Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Mugenbine

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #571
Fallen Guardian
News Credits: 9
I tried to make the Pharaoh Speeder-Bike mode, but it's kind of hard with only a really tiny picture for reference, so I had to ad-lib most of it. It doesn't actually use all of the pieces, but looks pretty neat.

Anubis is definitely the star of this set, tho. He's basically his own self-contained robot. Oddly enough, the robot head/face for the combined mode is actually Anubis' head turned around backwards. This is both good and bad. Good because you can make Anubis look cool with a robot face and bad because it's really not scaled well with the combined robot.

But I've finally got them all, so I'm quite relieved. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Oh, and in order of likey-ness, Anubis, Ra, Sebek, Sphinx, and Scorpion.
Sphinx takes Scorpion simply because I like the little Roider guy. Sphinx has to be the retarded kid brother of the group because unless the dude can produce some wheels on those feet/legs of his, he's not going anywhere.
"You can stay and guard the base."
BÍte Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #572
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
Perhaps (given the backstory that you kindly translated) Sphinx is the control module that remote controls the other four? Sort of a special team controlled from a field HQ (Sphinx), with the other four each having their strengths (Anubis = humanoid, Ra = flight, air missions, Sebek = sea missions, Scorpion... I'll have to get back to you on what his specialty is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #573
Fallen Guardian
Makes enough sense to me given that the Roider actually goes inside of the Sphinx and in both Sphinx mode and the combined mode (the same piece is used for housing the Roider).

Also, Scorpion can be used for Desert attacks.

Good thought on that explanation, tho.

I also opted to take the Ra wings off of the combined mode's forearms and attached them to the backpack instead. It looks a lot better that way, I think.
The combined mode seriously has a lot of points of articulation. It's really a relief that he didn't get crappy arms like the Silver King set. Elbow, wrist, bicep, and rotating and lateral shoulder articulation ftw!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #574
Banned
Is there anyplace online that sells the Mugenpharaoh sets individually? I can't seam to find them on eBay. Anyone here have extras they would sell?
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #575
Fallen Guardian
Considering that the sets just came out in Japan this week, I'd give it a little more time before they start showing up on eBay.
BigBadToyStore has sets of 10 (hopefully 2 full sets but at least 1 with some extras) for pre-order.
Also, Yahoo.jp auctions have them for sale, too.

Aside from that, I don't know. And as far as I know, I'm the only one on this board that has the Mugen Pharaoh set, but that's because I live in Japan.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #576
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
I also have one, I've not shipped it yet. I'll probably have it by the end of next week, assuming that the one other item comes in over the weekend (as it probably will)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #577
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BÍte Noire View Post
Considering that the sets just came out in Japan this week, I'd give it a little more time before they start showing up on eBay.
BigBadToyStore has sets of 10 (hopefully 2 full sets but at least 1 with some extras) for pre-order.
Also, Yahoo.jp auctions have them for sale, too.

Aside from that, I don't know. And as far as I know, I'm the only one on this board that has the Mugen Pharaoh set, but that's because I live in Japan.
Sorry, I didn't realize they just came out, I have only skimmed the thread.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #578
Captain Fantastic
Collection Count: I'm supposed to know?
News Credits: 8
bugmenot, once we get confirmation on the contents of a case, (assuming there's 2 sets) I'd be willing to split a case with you... I only need one, and BBTS seems like the easiest option (and they've got other things I want to pre-order, so shipping wouldn't be as much)

That gallery didn't make waiting easier. If anything, it made me want to hit up Yahoo Japan and buy one now
Feedback
New storefront: Naked Fire Trucks
Soundblaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #579
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundblaster1 View Post
bugmenot, once we get confirmation on the contents of a case, (assuming there's 2 sets) I'd be willing to split a case with you... I only need one, and BBTS seems like the easiest option (and they've got other things I want to pre-order, so shipping wouldn't be as much)

That gallery didn't make waiting easier. If anything, it made me want to hit up Yahoo Japan and buy one now
Oh thanks a lot, I will take you up on that offer.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #580
Captain Fantastic
Collection Count: I'm supposed to know?
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
Oh thanks a lot, I will take you up on that offer.
Sounds like a plan, unless someone confirms the cases are screwed up and don't actually have 2 full sets.
Feedback
New storefront: Naked Fire Trucks
Soundblaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote