Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Headrobots Drone

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
Huh?
Collection Count: Less than before, but better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Six? holy cow, who are they?
They're all fan characters. Tomahawk's spark split into 6 pieces, those 6 created a 7th spark. Once I get the kits and the figs painted, I'll post a thread in Radicons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanB View Post
The fail is strong in this one
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
The WORDSMITH
Collection Count: About 300 or so :D
News Credits: 6
fun =]
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #23
Insecticon
News Credits: 2
They do realize Tomahawk is the wrong color for Whirl?

And Trailbreaker? Seriously I'm pretty confident he is going to get a toy in the next CHUG line Hasbro has planned. He is the only deluxe car left from the 84 line.
PredaconElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
The WORDSMITH
Tomahawk might be-but Vortex?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #25
head-on!!
Collection Count: cobras + hothead + blood
News Credits: 11
hi all, the pictures of drone from twitter are testshots straight from the mold so the product is coming. however, once molding is done we are really critical of fit and finish so mods are being done for higher fidelity, we try not to flood online with numerous project updates. when stuff is ready it is announced on the website and then opened for pre-orders...we won't take any pre orders until everything is ready.

not mentioned yet are the two guns are going to be black chrome plated.

"big road" is a one-off custom piece done as a learning piece. if it ever comes out a lot of it would be changed and re-done.
more project information here:

www.headrobots.com
headrobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #26
Break the line
Collection Count: ~120
News Credits: 21
thanks for the info!

i'm still a big fan of the way the gyro kit came out.

[youtube] | [feedback] | [cy.ca feedback] | [flickr] | [twitter] | [MMC-Hub]
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #27
Where was Sol Fury?
Sol Fury was here!

News Credits: 35
Send a message via AIM to ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by headrobots View Post
hi all, the pictures of drone from twitter are testshots straight from the mold so the product is coming. however, once molding is done we are really critical of fit and finish so mods are being done for higher fidelity, we try not to flood online with numerous project updates. when stuff is ready it is announced on the website and then opened for pre-orders...we won't take any pre orders until everything is ready.

not mentioned yet are the two guns are going to be black chrome plated.

"big road" is a one-off custom piece done as a learning piece. if it ever comes out a lot of it would be changed and re-done.
Thanks for checking in.

So... Drone is the next release right?
Listen to me weekdays on KTEG 10am-3pm MST HERE.

ORIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #28
The WORDSMITH
THANK YOU for the information, was really cool of you to check in and keep us updated.

Though i know you said you don't flood the internet with updates, but I'm unfamiliar with your policies-when DO you give updates? Like, will the next we hear about Drone be "up for pre-order tomorrow" or is there an earlier warning, with stuff like "ok, we finished this major thing" "this major thing is done now" and whatnot. First purchase from you guys, though I may be going back and nabbing some stuff if possible
Old 02-21-2012, 01:41 AM   #29
head-on!!
Collection Count: cobras + hothead + blood
News Credits: 11
yeah, no worries. it's really hard to get to all online replies and inquiries. we have such a huge back-burner of stuff and new projects it would waste a lot of time giving people personal replies all the time.

kind of a weird response but stuff will come out when its up to our standards

normally the next update IS "drone up for pre-order now". hahahaha. we don't do too much publicity and just depend on word of mouth and reviews. if you are crazy enough to track our previous news releases its normally announcing a proto we want to tool, next update is testshots, and finally the release. we may re-think it with more frequent udpates. it's what our facebook and twitter are supposed to be for.

-HR signing out
more project information here:

www.headrobots.com
headrobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #30
Skeptic
Collection Count: 300ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaconElder View Post
They do realize Tomahawk is the wrong color for Whirl?

And Trailbreaker? Seriously I'm pretty confident he is going to get a toy in the next CHUG line Hasbro has planned. He is the only deluxe car left from the 84 line.
If Trailbreaker is a deluxe he will almost certainly be out of scale, just as Ratchet, Ironhide and Perceptor are. A deluxe SUV is about 1/45, cars are about 1/32. Trailbreaker needs to be a voyager. If a third party is willing to give me a voyager here where Hasbro is giving me a deluxe, I will pay the premium, thus: there is a market for such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrobots View Post
yeah, no worries. it's really hard to get to all online replies and inquiries. we have such a huge back-burner of stuff and new projects it would waste a lot of time giving people personal replies all the time.

kind of a weird response but stuff will come out when its up to our standards

normally the next update IS "drone up for pre-order now". hahahaha. we don't do too much publicity and just depend on word of mouth and reviews. if you are crazy enough to track our previous news releases its normally announcing a proto we want to tool, next update is testshots, and finally the release. we may re-think it with more frequent udpates. it's what our facebook and twitter are supposed to be for.

-HR signing out
Thanks for dropping in! Very much looking forward to both this and Blood DX. Hope to see them available soon!
Feedback
[/CENTER]
Billzilla is offline   Reply With Quote