Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

iGear PP05W and PP05M (Ironhide & Ratchet) revealed in full!!!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #121
Sparkabot
Sizzle's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,577
Location: China
Collection Count: 400 +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMeister19 View Post
This is a definite buy for me, since it's confirmed they get both heads. I really prefer the more Classic looking face over the IDW head. And I really hope that no-one that is hating on the size of these figures has Grapple or Inferno in their Classic collection.
Seriously? You're suggesting that having Grapple and Inferno in your collection is a serious reason you shouldn't object to having Ironhide and Ratchet?? Have you ever even seen a Vanette before? Grapple and Inferno are industrial grade trucks, both of whom are SUPPOSED to be a hell of a lot bigger than your average personal vehicle. They SHOULD tower over other TFs. The Vanette is a small car (and frankly it's ridiculous as an ambulance.) It shouldn't be towering over everyone else, least of all over Optimus (yeah, yeah, I know, get Faith Leader.) So to argue that just because you have Grapple and Inferno in your collection that you can't say anything about Ironhide or Ratchet's scale is beyond ridiculous.

Frankly, I never understood why they wanted to use the Nissan Vanette to embody two grizzled old war vets. They were pretty much bullshit to drive, and the one I had would break down all the time if I consistently drove it over 50 mph.

Look, I'm not a KO or 3rd party basher, because God knows I've got plenty of both in my collection. (Hell, I even have a KO of a 3rd party product. Doesn't that open up some sort of black hole in the collecting universe??) If you want it, GREAT. I would encourage each of you to examine it more closely, though, because as excited as these shills that post here may be, they have a financial interest in you buying these items and they are not going to tell you of any flaws. Remember, if they were totally honest people, they wouldn't be in the business of ripping off IP and knocking off the engineering of other companies. Do your due diligence before buying these or any other 3rd party products. The point has been made that it is patently ridiculous to go all apeshit and start declaring "OMG BEST TOYZ EVAR" when all we've seen is a blurry, heavily-photoshopped pic.

And can we please just stop with all the rationalization of why everything is all hunky-dory, the whole "Hasbro won't give me what I want, so I have to buy this", and the whole "it's not REALLY a KO" thing?? You want it, so you're buying it, and fuck anyone who tells you otherwise. Is that really too much to own up to? It's time to stop pretending that iGear isn't a KO company. It's time to stop acting like they're not stealing intellectual property. If that doesn't bother you, GREAT. I own plenty of KOs myself, and I'm not ashamed to tell you that I don't give a shit. The way people are coming up with rationalizations to defend iGear is getting pretty hilarious, to be quite honest. You like their products, fine, buy it. No need to philosophize about it.
Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #122
SIXTRAIN! GATTAI!
[Wing_Saber-X]'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14,915
Location: Cybertron
Collection Count: I've lost count!! @_@
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej View Post
Ha, if this was a Hasbro release you'd be all over it. When the worst thing you can say about them is that the picture is Photoshopped (way less than all those "official" photos that Hasbro put out) then you really are reaching.

You really are quite pathetic.
^Dude, whatever. Pathetic or not I wont budge in my principle for lamenting the utter disgrace that are 3rd party thieves--oops I meant 'manufacturers'. You can go and slurp up every crappy China made 'original' toy put out and all good for you! >:-) Also, you trying to knock me for using the weak reasoning of it being crap based on the photoshopped argument is utterly misinterpreted, monsieur. I meant that one minor picture of the two IP-stolen toys comes out, the Igear fanboys rush out an d defend it as if their lives depended on it. But hey, more power to you guys. Effing Igear Chinese B*stards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Everyone who's taken the time to actually post in this thread cares, even you, apparently (even if it's only to hate hate hate, lol).

My Faith Leader came with no QC issues (aside from the normal expected idiosyncrasies from the MP Prime mold) so iGear gets high marks for quality in my book. This is what fans want, and iGear delivers.

I really don't understand how people can criticize iGear and yet still support other third party companies and their products. So people will draw the line at "borrowed" molds and engineering, but are perfectly fine with stolen IP (with enough tweaks for the company to call it their own; news flash -- every third party company is stealing IP from HasTak regardless of molds and engineering) and then act like their shit don't stink for it?

Honestly, can you say hypocritical?
^ I dont support Igear and never bought 3 party stuff. The argument will never cease, so I will just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
I really don't understand some of the hate these are getting now. What is it this time? Please tell me. Is it just the fact that they're made by iGear?
^Yes Igear should burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
The point has been made that it is patently ridiculous to go all apeshit and start declaring "OMG BEST TOYZ EVAR" when all we've seen is a blurry, heavily-photoshopped pic.

And can we please just stop with all the rationalization of why everything is all hunky-dory, the whole "Hasbro won't give me what I want, so I have to buy this", and the whole "it's not REALLY a KO" thing?? You want it, so you're buying it, and fuck anyone who tells you otherwise. Is that really too much to own up to? It's time to stop pretending that iGear isn't a KO company. It's time to stop acting like they're not stealing intellectual property. If that doesn't bother you, GREAT. I own plenty of KOs myself, and I'm not ashamed to tell you that I don't give a shit. The way people are coming up with rationalizations to defend iGear is getting pretty hilarious, to be quite honest. You like their products, fine, buy it. No need to philosophize about it.

@Sizzle: Can I have your babies?!
That's EXACTLY the home point (check your toys before you go nuts over it!) im trying to drive home here.
OPERATION: MICROMASTER COMBINER

[Wing_Saber-X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #123
Vinyl junkie.
Rijie78's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,833
Location: UK
News Credits: 1
Aha, an worthwhile change up from just jacking existing toys. Not a great fan of the alt modes designs, but obviously they're referencing the G1 look, so it is what it is. There looks to be some curious behind-arm kibble there, and obviously we can't see the feet in these images - but no doubt we'll get some decent photos soon.

If these look good in the flesh, as it were, and the QC is up to scratch, it'll be interesting to see what else iGear have planned.
Rijie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #124
King of Puppies
Creaky's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,509
Location: Up North.
Collection Count: +1
News Credits: 2
I'll wait to see some in hand photos. Props for actually doing some original engineering for once. I'm hopeful that it turns out alright.

That said, they're perhaps too big for me. Pity, because the official clasics toys are a little gimpy. But as I said, I'll wait and see. Not setting any money aside for them right now.
Creaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 AM   #125
Protectobot
stevej's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,288
Location: Yorkshire
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[Wing_Saber-X
You can go and slurp up every crappy China made 'original' toy put out and all good for you! >:-)
I think most, if not all, of my Transformers are made in China. The price of globalisation eh? For all we know the iGear products are made in better, fairer factories than the real things too which would certianly subvert the ethical spin some people like to attach to these products... A spin which is largely moot in this instance because these are largely original designs.

And damn good ones at that.

I also think people should withhold talking about scale until we see them next to some known Classics figures or PP-01.
Sale thread - MIB Binaltech Tracks, Prowl, Alert, Lambor, Sunstreaker, Skids and Wheeljack. Alternators Optimus Prime and Nemesis Prime.
stevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #126
Herald of Unicron
Rodentus prime's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,835
Location: Hants, UK
News Credits: 2
I'd be interested to know if the second Ratchet head will be an alternate colour scheme? - I always preferred the red head/white crest look myself.
Rodentus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #127
Autobot
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 63
Okay I confess. I was an igear hater.
They were lazy and greedy in their earlier products. Poor quality material as well.
But now? Ironhide and ratchet look good IMO.

Have to admit though, I'm still a bit apprehensive. A bit of preformed judgemental behavior though, I feel like if I pay them for these stuff, I'm being cheated of my cash.

Otherwise the figures look good, if they look like how these pictures show.
Let's not judge them, just the figures.

Based on that, good job so far
Chromewear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #128
SIXTRAIN! GATTAI!
[Wing_Saber-X]'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14,915
Location: Cybertron
Collection Count: I've lost count!! @_@
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej View Post
I think most, if not all, of my Transformers are made in China. The price of globalisation eh? For all we know the iGear products are made in better, fairer factories than the real things too which would certianly subvert the ethical spin some people like to attach to these products... A spin which is largely moot in this instance because these are largely original designs.

And damn good ones at that.

I also think people should withhold talking about scale until we see them next to some known Classics figures or PP-01.
^Dude, I dont need a lesson on where TF's are made nowadays. But newsflash- yes the current batches if TF's are made in CHINA but under the purview and OFFICIAL/ LEGAL AND LEGIT watch of Hasbro/Takaratomy. Igear's factory is probably some shitty 2 block building just like an ILLEGAL CRACK factory.
OPERATION: MICROMASTER COMBINER

[Wing_Saber-X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #129
Decepticon Air Force
Timesynch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,070
Location: USA
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
^Dude, whatever. Pathetic or not I wont budge in my principle for lamenting the utter disgrace that are 3rd party thieves--oops I meant 'manufacturers'. You can go and slurp up every crappy China made 'original' toy put out and all good for you! >:-) Also, you trying to knock me for using the weak reasoning of it being crap based on the photoshopped argument is utterly misinterpreted, monsieur. I meant that one minor picture of the two IP-stolen toys comes out, the Igear fanboys rush out an d defend it as if their lives depended on it. But hey, more power to you guys. Effing Igear Chinese B*stards.


^ I dont support Igear and never bought 3 party stuff. The argument will never cease, so I will just leave it at that.


^Yes Igear should burn.

Um, you do realize that most if not all of Hasbro and Takara-Tomy's manufacturing does in fact come from China? This also applies to anime and anything else that can be churned out in a factory setting for pennies on the dollar (or yen as the case may be). Companies will flock to the cheapest labor for their manufacturing base if the flagging American (and Japanese) economy is anything to go by. Take a look at what's stamped on your official Hasbro and TakTom toys - they all say "Made In China".

Smacking of a little nationalism/racism, are we?

So you don't support 3rd party products. Evar. Good for you. Obviously, most of the rest of us don't feel the same way.

My question is; why do you keep coming to these types of threads (the ones with "iGear" in the title, in particular) again and again and again, just to stir up negativity and bad sentiment and generally peeing in everyone else's cornflakes? If you don't care at all like you keep claiming, then why bother continuing to pester the rest of us with your (far from heroic) nonsense?

(I'm not an rabidly blind iGear fanboy since I still do hold a few reservations about iGear's general marketing strategy and even question some of their design decisions, but that's more quibbling over details on my part.)

Now that that's out of the way, I do have to agree with an earlier poster that I'd like to see the final products for not-Ironhide and not-Ratchet and their paint apps, since the final Conehead models did differ a bit from their prototype test shot photos.

Join the DAF! Fly, fight, and face plant!
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #130
The Doppelgänger
Cheem The Rup's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,497
Location: Transformers Italia
News Credits: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
My question is; why do you keep coming to these types of threads (the ones with "iGear" in the title, in particular) again and again and again, just to stir up negativity and bad sentiment and generally peeing in everyone else's cornflakes? If you don't care at all like you keep claiming, then why bother continuing to pester the rest of us with your (far from heroic) nonsense?
If you'll receive a logical answer, let me know
facebook.com/groups/italiantfclub/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
CHEEM you are such a 3rd party whore lol.
Cheem The Rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla