ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather get 2 guns instead of 2 heads. The jet doesn't look right with only 1 wing fully armed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Sorry, in case people were confused by my lousy phone message, I was saying I hope they aren’t changing the head, Not asserting that they weren’t. They may well be doing so, and I have no doubt there is always demand for more toon. But if toon is the only option, I’ll pass.

3. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I think the option would be best, I'm honestly not sure which look I'd prefer and I think that some will look better with toy heads and others with cartoon heads so if I had the choice, I'd mix and match!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Well-Known Member

Okay, looking for a hard answer here:

Are they re-using the thigh fillers again, a la Constructor?

I could have (barely) lived with it (the concept, not the toy itself) on Devastator because you could be extra weaselly and just say it was an "homage" to the G1 toy, but for any other combiner team this seems like extreme lazysauce to me.

When the grey-scale reveals came out 3 months ago, everyone was speculating that they WOULD use the thigh pieces, if only to keep Supes in scale with Devy, but looking at the most recent colorized photos, those actually DO look like Silverbolt's thighs/shins at the top of the Superion knee.

Cuz here's the thing: No parts forming thigh piece = Grail. Partsforming thigh piece = lazy piece of crap I wont put on my shelves.

Can anyone supply a concrete answer, perhaps even site a source (all of you "I read it on so-and-so's message board" or " I know a guy who said he knows a guy who said some stuff" NEED NOT APPLY KKTHXBAI).

Also, am I a G1 Rageaholic just because I think the toys should have been released in the same order the associated teams premiered on the show?

Lolz.

5. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Well-Known Member

Okay, not a "Postcount" baby, but too twitchy to look for the "edit" button, so heres my follow-on question:

Any pics/speculation on the inclusion and PROPER POSITIONING of Superion's forearm cannon?

6. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

It most definitely has a thigh piece, in one of the side on pics of sups you can see silverbolts legs folded up behind the bot.

This is a good thing, and the thigh piece is what gives constructor it' size, stability and crazy poseability.

It's the same for their bruticus too, so it shouldn't come as a shock.

If you can't accept that these are not the sets for you. But you're missing out....:p 

• Like Like x 4
  7. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Sorry have to disagree with you. The parts forming thighs on Constructor was a stroke of 'genius' and gave him some incredible range of articulation and solidity.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

If you're a G1 rageaholic you should be fine with partsforming...

• Like Like x 6
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what's the word on Fireflight?

10. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    The thighs and crotch have pieces that wrap around silverbolts torso and attach

11. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Well-Known Member

Parts-forming has ALWAYS been a part of Transformers toys going all the way back to G1. Prime’s fists were parts formed, all the seeker fists, fists on Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Hoist, etc. ANd ALL the Scramble City combiners, like G1 Superion, required you to add feet, fists, chest panels, in order to build the combined mode bot. As others have said, using “parts-formed” thighs to add stability to the combined mode and allow for a more G1-looking gestalt is completely in-line with how they used to do it, and is an ingenious way to do it.

If anything, you’re being truer to G1 by embracing the parts-forming, especially on a combined!

The main reason the majority of the 3P combiners out there are unstable in combined mode is because of the avoidance of using parts-forming. Something always suffers — be it robot or alternate mode — to accommodate the extra parts. Make them a separate add-on and you can better make the bot and alt modes truer to source, and have a combiner that does the same.

As far as I’m concerned, bring on the fake thighs, if it gets me a massively well-built and stable Superion! Might not make it onto your shelf, but he’ll be on mine!

• Like Like x 6
  12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Much as I'd love it not to be the case, I agree wholeheartedly with the partsforming. If there were some way to avoid it, great, but having seen the figures that do avoid it and you're right, stability is an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mikequillm

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, if they all had toy heads I would still get them. I was just commenting on what the majority has asked for. Mine will be in combined mode so if the individual bots had Miley Cyrus heads I would still be happy lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikequillm

News Credits:
    I don't believe we will see silverbolt before April. Hope I'm wrong

15. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I'm usually a fierce anti-partforming person (or FAPPER... wait, no...) but even I've made peace with combiner kibble.

And if you're going to kibble hands, feet & chest plate, you might as well kibble the hips. If combiner wars proved anything it's that there's no really satisfying way to work the combined mode's hips and thighs into a torso bot. It always looks wrong or falls down or both. I say bring on the fake hips!

• Like Like x 5
  16. mikequillm

News Credits:
    My aunt has a fake hip and none of the guys complain

• Like Like x 10
  17. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

You're going to need to have partsformed components with the limbs being designed the way they are. You aren't going to hide a hand or a foot in a weapon pod, and CW has demonstrated that it necessary. I cannot see a larger toy getting away with anything less than a fair bit of parts assistance that aren't a component of each individual bot. Also, the bigger the toy, the more reinforcement any of its load bearing components will need to be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Partsformed hips/thighs/knees is the only way I will buy a combiner now. It gives me the scale I want and amazing stability and posability that can't be achieved with an "all-in-one" transformation.

• Like Like x 6
  19. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

But does it partsform ;p ?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    ZB-02's head is reasonably close to his cartoon iteration; certainly close enough that people can overlook it. Cartoon Fireflight, on the other hand, has a FACE, not a facePLATE. Apples to oranges.