE, I can get you a set.

RE: Starscream, TCracker, Sunstorm. It will be $310 shipped for all three. (USA Address only).

I tried to send you a PM but it didn't work. I think it's my phone.

If you need here's my email:

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

I do have a feedback link in my signature below. (I also think we have traded before in the past, but not 100% on that).

Another option is VNC toys. They carry the iGear seekers.

If you want to order it from a store in the USA, here is a place I found that has them in stock:

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

They have them all in stock for $110 each plus $25 shipping ($135 each shipped, $405 for the set of three).
ae_productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #19
Skeptic
Collection Count: 300ish
News Credits: 6
Quote:
PRetty much what the title says. My interests are phasing out of classics, and more towards Masterpieces, so it's time for me to go ahead and get the Seekers.

The colors of the IGear Seekers really impress me over Hasbro's, and at 100 each shipped, the price kicks the shit out of Has/Tak too.

For those of you who own them though, what do you think? Any Q.C. issues I should look out for, or anything?
I've got TC, Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. Not a single QC issue among them. They're in better shape than my Hasbro ones, actually. I bought TC from the gentleman directly above me and can vouch for his excellence as a seller, too. One thing that is really weird about them is they don't have any kind of blackwash or anything unlike the hastak seekers, which makes their details vanish. It makes them look a little cheaper. I've been toying with adding it myself but it does look more anime without the detailing. I'm interested to know what you think. The plastic quality also might be a bit cheaper. It definitely feels "different." Not hollow or shitty, but definitely not the same. Also interested to know how you feel about Sunstorm. I'm having a hard time not buying him, but I've already got so much shelf space devoted to that mold.

Anyway, I think you'll be happy with the change of focus. Though I still loves me some classicsverse, Masterpiece has been my focus for some time. I get quite a bit more satisfaction out of them.
Feedback
[/CENTER]
Billzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
I give up.
Collection Count: 573.
News Credits: 32
Side panels, by the air intakes, aren't quite flush with the fuselage on any my coneheads.

Other than that, they're probably within stirking distance of the real thing, but i sometimes wonder if they feel just a tiny bit more 'cheap'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVprowl View Post
im looking at those igear seekers real hard. i'll wait to see if the price can drop anymore though. im not in a hurry. hpefully has/taks activity in the mp seeker arena will push igears prices lower.

all reports ive heard have basically been very good.
With Mp11 running $140+, i'm less than convinced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archieboy View Post
You guys make the people at /toy/ seem sane.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote