Zoids-Transformers Crossover idea

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TwilightNero, Aug 3, 2011.

1. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    doing some research today, I found out Zoids is owned by Takara-Tomy. So what would you guys think if they every did a Zoids-Transformers Crossover, even as a one off.

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

No.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

The closest thing we'll probably get to a Zoid-former is the newest design for Lio Convoy, who apparently turns into Liger Zero.

4. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I didn't exactly mean transforming Zoids more like a cross universe. Think Transformers/GI Joe

5. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

so basicly transformers with mechapets... yeah, I think the tapedecks might wanna have a word with ya....

6. 13DINO

13DINO DINO_JOKER_RX

News Credits:
    As a extremely huge Zoids fanboy, I can see the good and the bad in this.
    One thing is it would be freakin awesome! Or, it blow so bad.
    The only thing I'm hopin would happen with Zoids is that we can have a new anime with new model kits! :thumb 

7. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I've been using Zoids as the defacto Mecha-Fauna of my TF Universe for years now. Once Habsro got the US distribution rights, that was enough for me to consider it "official enough" the Takara-Tomy merger just sealed the deal.

They're good fun, diaclone-scale, and aesthetically similar. We need SOMETHING to represent Turbo-foxes and such in toy form!

Will Has/Tak/Tom ever do something official? I doubt it! Zoids ficition (such as it is) isn't very TF-fiction-friendly. Plus the US market doesn't seem willing to ever embrace the brand for more than 6 months :/

D/L

8. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was thinking this is a terrible idea, but then I thought about the Dinobots. That could be fucking cool.

9. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Possible plot idea for it, there is an accident with a space bridge that sends a group of Autobots catapulting into another galaxy, in which they land on a planet inhabitited by humans, but also giant mechanical animals (the zoids, but they wouldn't know what they are). I think Chaotic Century would be a better continuity, or a brand new one. but anyways, maybe as a plot twist at the start, autobots are tricked into working for the bad guys, or maybe even used as zoids (Think "only human").

10. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I don't know. The first thing to come to mind are the G1 Predacons.

I know there's a bull Zoid out there somewhere. That in Tantrum's colors would rock. :rock 

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think this would be absolutely sublime. For best results, the crossover should be a Beast Wars/Zoids crossover.

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Personally, just as a thing to make me laugh, I wanna see movie Prime, riding a blade liger, both with their swords out, with Prime yelling, "GIMME YOUR FACE!!!!!"

13. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Being one that adores Zoids I would not be adverse to this. I've always liked the idea of Cybertronians crash landing on Zi as opposed to earth. 83

As far as toys go I think it would be awesome, but with the fiction, I'm not sure how it would work. I'd like to see it played out, yes, but the utmost care would have to be taken, IMO. The cast of characters interacting with each other, the plot setting, which series would be in the forefront -- there are so many factors that have to be taken into consideration.

What's sad is it could really be either a hit or a miss depending on how it's handled. ...Perhaps if it started anew with just the better basis of both remaining? ie Planet Zi & Cybertron's War and their differing political and monarchical standings, Sentient Transforming robots / Sentient Herculean Mechanical Beasts

Meanwhile, a Berserk Fury for ones thoughts [Link]