Zune question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Lady Autocon, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

Hey I own the G1 of the Zune mp3 players. About 4 months ago or something I heard that Zune was going to end. What's the deal with that? I mean, will I lose the software and that jazz? I'm really confused.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I would imagine no new models or updates. Possibly no more support at all. They just couldn'f compete with Apple

3. Lady Autocon

Thats weird because today I got an update so I got curious. I was just wondering if it was going to shut down everyone who had the zune software and then I'd be looking for a new mp3. I dont like Ipods or apple stuff. Sorry.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

They're just not making them anymore. There will probably still be upgrades for the software, although i'm sure those will end sooner rather than later too.

I still love my ancient 30gig Zune, i'll use this thing till the bitter end.

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    They will no longer be making dedicated Zune media players. They have switched the focus to the Zune Software and Windows Phone integration. Zune as a service isn't going anywhere.

6. Lady Autocon

This has made me a happy femme. Now no worries over a new music player. :D