Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

KO Battle Tanker in the works

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #101
Emerald Green
exomega255's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Around 1000
News Credits: 21
rofl... umm.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I got the dragonzord when I was younger too, but I got a KO version (a good QC KO) that didn't have the electrics but have chrome on the lights instead xD

Sorry, it was too funny and amusing since we are in a KO topics talking about this and you brought it up...

I think without the electronics is a plus for me.
Feedback/My Sales
exomega255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #102
Tin Toy Transformer
Fishdirt's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More then Casual less then a hoarder
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmte586 View Post
I didn't use the term price gouging. In marketing, it's all about setting acceptable margins. If consumers aren't willing to purchase goods at one's acceptable margin, then it's time to either lower the acceptable margin, gain cost efficiencies in order to preserve the acceptable margin at a lower price, or get out of the business.

If I compare FP pricing with MT and TFC pricing, I would say that FP has lower margins.
Logic would say yes. Oddly the complete opposite works. I have to know proper marketing and not speculative marketing for what I do. It was a great tip gleemed to me from a musician.

When his band sold cds for 5.99 they would barely sell. They decided to mark them up to full price, 12.99 and they sold out. It's consumer psychology. Like I said, goes against logic but it works.
A new campaign will begin...
Fishdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #103
Combaticon
Collection Count: 2^7
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm-01 View Post
You sure about those numbers there? I think the FP insecticons would have higher margins.

I also find a bit strange that the Warbot Defender second run is that expensive.
Manufacturing costs are directly proportional to # of parts (# of molds, assembly hours), size (# of molds, raw material amount), paint apps, etc. IMO, FP insecticons are more complex in design compared to a MT constructicon.

There are other factors to consider though:
- Currency fluctuations (Yen/USD has been sucking)
- Negotiation skills (these 3rd parties are outsourcing with job shops)
- Distributor margins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
But unless you have some inside info, you really don't know what their margins are. Your post is pure speculation. They may already be using the lowest margins with the most efficient manufacturing process.
Of course I don't know their margins. That's a highly guarded secret. But my guess is an educated one and I don't subscribe to the thinking that 3rd parties are running on razor thin margins (<= 10%) or using the most efficient manufacturing processes (efficiencies are discovered over time and never reach the ideal state).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdirt View Post
Logic would say yes. Oddly the complete opposite works. I have to know proper marketing and not speculative marketing for what I do. It was a great tip gleemed to me from a musician.

When his band sold cds for 5.99 they would barely sell. They decided to mark them up to full price, 12.99 and they sold out. It's consumer psychology. Like I said, goes against logic but it works.
$5.99 is the price for the clearance bin, stuff that is considered not good ... until a 3rd party upgrade comes along. :-)
Feedback Thread
For Sale: Ehobby Autobot Set, ROTF Buster Jetfire
Wants: Soul of Chogokin, RID Rapid Run, G1 Top Spin.
mtmte586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #104
Omnibot
maybe this will make 3rd party company get those prices down!!!!if you look at it they are all stealing from the transfomers line!!!!! so what ever if one steals from the other one whoo cares becuse!!!
dougc73dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #105
Combaticon
Collection Count: 2^7
News Credits: 1
Quote:
I didn't use the term price gouging. In marketing, it's all about setting acceptable margins. If consumers aren't willing to purchase goods at one's acceptable margin, then it's time to either lower the acceptable margin, gain cost efficiencies in order to preserve the acceptable margin at a lower price, or get out of the business.
With the BBTS sale, MT Battle Tanker is now priced right. Unit count is down to the 70's now.
Feedback Thread
For Sale: Ehobby Autobot Set, ROTF Buster Jetfire
Wants: Soul of Chogokin, RID Rapid Run, G1 Top Spin.
mtmte586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #106
Autobot
Collection Count: 55
Quote:
With the BBTS sale, MT Battle Tanker is now priced right. Unit count is down to the 70's now.
I Agree, just from one from them.
My Feedback

Stuff for Sale and Want
matas420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #107
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Just learned about this today... figured it'd be worth BUMP'ing this as a warning.

Chimungmung has the KO Tanker listed for 45$ at the moment, and apparently ships sometime this month. So you may want to be very careful about grabbing Tankers off eBay or similar sites.

I'd say get the Tanker from BBTS as it was on sale for 70$... but they're sold out and not even showing on their webpage anymore!

From the looks of this small picture... the KO Tanker sports a similar color sheme.
Attached Thumbnails
KO Battle Tanker in the works-535436_262241360529466_109083992511871_619746_160623801_n.jpg  

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #108
Collection Count: More than I can easily count
News Credits: 5
I wish it had blue hands as it would hide the original hands much better then.
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
– Benjamin Franklin
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #109
Autobot
RK has just posted on their FB with comparison pics of the real one and KO.
KO Battle Tanker Review and Comparison | Facebook
-ynwa-
maxirod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #110
Emerald Green
exomega255's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Around 1000
News Credits: 21
wow that head.... that... head.... good thing each official battle tanker comes with 2 heads doesn't it.
Feedback/My Sales
exomega255 is offline   Reply With Quote