Zombie threading and faux modding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Generally speaking I would say that TFW is good and fun site to post on. But I do frequently see things that I find irritating and one of the main ones is faux modding. Especially when it comes to zombie threads. I think most of the posters on here probably check in on a daily basis, but some of us have lives outside of Transformers and only post on here intermittantly. As such, we tend to miss threads when they get discussed by those that are here more consistently. So my question to TFW is this: If someone misses a thread and sees it later and wants to discuss it (and I'm talking like months later), should we A) Zombie the old thread or 2) start a new albeit duplicate thead? I will tell you right now that either way, said poster is going to spend the first six replies getting harrassed for either zombie threading or duplicate threading. The two problems with this is that said harrassment will come from people who aren't even mods and the other problem is that such a situation is a catch 22. You can't have it both ways people so which is it? Zombie or dupe? Or option 3, casual posters need not apply?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Generally, if a thread is less than a year old, its ok to bring up. Having said that, you shouldn't go out of your way to resurrect every thread that's been around for almost a year. If a thread is older than a year, its ok to start a new one. Typically, threads that are brought back up that have been buried for over a year will get locked by a mod. However, if a thread is more than a year old but regularly gets replies and posts on an intermittent basis, its ok to stick to that thread.

If there are any questions regarding if its ok to resurrect an old thread, its best to ask either myself, or any other mod here. If you see a member being harassed by someone else for resurrecting an old thread, please use the report post button and the staff will be notified of this and it will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll add that we try to keep a tighter reign on threads in News & Rumors than elsewhere, to keep that forum current, and we delete posts that bump old news. Unless they are adding new information or something newsworthy to the topic, that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.