ZetaToys Kronos (Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Got a link to these?

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    As far along as Zeta Silverbolt is,why hasn't he gone up for preorder.Jeez it is only 2 1/2 Months before the new year.I fear this may be a March/April 2019 Release at this rate,as for Slingshot and Skydive I don't expect them till August/September next year,by which time FansToys may have theirs out.Instead of Zeta's name being that they should change it to Delayz or Zo Slow.

3. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

let's be realistic Fanstoys is not gonna have theirs out before this. I doubt they'll even have one Aerialbot out before this is complete.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Lol

You actually think Fanstoys will have released a full combiner by August next year?

You must be smoking some good shit. I guess all the other 20+ announcements made before them will be put on the back burner.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    Technically its only 5 or 6 FansToys have announced with Warpath,Beachcomber,Brawn,Stunticons,and the Aerialbots,unless I am not aware of others.But still I say Zeta is delaying the crap out of their Aerialbot Set beyond belief,is it so hard for Zeta to give fans what they want,the wait is killing me,but chances are looking pretty slim we will see Silverbolt before Christmas.

6. Zawicki

Fanstoys still doesn't have their Cyclonus, hot rod, trailbreaker, Sixshot, or Blitzwing out either. I'd also consider the stunticons and aerialbots as their individual components. It's not like they're gonna release the entire teams at once.
    I honestly don't think it's that bad. After toyworld losing the designs to Zeta and Zeta choosing to focus on the Combaticons instead I'd say they're moving at a pretty reasonable pace. Also when a preorder goes up we've typically gotten the figure pretty quick after, only exception seemed to be Onslaught.

7. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Im guessing FT will release the teams in pretty quick succession but the question is when are they even going to start releasing the teams
    Menasor looks way further along than Superion now and thats aside from the twenty bajillion other figures they have that look even more ready than either of those two
    I doubt Superion is even going to start until late 2019/2020

8. Maglite

Maglite Well-Known Member

I heard FT was supposed to give an update on their Aerialbots at TFCon. I guess we'll see. I'm waiting to see what - if anything - they show, because I'm on the fence about going with Zeta or FT for the Aerialbots. Zeta has a good price and a pretty good reputation for combiners so far, but the FT sculpts (or what we can see so far) are looking really nice.

I think this set will easily be finished before FT's, I just would like more FT pics and maybe an idea of what the combined mode will be like, as well as a better idea of the final decos for Zeta's set before I commit to either camp.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zawicki

I'd say that's a reasonable guess. I still can't believe dalianjj said they'd have all the combiners done in 2-3 years.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That's 13 figures you've listed, not 5 or 6. Add in Hot Rod, Cyclonus, Sixshot, Blurr, Trailbreaker, Skullcruncher, Scourge and Blitzwing that makes 21 current announced characters ignoring any repaints like Pheonix that also take up factory time.

That being said we've now seen colour shots of Silverbolt and the Superion torso, at the very least that's a cert before the next 2.5 months is over, let alone the other 2 limbs that are essentially retools log the first two. Zeta say they'll be done by the end of 2018, I can't see it personally but by CNY? I wouldn't write them off.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

12. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Has there been any visuals of the much maligned Fanstoys Areialbots?!?

13. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2018-10-8_14-36-54.jpeg [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

So FT's version is quite a bit broader? I wonder what the back kibble situation is going to be.

17. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    You see even FansToys has early testshots of their Aerialbots,whereas Zeta hasn't even released Blitzkrieg yet for their Combaticons,you really think Zeta will have all 5 Aerialbots out before FansToys releases theirs?,but I will concede maybe Zeta will have all 5 of theirs released maybe before FansToys but I am sure they will have atleast 2 out before Zeta finishes theirs.

18. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Blitzkrieg is out and has been for a while now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Wtf did I just read?

• Like Like x 8
  20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You know Hoodlum had test shots out for years, right? You know who's still not out? Hoodlum.

You know what else has test shots, in later stages than any of FT's Aerialbots? The rest of Zeta's Aerialbots.

And Blitzkrieg's been out for a few weeks now. So Bruticus isn't holding up the line anymore.

Now, let's take a minute and be realistic. 3Ps always think stuff is gonna be done way sooner than it actually takes. Do I think Zeta us really going to finish Superior this year? Probably not. But Silverbolt is looking pretty far along. I do think we'll see him by the end of the year. But remember that Zeta has been releasing the limb bots in pairs, and that the last two Aerialbots are likely to share a lot of engineering with the first two. I'm skeptical that they'll make it this year, but I do expect the last two to hit at the same time early 2019.

Meanwhile, FT's track record has been to reveal everything super early, especially if someone else is doing the character. Actual literal years go by between reveal and release. My guess is that Quietus, Hydra, and maybe Phoenix X will be out before the end of the year. Who knows what the order is after that? We've got a ton more announced products from them.

So yeah, I really think Zeta is going to have all their Aerialbots out before FT gets even one out. I'm saying, conservatively, that they'll almost certainly be done by Q1 2019. If FT's first Aerialbot were next after Quietus and Hydra, which is almost certainly not the case, you might get one in that time period. But depending on how many figures are actually between Quietus/Hydra and an Aerialbot you could just as easily not see any FT Aerialbots at all in 2019.

• Like Like x 4