Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The LEGO Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #6151
Your post confuses me...
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Picked up the melting room today. First Lego set in a dog's age. Solid for a little "scene" piece, and a nice size for the price. I've not seen the movie yet, but I will, and I want to at least get the sets I think look good so I don't eventually see it, love it, want everything and suddenly the old sets are hard to find.
You'll want Cloud Coocooland for sure. It's actually the most inaccurate of the 'scene' sets but it's still in the general theme of the place and it's the only way to get a 'normal' Unikitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
You canít stab people with maces like that! That doesnít work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormdalek View Post
Godspeed you magnificent random knowledge ninja. Godspeed...
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #6152
knockoff of a knockoff
Collection Count: more than none & less than all
Quote:
Picked up the melting room today. First Lego set in a dog's age.
I know what you mean. I haven't bought any Lego in years, then this movie comes out and suddenly I've gotten six sets within half as many weeks.
Not that I'm complaining.

Metalbeard is definitely awesome.

PSN: RustyRampage
XBL: RustyRampage01
Rampage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #6153
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
You'll want Cloud Coocooland for sure. It's actually the most inaccurate of the 'scene' sets but it's still in the general theme of the place and it's the only way to get a 'normal' Unikitty.
Yeah, no. I just want to get Metalbeard, Emmet's mech, and maybe a few others like the set with Bad Cop car. Unikitty is easily the dumbest looking part of the entire film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage01 View Post
I know what you mean. I haven't bought any Lego in years, then this movie comes out and suddenly I've gotten six sets within half as many weeks.
Not that I'm complaining.

Metalbeard is definitely awesome.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...225_151501.jpg
Metalbeard is the next set I want. Or, I wanted to get. I thought it looked worth the $40 price tag, but is Metalbeard himself really that small?

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #6154
Mozilla FireFoxy
Collection Count: I can't deal with that right now!
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Metalbeard is the next set I want. Or, I wanted to get. I thought it looked worth the $40 price tag, but is Metalbeard himself really that small?
He's half way in between Deluxe and Voyager class TFs. The set also comes with a Micro-Manager about the same size as Metalbeard, plus three minifigs.
agentSAP2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #6155
Fiery Adventurer
Collection Count: Quite a few. Never counted.
Kinda sucks that the only way to get queasy Unikitty and the double deckered couch is through the uber expensive pirate ship. I hope that they'll eventually pop up for a decent price at places like Bricklink or...ebay.
jala12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #6156
knockoff of a knockoff
Collection Count: more than none & less than all
Quote:
Like agentSAP said, there is also another robot of that size in the set. Both Metalbeard and the Micromanager are very well articulated, including individual fingers on Metalbeard. (They've certainly come a long way with that. A similar sized Lego robot I had as a kid could barely shuffle it's legs back and forth and turn it's head.) Metalbeard also has a sword he can hold and spring loaded cannons. The set was definitely worth the $40 dollors, in my opinion.

PSN: RustyRampage
XBL: RustyRampage01
Rampage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #6157
Chromaticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jala12 View Post
Kinda sucks that the only way to get queasy Unikitty and the double deckered couch is through the uber expensive pirate ship. I hope that they'll eventually pop up for a decent price at places like Bricklink or...ebay.
Knowing Bricklink, Queasy-Kitty won't be less than 20 bucks---and I wouldn't be surprised at all with people asking 50.
David Hingtgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #6158
I'm an agile cat.
Quote:
Like agentSAP said, there is also another robot of that size in the set. Both Metalbeard and the Micromanager are very well articulated, including individual fingers on Metalbeard. (They've certainly come a long way with that. A similar sized Lego robot I had as a kid could barely shuffle it's legs back and forth and turn it's head.) Metalbeard also has a sword he can hold and spring loaded cannons. The set was definitely worth the $40 dollors, in my opinion.
I like the micro-managers a lot, even though I fear they're just typical hollow lego boxes with a weak inner frame like anything that needs to be boxy. EDIT: Actually, I was thinking of the micro-manager from the Firetruck set.

Unfortunately he's the one set I can't find in stores.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #6159
Collection Count: at least 84
Quote:
Metalbeard is impressive.
Picked up a Minifig Blindbag while I was out today and I got the Barista guy "Larry".
I think it's kind of cool that the Coffee cup he comes with has a "Sip indent" molded onto its top.
when I was feeling the bags, I was hoping to get President Business or maybe the Mariachi Taco Tuesday dude, but Larry is still cool.
3DSXL Friend Code (Eli): 2492-4170-3491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
not to make light of your anger, but it's a hard life of selling propane and propane accessories.
PSN Username: Strangeguy32000
My Feedback
Steam
strangeguy32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #6160
I'm an agile cat.
I definitely want Business and Bad Cop out of the blind bags, and an Emmett to glue the "piece of resistence" to his back.