Zombie Outbreak Survival Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Napjr, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I know, but it seemed silly.

"Oh hay guyz, I gots some good weapons to fight some zombies!"
    "Wow, you're ugly. Go get your face eaten off."
    ":( "

2. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Physical: B
    Mental: A
    Experience: Z
    Emotional Integrity: F
    Survival Rank: Z+

I got a Z on Experience!! I'm a zombie expert, bite me Zombie!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  3. Mr.Roboto

News Credits:
    Well 28 Days Later didn't have zombies. They were just crazy ass humans. :D  Perhaps you meant the zombies from Dawn of The Dead (remake). :D 

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    BFF and my first pick for my zombie team. It's been a good week so far. :lol 

Seriously, has anyone scored well for emotional integrity?

5. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Wow, you kicked ass too!

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Thread's been moving fast, but I'd like to respond to this. There is no such thing as a titanium crowbar. At least, certainly not one that will be available to the average man. Titanium is just too expensive. The vast majority of crowbars are made of worked steel (although this steel may contain some titanium, but that really wont make much difference), which is a lot heavier, weaker (at least in terms of ultimate strength), and less resistant to corrosion than titanium. Unless Mr. Brooks is talking about those really small crowbars, which could possibly be titanium, but I cant see them being of more use than even a claw hammer.

In terms of an axe, it'll probably be around the same weight or lighter than a large steel crowbar. Definately easier to swing, the wedge shape and edge can be used to either open boxes or smash them, and even if it grows dull, it'll deal enough blunt force to a concentrated point of the zombie to damage or kill it (especially if you hit the head).

As for shovels being cumbersome, I figure a crowbar would be just as cumbersome to use, if not moreso, as a weapon. Yes, the handle could break, but I doubt it would without some warning, and even then, you probably have a sharp spear, and shovels are not hard to find.

7. Mr.Roboto

News Credits:

Actually, F is a great score. It means that you don't let things get to you. The less emotion you have the best you are at rationalizing things better. If you have a lot of emotion then you are just putting yourself and others at risk. Like those girls in most horror movies that cry about "oh that's my mom, she won't hurt me. Come mom, show them you are nice. Mom....wait, what are you doing? Oh geez, MOM!! Don't you remember me!! We baked cookies together. COOKIES!!! oh crap.............(dead)".

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Bah, true. We'll go with DotD remake fast zombies...seriously, you'd be fucking dead if you had to run from that shit. Done, no chance.

9. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Well that becomes the issue of ideal weapons vs readily available ones. Titanium crowbars can be ordered online for around $100-$200. Impractical for everyday use? perhaps. I have two steel crowbars right now that get rarely used. But if I really thought that some sort of situation like this would happen, I would consider purchasing one. 40% lighter, just as strong, if not stronger and claims to be more resistant to the elements than steel. and I've fucked around swinging crowbars out of curiosity. After a few swings and thrusts, it felt ok. I honestly felt more comfortable with a crowbar than an ax, and the one time I've actually handled a sword, I felt very uncomfortable. Let's face it, most of us are not expert swordsmen. We would most likely hurt each other as opposed to the undead.

http://www.dutchguard.com/cb-p-TOOL.html

But as far as readily available weapons, it may sound silly, but I would grab my aluminum bat. Not incredibly strong, but its purpose is for hitting. The idea is to hit the target and flee, and I believe this tool would work perfectly, and be easy to travel with. It would be a short term solution until I gain possession of more ideal weapons.

There is a place and purpose for an axe, but I wouldn't be the one handling one. Also in close quarters of combat, I would try and stay as far away from the person wielding it as possible. I honestly feel in combat situation, like a katana, it is a liability. I would have to worry about two potential threats.

10. Mr.Roboto

News Credits:
    Dude, if I was caught in an outbreak by surprise and had a fucking crazy ass decaying human running at me at full speed (and I know full well that I can't escape it's grasp) I'd probably piss my pants right there and then. :lol  Gah, I can see it happening. :lol  I'm laughing just thinking about it. Wuss!! :lol 

I love anything and everything about zombies, but they are also my greatest fear. :lol 

11. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Ah, I guess I just assumed F was bad. Should have read that part more.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It would take a nuclear holocaust to take me down. Zombies don't stand a chance. That's what it said at least.

13. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Physical: B
    Mental: C
    Experience: D
    Emotional: F

Overall: Z*

I'd survive for a while at the least.

14. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Just thought I'd add that if I was ever in a zombie situation, I hope I'd have some of you people with me... with your zombie expertise.

15. Mr.Roboto

News Credits:
    Sorry, you seem to be a bit emotional, can't have that in my group....................runs away :lol 

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

:lol  I know man, I can see myself crying and running away from the thing! I'd become a shell of the buff, hardened, sex machine I am now into ZephryAlchemist. :lol  I love zombies too, and I figure I have a somewhat good chance at escape and staying alive, but that's only if they're the slow, shambling kind.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I own a sword and shotgun. They'd be my two best friends.

18. Mr.Roboto

News Credits:
    I have a frying pan. I can smack zombies and still cook food. Win Win!! :lol 

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

According to Max Brooks, the trench spike is the best melee weapon. Though it's hard as fuck to find. After that, it's a katana or some sort of halberd IIRC.

If I am rich, or have a shitload of disposable income, this is my zombie plan:

1. Purchase a house in the far north, with enough food and supplies for 3 years.
    2. Stock said house with ammunition, weapons and a heavy security system (barbed wire, possible a large wall).
    3. Plan an escape/ evacuation route and get my closet friends and family in on the plan.
    4. (only if i'm THAT rich) Purchase a fully fueled helicopter, take training, and keep it somewhere accessible and hidden from public knowledge.

My primary weapons would be a 9mm glock with a couple magazines in an ammo belt, sword and a combat knife or machette.

My armor would be either a shark suit or some sort of tough body armor.

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    On the crowbar question I have to agree with him entirely. A crowbar is probably not the ideal melee weapon, but out of those five options, it's the best. It turns you into Gordon Freeman. Not only can you stove in zombie heads (which should be adequate to destroy their brains) but it's almost as generally useful as the hammer, which is probably not as good a weapon.

Zombies feel no pain, so you really need something that can either shred their musculature or smash their bones, to slow them down enough to deliver the kill.