ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Glyder

Glyder Well-Known Member

Same here. But if Brawl has moving treads and the combined mode is as big and stable as Constructor I may bite on the whole set!
    Because allthough the individual bots had some flaws, Constructor himself is the most stable and posable combiner I ever owned. That he is also by far the biggest is a nice bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  2. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Just don't fall down the MP stand-in rabbit hole like I did everybody ... I picked up Toyworld's Constructor because I desperately needed a MP stand-in for the Constructicons in my S1 display and I've been left bitterly dissappointed due to their build quality and overall feeling of cheapness ...

3. mlbfan

mlbfan Well-Known Member

Like they should be because that's the way they were originally designed in the G1 toy? And, if, like Constructor, these are supposed to be a "faithful" update to the original, then I agree.

To each his own. This set does look amazing, but the Bruticus configuration doesn't match my likes. I hate Blast Off being upside down - never made sense to me. Vortex makes more sense with his front in the air instead of his tail, to me. He has a turret that can be used by Bruticus to surprise attack any enemies from behind! (In my imagination.)

And, like Brawl, I wish Swindle was turned around!

It's why i went with Warbotron and glad I did!

4. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Personally I'd be perfectly happy with a bigger G1 toy with added articulation and detailing, I was never really a fan of most of the Animation models.

5. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I get that. I wasn't talking about uranos anymore... I was just wondering if people like the idea of a combiner that is YOOOOGE, like that would tower over non-combining bots... or if they just want the limbs to be MP sized (which you already answered). I wasn't trying to incite any riots, just curious lol

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Ahh I gotcha haha :) 

Well, if the limbs are all seeker sized each, and with Silverbolt himself being seeker sized (or larger), I assume we'll have another big combiner like Constructor.

I like my (MP) combiners to be pretty accurate (huge). If he's a bit smaller than Constructor, I won't complain.

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh I'm sorry. Aren't you the guy that tells us all Devastator is made out of the super sized construction vehicles? That'd make him even waaaay bigger than Superion. Or are you disagreeing a Concorde is a lot bigger than any of the jets used?

But then we all know these things go by robot height and not vehicle scale don't we Bruticus/Defensor. *insert witty gif*

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:

I think I found one... lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My head canon was always around twice the height of megatron because that's about how tall he looked during the attack on Autobot city. My view might be colored a bit by the fact that, as a kid with the comics and a vhs copy of the movie, and living on an overseas army base with no access to the cartoon series, most of my childhood exposure to the character was the movie. I know he's wildly varied in size from episode to episode and comic to comic but I like the way cw devy scales with the mp transformers. If I were to buy any more combiners, I'd want them that size. Besides, any bigger and my detolf wouldn't be able to hold him.

11. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Hopefully this week we get more prototype pics,of the robot modes Im really curious to see how Toyworld figured out how to do brawl treads moving and have him able to transform to the limb,because in limb mode his treads split. I guess the working treads will be divided?

12. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    So far, the only set that I'm aware of that's made of the mining type of construction equipment, is Hercules (I mention the Bay version now only to say that it's not worth mentioning). Most or all other sets are normal sized construction equipment. which are most definitely larger than regular road vehicles, but most definitely not larger than jets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I don't do "stand-in's." Anything I purchase I pretty much plan on keeping and am happy with. The TW constructicons aren't stand-in's for me either - when FT releases theirs in 2018/2019 I *may* consider replacing - but that won't be for another few years.

As for stuff like Warbotron and such... also not stand ins. I never shoehorn or try my hardest to convince myself something that is clearly not "MP" to be "MP." Warbo Bruticus looks lovely in my voyager/CHUG collection (and that's where he belongs).

TW Bruticus though .. depending on how accurate they try to make it to the OX style will be a deal breaker for me. I think the OX style Bruticus is fak'ing terrible.

We'll see though!

14. teemu8

teemu8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So wait for Fans Toys then?

15. Acid Storm

Acid Storm I'm Keith

Would be awesome to see Silverbolt as a proper Concorde with no robot bits floating underneath.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well I did say 'some'. That being said I'd be very surprised if a dump truck, crane or cement mixer are smaller than a Harrier or an f16. I know the f15 is probably the biggest of the limbs.

17. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

So we will get a Concord SST, F-15, F-16, F-4 and Sea Harrier Jump Jet.

While Transformission's IDW Menasor is MP scale in vehicle mode, the combined mode is 38cm tall. There is always difficulty to balance vehicle scaling with bot scaling and combined scaling. So far, the Takara MP line managed to get all the bot modes to scale, the majority of the car vehicles, and perhaps the F-15 jets in terms of G1 toy relative scaling with other cars?

Anyway, scaling is tough to talk about. In short, bot heights are prioritised, with some attempts at cars and trucks being to real scale or relative scale.

• Like Like x 1
  18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get a proper Sea Harrier FRS.1. I don't think many 3P companies are aware of exactly what variants the Aerialbots were, and even fewer are likely to make the effort to pick the correct 1/72 scale model kit to copy from.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Aw man, you're missing out on all the times the gestalts were gigantic lol... Starscream standing on Bruticus' shoulder, Bruticus holding Megs in his hand... all kinds of insane scale continuity errors lol

20. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this looks like that then I'll blow up.

I know TW don't give an f but a faceplate and wrist mount would be rad.