Zoidstar85's "Shelf Wars"

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Zoidstar85, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Grimlock saves the day! :popcorn 

2. Zoidstar85

Zoidstar85 The pre-hysterical monster machine!

Thank you! :cool:  To be honest, I went from memory. I haven't read any of the Barraki comics since way back when they were released in 2007. But a fair bit of warning, I will be adding a bit of artistic license with a few figures, not just from the Bionicle-verse, I.E. Takadox feasting on the minds of others, unless he actually did that in the comics. I can't remember... :/

Thanks! Trust me, I t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ h̶o̶p̶e̶ pray you'll enjoy it once I've expanded on it a bit more. It gets (hopefully) better from here. :D 

Thank you! To be honest, in the original pictures, the lighting is quite bad, at least for the effect I wanted (dark, kinda creepy), so all the pictures are heavily edited. Most of that lighting was stuff done on Photoshop, with backdrops darkened and figures highlighted as needed. Glad you like them, though! :D 

Also, I just noticed that I forgot to add some eye glows to Takadox's eyes in panel 13. It doesn't seem to be bothering anyone, so I think I'll just leave it as is for now.

3. Kyras

Kyras Waiting for the Worms

I wasn't referring to the "eats minds" thing (just checked: he didn't in the comics); I was referring to how you wrote him as creepy, clever, but ultimately not the bravest or strongest creature under the sun.

4. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Z:

Nothing wrong with shooting 'day-for-night', classic Hollywood did it all the time. Most of my night scenes in BRT are done fully lit.

5. Zoidstar85

Right, and that's what I was going for with Takadox. I did a bit of skimming with the comics and that's actually how he's portrayed personality-wise! :thumbs2:  Can't believe that I nailed that just from memory!

I was referring to future characters, which won't be named yet. Take Nocturn, whom I've just introduced for example. He's got a cool design, but I remember him being really dumb which I never really liked, so I've sort of tweaked his personality, hopefully for the better. I haven't had much time to skim over his part in the comic yet, but we'll see how that goes.

Quite true, however, all of my scenes are actually shot at night, but only for convenience purposes because everyone else is in bed and I have free roam of the house, save for the bedrooms. :lol  But for post production, I find photos taken with sunlight are easier to work with, so day-for-night would have been so much easier to work with. I feel that having extra work in post-production is a nice trade-off; I don't like stepping on toes. :eek: 

6. Kyras

I can't wait for more of this comic. It already looks like a favorite-in-the-making. :popcorn 

7. Zoidstar85

Okay, early update for two reasons. I'm going to be very busy over the next four days due to a film project and a couple of mid-terms. Hopefully this fills in a little bit of the Barraki's story. We'll learn more about what happened to them as the story progresses. Next update will also be more or less the same. I was going to do a super-update and combine the two, but with my current schedule, there was no way that was happening. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just a couple notes:
    -I modified Nocturn's personality a bit, so he's a bit smarter than his canon-self. I loved his character design, but for me, the big, dunderheaded, thug never seem to fit him.
    -A wild back-story has appeared! Expect to hear bits and pieces as the comic continues.

8. Kyras

Nocturn reminds me of someone trying to be smart...and only half-suceeding.

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

10. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I love these glow in the dark Bionicles. :popcorn 

11. Zoidstar85

Haha, I only smartened him up a little bit. At least he isn't just a big, raging monster who can talk.

I know, right? Considering how long these guys were in storage, I'm surprised they still glow. I really would've liked to use a black light for the shots with Nocturn and Takadox, but mine broke on me about a year ago. I didn't even know I still had these guys back then, so I don't have any hard feelings about that.

12. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Shame about that blacklight.

13. Zoidstar85

Just a quick thing. I'm hoping to work on the comic some more tonight and maybe tomorrow night (unless I fall into a food coma ;) ). Anyway, expect an update on the main comic by the end of the week. Until then, enjoy this ancient photo I've posted elsewhere, but don't seem to have shared here for some reason...

[​IMG]

Just to date this picture, this was taken before I swapped out Prime's smokestacks...:sly2: 

14. nobleboivin

News Credits:
    True and Happy Thanksgiving

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

So, since this is a rebooted strip, would we see Optimus actually active (if not a MP, what of the Classics/ Cybertron/ Generations/ Movieverse/ RID in charge?)

16. Kyras

You may want to get a bigger hat, prime: the one you're wearing doesn't look like it fits right.

17. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Pilgrim Prime.

John Wayne would be proud.

18. Zoidstar85

Update!!!

Yessir! :D 

Anyways, small update to whet your appetites. I wanted to update sooner, but I was busier than expected over fall break... Not going to be much over the next couple of weeks, since the next panels will need extensive edits. And next week is hell-week. I've got a documentary to film, two final papers to finish, a mid-term to study for, and a 20-page script to proofread and re-write before next week. Maybe an off-beat comic... We'll see what my time permits. ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

One Bionicle Warlord against the strongest Dinobot (and some would argue the only Dinobot one needs)……..I'm going to go with Grimlock

20. nobleboivin

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm going to go with Grimlock