Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Webdiver

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Insecticon
Webdiver

So, decided to revisit my Webdiver Galleon, also planning to get Gradion, Kerberion and Ortorion. Not right away though, need to let my wallet loosen up a bit first, but hopefully they'll still be available when the time comes.

Just curious, if any of y'all have Golemon, how's the articulation on that guy? Particularly in the arms. He seems a bit too bulky, thus restricting a lot of movement.

Oh, anyway, here and here are my Galleon reviews. They're basically identical though. Only the pics in the second link aren't resized. Same size if you save 'em though.

Turquoise Version

Forbidden Platypus Lingo
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Collection Count: Why would i collect Transformers
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to David Send a message via Yahoo to David
Great toy, I sold mine last year. I do regret it, its even better when displayed with Cannonball.
Chef and Proud Owner of Lone Star Samwiches! Come like us!!
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
The Plastic Addict

Collection Count: 1224 - Newest: United Axalon
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to TJOmega Send a message via MSN to TJOmega Send a message via Yahoo to TJOmega
Love that toy... love a lot of the Webdiver series really.

For Golemon, his shoulders have a great range of motion and he gets bicep swivels. The elbows are a little limited though. The legs are worse, aside from the kibble restricting them, you have to play around with the legs to get knee joints and then the outward hips go away, you can rotate them but not move them out. But, kibble issues again, so it wouldn't do any good. I still really like the figure despite that though

Latest Plastic Addict: Episode 31 - Beast Machines Silverbolt
Latest TJ TV: Episode 24 - Cybersix
TJOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Action Master
Collection Count: Beats me!
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Gryph
I've got Gradion, Goremon, Jaguaron, and Sharkon. Goremon is pretty nice in combined mode. It's actually got fairly good arm articulation. This is probably the best place to get Webdiver stuff. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get Wyverion or Daitalion. I've never seen them anywhere.

The Great Action Master Thundercracker Thread (Last update Power Core Combiners)
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
Insecticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
I've got Gradion, Goremon, Jaguaron, and Sharkon. Goremon is pretty nice in combined mode. It's actually got fairly good arm articulation. This is probably the best place to get Webdiver stuff. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get Wyverion or Daitalion. I've never seen them anywhere.
Yeah, that's where I plan to get 'em. Need to check out what kinda shipping costs to expect though, since I live in Asia.

I'd love to get Wyverion, looks neat, but yeah, not available there right now. How's Jaguron and Sharkon for you?
Turquoise Version

Forbidden Platypus Lingo
Old 03-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Insecticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegus Prime View Post
Love that toy... love a lot of the Webdiver series really.

For Golemon, his shoulders have a great range of motion and he gets bicep swivels. The elbows are a little limited though. The legs are worse, aside from the kibble restricting them, you have to play around with the legs to get knee joints and then the outward hips go away, you can rotate them but not move them out. But, kibble issues again, so it wouldn't do any good. I still really like the figure despite that though
Figured you'd get a kick out of it. Was also hoping you'd be the one to answer regarding Golemon, since I knew you had quite a few of these guys. Hmm, from the sounds of it, Golemon is okay, but getting him shipped to my country might be a bit costly. Are the individual doggies any good?
Turquoise Version

Forbidden Platypus Lingo
Old 03-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Action Master
Collection Count: Beats me!
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by updatedude View Post
Yeah, that's where I plan to get 'em. Need to check out what kinda shipping costs to expect though, since I live in Asia.

I'd love to get Wyverion, looks neat, but yeah, not available there right now. How's Jaguron and Sharkon for you?
I think Jaguaron is nice, but he's not one of the more popular figures. He doesn't really have any head articulation, due to the transformation, and the shape of his head. He's only got one elbow, his legs are limited, and kind of on the skinny side. His car and gun modes are pretty awesome, though. Personally, I think $14 is a bit too much for it. I got mine for $6, when BBTS had all their Webdiver stuff on clearance, and it was worth that much, for sure.

Sharkon on the other hand, is just pure awesome. Great vehicle mode. Great robot mode. Great articulation. I'd say he's the best of that size class, and totally worth $14.

The Great Action Master Thundercracker Thread (Last update Power Core Combiners)
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
someone
I have a bunch of these figures but I can never remember their names! Except for Galleon, since his name resembles his alt mode.
gargunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
The Plastic Addict

Collection Count: 1224 - Newest: United Axalon
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to TJOmega Send a message via MSN to TJOmega Send a message via Yahoo to TJOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by updatedude View Post
Figured you'd get a kick out of it. Was also hoping you'd be the one to answer regarding Golemon, since I knew you had quite a few of these guys. Hmm, from the sounds of it, Golemon is okay, but getting him shipped to my country might be a bit costly. Are the individual doggies any good?
They're like the other Webdivers, quirky as hell, but they are a little weak individually since they have to combine as well. Beast modes are nice, vehicles are a bit iffy, but I still like them.

Latest Plastic Addict: Episode 31 - Beast Machines Silverbolt
Latest TJ TV: Episode 24 - Cybersix
TJOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
Insecticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
I think Jaguaron is nice, but he's not one of the more popular figures. He doesn't really have any head articulation, due to the transformation, and the shape of his head. He's only got one elbow, his legs are limited, and kind of on the skinny side. His car and gun modes are pretty awesome, though. Personally, I think $14 is a bit too much for it. I got mine for $6, when BBTS had all their Webdiver stuff on clearance, and it was worth that much, for sure.

Sharkon on the other hand, is just pure awesome. Great vehicle mode. Great robot mode. Great articulation. I'd say he's the best of that size class, and totally worth $14.
Cool, might grab him then. Presumably Gradion's worth the 50 bucks, I'm just concerned about the shipping to my country.
Turquoise Version

Forbidden Platypus Lingo