Zombie Books

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by silentdarth, Dec 31, 2009.

1. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Not a graphic novel or comic, but one of the best books I've read lately was Day by Day Armageddon by JL Bourne. It's a book written as a journal of the beginning, and well into the zombie apocalypse. JL Bourne himself is a military man and the main character is as well, although he doesn't claim to be the main character, it brings a sort of legitimacy to the character, or at least a kind of knowledge. It's such a great book that I finished it within a week.
    I read this one after the Zombie Survival Guide. An honestly well written book by Max Brooks. I loved the seriousness he approached the subject with. To be honest, I would actually get so lost in the book that I would actually start to think of it as a guide to a real situation. I am eagerly awaiting World War Z so I can read it next (Damn Amazon sellers and their bullshit foot dragging).
    I realized that we don't have a book forum, and I really was thinking it would be cool to discuss this with some like minded fans. I do enjoy The Walking Dead also, but that already had a thread.

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    World War Z is pretty awesome, can't wait for the movie of it to come out. Lately I'm enjoying Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, it's so off the wall corny, but I like it.

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    World War Z is an excellent read. Lots of small stories in it that would probably be able to stand on their own two feet as a film or spin-off.

I've been after Day Bay Day Armageddon for a while, but it's out of print in the UK thanks to an exclusive e-book deal. It ends early 2010 though so hopefully it will go back into print.

Although not strictly zombie books "The Rising" and "City of the Dead" by Brian Keene are good.

4. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and thought it was just too much Pride and Prejudice with some cheesy zombie/ninja stuff tacked on. It didn't seem to mesh very well for my tastes. I have seen the Brian Keene stuff, but I have a stack of stuff to finish. I see that Autumn is being widely released this year, and I'm interested in that one. I listened to the audiobook 2 years ago, so I'm eager for that to be reasonably priced.

5. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

World War Z is great.

A couple others I liked were "Patient Zero" by Jonathan Maberry and "Cell" by Stephen King.