Zune HD Vs. Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darthbane2007, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of purchasing one of these by at least January. I looked over the internet at the Specs both of these, but I want to hear from you. To those who currently own one of these, Which one is a better buy?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this exact moment in time (meaning this could change at a later date), I wouldn't even have a second thought, and buy the Touch. It's not that the HD is a bad system. It's just that aside from the HD video and HD radio, your path to cool applications will end there. With the Touch (or Iphone) you will open a door to so much shit and goodies that you might even be overwhelmed at first. I have a healthy library of games that I take with me everywhere I go, and Pandora and Shazam are awesome (though on a Touch, I'm sure the latter depends on WiFi connection).

As soon as MS supports the HD with more software etc etc, I'm sure this will change. But for now, there is simply nothing cooler than the Touch.

3. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I love my iPod touch. I've had it since November and it is great.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know about the new Zune's but after a disastrous flirtation with one last year and promptly buying a touch not long after I can safely say the touch has been one of the best electronics's buys I have ever made.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the Iphone and would still get the Touch just to have the system with no ties to a phone company.

And some of the games creeping out for it are really good games. I mean like, I just downloaded Hybrid, an RPG in the realms of Guardian Heros.

6. Darthbane2007

No love for the Zune?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give it time. It doesn't interest me at this point, but it just came out. They are already talking about games coming out for it.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Don't get an ipod there is a chance that if you drop it'll explode. Litterally. The lit-ion batteries in some models aren't stable.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regular Ipod, or touch?

I really don't think you should avoid a Touch on that notion, unless people are getting killed because of this.

10. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    To be fair, that is a risk with all LI batteries and not the fault of Apple.

*flamesuit on*

I've said it before, but I plan on getting a Zune HD. The primary incentive to get an iPod touch seems to be the App store. For me, I don't want or need much of what is offered on there, and if there is something I like, odds are I can get it or the equivilant on the Android Marketplace for my G1. The Zune subscription service and built in radio are far more useful to me.

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Zunes are for geeks, iPods are for hipsters.

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Have a 8GB iPod Touch (2nd gen.) since the middle of March and love it.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Touch.

14. Darthbane2007

I know it' a little bit early, but are there any plans to release a 64 GB Zune HD>

15. lars573

Ipod nano. But googlage on the supject also turned up exploding Iphones.

True but you wouldn't expect it to happen if you just drop it or plug it in to charge it. Which when these things are going up flames.

Anyway check this out
    Exploding iPods and iPhones Prompt Investigations - defective products - Injured

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I find the Zune HD intriguing, and definitely a step in the right direction, but Microsoft is still missing about 75% of what they could do with the thing.

I'm not talking about making it a phone, I'm talking about making it for the Xbox like the VMU was for the Dreamcast.

With an iPod Touch you're looking at being married to iTunes and it's stupid music categorization. It can be a pain in the ass to convert videos for it, and iTunes has a 'new' version like twice a month. Despite that there is much more that you can do with it than you can the Zune.

If you need something now -get the Touch.
    Personally, I am going to wait and see if Microsoft figures out what the market has known all along and makes the Zune HD the device we want.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    360's have caught people's apartments on fire, and it's still ok to get them. This is definitely not enough of a reason not to get a Touch, if you like what it has to offer.

18. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Well, we should be getting the Zune Software added to the 360 within the year, possibly around the same time that it is released for mobile devices, as part of Microsoft's campaign to promote the Zune Pass. Considering that the Zune will currently connect directly to a 360 via USB cable and be detected as a music and video storage device, I have hopes that enhanced connectivity will follow, especially now that the HD units can run additional marketplace applications.

I do agree that it would be awesome if you purchased a 360 game that installed an application to your Zune, allowing you to interact with your 360 game data in some way, maybe similar to the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the VMU idea. I have found converting videos to be a breeze for the Iphone, though. I just use Iphone Video 9. And then slide that into Itunes and Sync.

It would be awesome for the Zune to incorporate some of that VMU idea. I really do enjoy remote play on the PSP, and the ability to move PS1 games from the PS3 to the PSP and back, but controling your 360 from the Zune and being able to shop and have demos and games ready for you at home when you get home to your 360 would be awesome.

20. lars573

You mean the 360's that were covered by paper, cloths, and blankets? Where as these were dropped and exploded.