Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

KO Battle Tanker in the works

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #21
Banned
Transbot90210's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,864
Location: Canada
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venksta View Post
This has been in works since the KO Insecticon rumors started. Same people are KOing these.
I'm going to let the cat out of the bag because this is getting out of control. Not only is this company knocking off 3rd party items but they are making a huge habit out of it. Not only is this company working on its 4th 3rd party knock off but there are people who paid a lot of money for original figures this company is putting out and they keep delaying that product with no explainations. I think it is a total load of crock when a ton of people have paid $120 for one and $240 for two figures LOOOONG ago that keep getting pushed back with little to no reasons given.

Well I have a reason, this company cares more about knocking off other 3rd party groups high selling items vs finishing off their own high priced figures. Must be nice sitting on peoples money with no intention of finishing their products any time soon.

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hey KO company, instead of stealing from FP and MT why not finish off your minibots????!!!???

What happened to honour amongst thieves?
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
Tin Toy Transformer
Fishdirt's Avatar
Fishdirt's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,602
Location: Lappland, Sweden
Collection Count: More then Casual less then a hoarder
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
I'm going to let the cat out of the bag because this is getting out of control. Not only is this company knocking off 3rd party items but they are making a huge habit out of it. Not only is this company working on its 4th 3rd party knock off but there are people who paid a lot of money for original figures this company is putting out and they keep delayign that product.

I think it is a total load of crock when a ton of people have paind $120 for one and $240 for two figures LOOOONG ago that keep getting pushed back with little to no reasons given.

Well I have a reason, this company cares more about knocking off other 3rd party groups high selling items vs finishing off their own high priced figures.

THis just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hey KO company, instead of stealing from FP and MT why not finish off yoru minibots????!!!???
What Cat? Are you instantiating it's igear? Really really doubt that. The PE reflector is an example. The distribution is seperate not to mention Igear is a sales front and not a manufacturer (PP is Project PARTNERS) IOW there are different individuals or groups behind each different Igear release.


I don't feel sorry for people who paid for the original KOs because I know a KO will come of the the KO for the quarter of the price or less. I know a rip off when I see a rip off and refuse to pay for it.
A new campaign will begin...
Fishdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
Herald of Unicron
nellie131's Avatar
nellie131's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,410
Location: nottingham, UK
Collection Count: too many
News Credits: 1
Gotta be shittin me. As useful as a price drop maybe from a customisers point of view it's not good for the people that put the hard work in at Maketoy to design these.

nellie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
Banned
Transbot90210's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,864
Location: Canada
News Credits: 7
@Fishdirt. When you spend enough time on these boards you learn who's who and who knows what. Spend more time and you actually get to talk to the people REALLY in the know and if you are lucky enough they will put you in the loop. Thats all I will say about that.

My issue with ripping off other 3rd party groups is a simple one. You knock off Hasbro, ya it sucks but truth is, who cares. We the collectors make up 10% and KO's only effect 10% of their sales group. Of that 10% I would be surprised if more than 10% buy KOs so KO's only effect about 1% of Hasbro's total potential sales.

But Hasbro's 10% of collectors make up 100% of 3rd party consumers. These 3rd party groups need the sales of one item to succeed in order to move on to the next. KOing these items in turn can kill future releases. As in, worst case scenerio, if you KO enough 3rd party items then you can kill a 3rd party group (which it sounds like the unnamed groups is trying to do)

Funny, there are more popular items than FP and MT items....looking at you TFC Hercules. Yet they are KOing FP and MT which we all know are affiliates of one another.


So, when you jump on to these KO's of 3rd party items remember every KO purchase you make can and will kill future products like FP's upcoming Menasor and MT's The Fallen.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
Lebanon don
deaculpa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,673
Location: local
Collection Count: almost enough.
News Credits: 3
These guys waste no time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentcastle View Post
G1>all else... anything>bayformers<everything
deaculpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Tin Toy Transformer
Fishdirt's Avatar
Fishdirt's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,602
Location: Lappland, Sweden
Collection Count: More then Casual less then a hoarder
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
@Fishdirt. When you spend enough time on these boards you learn who's who and who knows what. Spend more time and you actually get to talk to the people REALLY in the know and if you are lucky enough they will put you in the loop. Thats all I will say about that.

My issue with ripping off other 3rd party groups is a simple one. You knock off Hasbro, ya it sucks but truth is, who cares. We the collectors make up 10% and KO's only effect 10% of their sales group. Of that 10% I would be surprised if more than 10% buy KOs so KO's only effect about 1% of Hasbro's total potential sales.

But Hasbro's 10% of collectors make up 100% of 3rd party consumers. These 3rd party groups need the sales of one item to succeed in order to move on to the next. KOing these items in turn can kill future releases. As in, worst case scenerio, if you KO enough 3rd party items then you can kill a 3rd party group (which it sounds like the unnamed groups is trying to do)

Funny, there are more popular items than FP and MT items....looking at you TFC Hercules. Yet they are KOing FP and MT which we all know are affiliates of one another.


So, when you jump on to these KO's of 3rd party items remember every KO purchase you make can and will kill future products like FP's upcoming Menasor and MT's The Fallen.
Have to respectfully disagree with everything you said.

It's the pot calling the kettle black. As far as insiders...when an insider says that a company took a design Hasbro made and created a KO 3 years ago when hasbro admittedly says the project didn't begin until a little under two years ago exscuse me if I'm a bit skeptical.

NOW onto who is doing these...you never let a cat out of a bag. You didn't give anything away, this where I don't get your intial post.

Finally did it ever cross your mind that the reason these things are being made so quick is that the molds and rights to make the KOs were sold off to recoup costs? NONE of these third parties have stepped forward to piss and moan about having KOs of their IP KOs for a reason...it'd make them look bad that they sold of the reproduction schematics. Following the line of reason.

Bottom line everything is conjecture and getting upset about things no one here knows anything solidly about just comes across as silly.
A new campaign will begin...
Fishdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
Banned
Transbot90210's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,864
Location: Canada
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaculpa View Post
These guys waste no time....
Tell me about it. I wonder if they will give FT enough time to put out MP Soundwave before they knock it off. lol
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #28
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
@Fishdirt. When you spend enough time on these boards you learn who's who and who knows what. Spend more time and you actually get to talk to the people REALLY in the know and if you are lucky enough they will put you in the loop. Thats all I will say about that.

My issue with ripping off other 3rd party groups is a simple one. You knock off Hasbro, ya it sucks but truth is, who cares. We the collectors make up 10% and KO's only effect 10% of their sales group. Of that 10% I would be surprised if more than 10% buy KOs so KO's only effect about 1% of Hasbro's total potential sales.

But Hasbro's 10% of collectors make up 100% of 3rd party consumers. These 3rd party groups need the sales of one item to succeed in order to move on to the next. KOing these items in turn can kill future releases. As in, worst case scenerio, if you KO enough 3rd party items then you can kill a 3rd party group (which it sounds like the unnamed groups is trying to do)

Funny, there are more popular items than FP and MT items....looking at you TFC Hercules. Yet they are KOing FP and MT which we all know are affiliates of one another.


So, when you jump on to these KO's of 3rd party items remember every KO purchase you make can and will kill future products like FP's upcoming Menasor and MT's The Fallen.
cheapdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,384
News Credits: 66
I wish they could KO something that's hard to get, like the Aerial Apendage team set. Battle Tanker is easy to buy.
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
Banned
Transbot90210's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 14,864
Location: Canada
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdirt View Post
Have to respectfully disagree with everything you said.


Finally did it ever cross your mind that the reason these things are being made so quick is that the molds and rights to make the KOs were sold off to recoup costs? NONE of these third parties have stepped forward to piss and moan about having KOs of their IP KOs for a reason...it'd make them look bad that they sold of the reproduction schematics. Following the line of reason.

Bottom line everything is conjecture and getting upset about things no one here knows anything solidly about just comes across as silly.
No I did not name the group but if you don't know who is putting out MINIBOTS and has delayed their $120 figures froma long while now, then it isn;t important who they are anyway.

In regards to your point. Possible, highly unlikely considering the same group that knocked off the Insecticons also started a vicious rumour that Fansproject went under and that they are selling remainign stock.


Why would FP sell this KO group the moulds to their Insecticons and then have said company start a rumour that FP is dead and that these are not KOs but the real deal. You explain that to me and I will believe everythign you suggested.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store