Zoids

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by payres, Dec 28, 2006.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got me a Zoids Z-Builders Power Mammoth from Poundland in Swindon today. Sadly they didn't have the Power Mantis to go with it.

There's a huge thrill you get picking up an ultra rare toy. And even though these have flooded the UK in recent weeks I don't think it's been seen elsewhere - see http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=18379

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

They're flooding the UK huh? Why the hell can't we get any Zoids over here!!!???

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well "flooding" as in one chain of discount stores is getting these previously unreleased ones in by the case load. And it's all your unsold and unreleased stock - last year we had US black Seismosaurs in large quantity.

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Send them back!!!!!

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Built Power Mammoth - feels much more like a proper Zoid with his extending trunk mechanism. Will do Mantis soon as well.

As you may or may not know Deathsaurus has been unwell for some time - his fan wouldn't spin. Today we bit the bullet and dismantled him to try and fix the problem. Turns out the elastic band connecting to the motor had snapped. Good job Hasbro put so many in their toys today so I had spares. It now works again - even though I had to completely dismantle him to fix it.

This in turn incurred a weapons test: Can Deathy's fan power CP03 ? The anser is a resounding YES ! And what's more the bloxs plug that's 3 plugs on one side on arms with a central plug on the other works as an excelent adaptor for the pegs to reverse them.

Daethy had a good strut up and down with the rotating cannon going on his arm.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I did with my crystal Deathsaurer; the band being clear makes it look even better.
    Oooo. I'll have to trythat (if I ever get round to getting a regular Deathy; I I don't want to risk breaking anything in the crystal one)

7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quite right too. I couldn't remember how the inside of Deathy worked for the life of me and was half expecting to find it was something mechanical broken rather han just a rubber band

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Those are pretty cool, yeah we're missing out over here

PLUG N ATAK!

9. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Are any large chains still carrying Zoids over here in the U.S.? It seems like most of them got clearanced out the past year or so.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Dammit Phil, you've inspired me to dig out some of my Zoids again. ;) 

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once again it's all stock the US didn't want. They crop up on eBay every so often at about $15 USD + postage.

We now need to try Deathy with an Elephander gun. And for that we need an Elephander gun, my previous one having perished trying to connect it to Deathy via a Shield Liger Cannon spring.

While searching I did see some other CP03 on eBay....

12. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I picked up a Liger Zero back in October at Toys R Us for 5$. Still haven't built the thing.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Which Elephander gun? I seem to recall it has a fair few... or do you mean tha CP kit?
    I've put a few of my Zoids back together. SUCH damn fun. So far I've done Gojulas Giga, Death Stinger ZS, Darkhorn, and Sturm Tyrann (my personal favourite Zoid, out of all the modern ones I have). I'd LOVE to set them all up, but I just don't have the room (80+ Zoids takes up a LOT of space...!)

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:lol 

No doubt, everytime payres comes around I end up digging for Zoid money.

Look foward to the day when I can build that giant dream display for them

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'd be cheaper just to pay to have me done in so Zoids never get mentioned here again. Then you can all argue about who get's what of Phil's Zoids

The CP15 kit. The Machine Gun on that looks like it mightbe powerable off of the CP03 fan

Gojulas Giga needs buster Eagle cannons, Death Stinger the remote control and SarkHorn CP03

16. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...Damn it. All my Zoids are currently in storage and you guys are making me want to dig them out again. :( 

Sadly, I 'left' Zoids fandom for a bit, mostly due to lack of funds. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Cannonfort in the Japanese releases.

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I used to own only ONE Zoid, and that was Gun Raptor.

I regret selling him now. :(  Anyone know if Zoids are still in stock at major retailers, or am I gonna have to go to eBay for them?

18. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rev Raptor or Gun Sniper ? I don't expect either be too hard to find on eBay.....

I think Cannon Fort was the last regular Zoid I bought. My hands are getting too painful to do cutting the kits up any more - Have done a couple of Blox since then - but even Power Mammoth was difficult last week.

19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In our quest to provide Deathy with more Gatling based weaponary I popped up to the loft to see if I could find the remains of my wrecked CP15. As it happens the little wheel at the end of the Gatling does fit th cable from CP03 so when my new CP15's show up Deathy can use them.

The cable from CP03 also fits the Gattlings on Sissoir Storm and Laser Storm ! So he's currently wandering around with one of them on his arm.

Now why didn't they do more of the cable's from CP03 ? I've only got one and I need more ! The one's on the Shield Liger's Guns (CP01) have a different shaped end.

I must kit Deathy up with CP02 + CP11 & CP03 to give me a winged Deathsaurus with Gattling !