Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Let's see your Gundams

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #16271
TFW2005, BEHOLD!...ME!
Collection Count: Depends on how many hairs you have on your head.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
How so?

There's no deep brooding secret behind her character or anything, if that's what you're worried about. You just have that sweet idol character, and then you find out she's more politically-minded than her current occupation would have you believe.
It just seems like in that regard that her sweet and kind act is just fake, the way she seemed like a nice person is what I like most about her. But since it's just a ruse it makes me feel like she not really as nice as people would make her out to believe.

Putting aside the drama, I (finally) got one of my packages and just finished building a 1/144 HG Hizack EFSF Version. The only Major problem I have with it is that it's hard to pose while holding the gun without making the pose look unnatural.

(Also the decals that it comes with are a real hassle for me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
You, good sir, must ejaculate rationale when you orgasm, because you are filled and overflowing with wisdom.
FanimusMaximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #16272
Simply, don't listen to SouthtownKid . He's reading way too far into things.

Athrun and Lacus had an arranged marriage to begin with. They were just going through the motions, but there was no real passion in their relationship. Just puppy love at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I just thought of something that never occurred to me during my viewing of Destiny, how the hell did Shinn and Kira survive that nuclear explosion when the Freedom got stabby stabbed O_o
Freedom and Justice are equipped with fusion reactors, not fission. There's no nuclear fallout if those go kablooie. Combined with the "blink and you'll miss it" shot of Kira going for the reactor cut-off, what you see is a standard "Mobile Suit blowing up"-type explosion, not a nuclear one. On top of that, Kira was saved by the fact that the Freedom's cockpit is in the upper chest, rather than the abdomen like the Impulse and most other Mobile Suits. So the reactor in the abdomen goes boom, but the presumedly blast-shielded cockpit remains intact.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #16273
Headmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanimusMaximus View Post
It just seems like in that regard that her sweet and kind act is just fake, the way she seemed like a nice person is what I like most about her. But since it's just a ruse it makes me feel like she not really as nice as people would make her out to believe.
That is completely what it is.

Quote:
Simply, don't listen to SouthtownKid . He's reading way too far into things.
The bottom line is that her deceptions and manipulations (particularly of Athrun) show that she is an "ends justifies the means" kind of person, which is the worst kind of person and INCREDIBLY dangerous in a political leader, especially one with -- like you point out -- religious undertones.

You or I may agree with her end goal, but her methods are as wrong-headed and frankly dangerous as Patrick Zala's, Azrael's, Durandal's or Rau's. Agreeing with the ends doesn't excuse using any means. The thinking that it does has historically led to disaster pretty much every time.

I can go along with it for the sake of the show, which takes a pretty simplistic view of war compared to the original series anyway. But in real life, someone like Laccus would be as big a threat as any of the series' antagonists.
SouthtownKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #16274
TFW2005, BEHOLD!...ME!
Collection Count: Depends on how many hairs you have on your head.
Ok I think it's best we stop talking about this before things get too crazy.

Quote:
Athrun and Lacus had an arranged marriage to begin with. They were just going through the motions, but there was no real passion in their relationship. Just puppy love at best.
It wouldn't be just puppy love if she were my fiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
You, good sir, must ejaculate rationale when you orgasm, because you are filled and overflowing with wisdom.
FanimusMaximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #16275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
I can go along with it for the sake of the show, which takes a pretty simplistic view of war compared to the original series anyway. But in real life, someone like Laccus would be as big a threat as any of the series' antagonists.
Yes, in real life she'd probably be the portrait of a dangerous cult leader or something.

But in the fictional universe that Gundam SEED operates in, with it's ultimately black & white views on human morality and skewed writing perspective, her methods are the exact opposite of how you're portraying her. Because in the Gundam SEED universe, Lacus is treated alongside Kira as a messiah-type character, and whatever they do or say is ultimately right. It's not that she's manipulative. It's that she appeals to the deep seated morals within the people around her, and they ultimately agree with her of their own free will. Because she's unquestionably right.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #16276
Headmaster
Quote:
Yes, in real life she'd probably be the portrait of a dangerous cult leader or something.

But in the fictional universe that Gundam SEED operates in, her methods are the exact opposite of how you're portraying her.
I really don't agree. Even in-universe, I find the character more scary than anything or anyone else in the entire series.

And yeah, "cult" is a great word for it. Which I almost used. Because that's how her followers appear in the show. They are cult-like.

And how are her methods the opposite? Her methods are her methods. If the result is positive, that has absolutely no bearing on her methods. She still did what she did.

The idea that it's found excusable because everything turned out all right is exactly what I am talking about. It's a dangerous way to think.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #16277
Fistful of Energon
Collection Count: I lost count at 100
Quote:

Freedom and Justice are equipped with fusion reactors, not fission. There's no nuclear fallout if those go kablooie. Combined with the "blink and you'll miss it" shot of Kira going for the reactor cut-off, what you see is a standard "Mobile Suit blowing up"-type explosion, not a nuclear one. On top of that, Kira was saved by the fact that the Freedom's cockpit is in the upper chest, rather than the abdomen like the Impulse and most other Mobile Suits. So the reactor in the abdomen goes boom, but the presumedly blast-shielded cockpit remains intact.
That's a very nice mushrom cloud for a standard explosion. Fission or fusion, you can't sut of a nuclear reaction with the hit of a switch.

click picture to read comic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberfrost01 View Post
No, you don't get it. I LOVE Strarf
Ranger Silver 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #16278
Headmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Silver 6 View Post
That's a very nice mushrom cloud for a standard explosion. Fission or fusion, you can't sut of a nuclear reaction with the hit of a switch.
Well, let's not start making a list of things you can't do with the flip of a switch in Gundam. Nuclear reactor shutdown is only one of many.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #16279
Idol of Millions
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Silver 6 View Post
But Laccus did not want Kira to die. Therefore, she convinced the exploding reactor to not kill him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire
So not only are you racist against chicks who can't build alien robots, but now you're racist against Prime fans. Goddamnit, Burnout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #16280
Fistful of Energon
Collection Count: I lost count at 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
But Laccus did not want Kira to die. Therefore, she convinced the exploding reactor to not kill him.
That is my favorite explanaion ever

click picture to read comic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberfrost01 View Post
No, you don't get it. I LOVE Strarf
Ranger Silver 6 is offline   Reply With Quote