ZetaToys Armeggedon Combiner (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Wow, I’ve seen the old TW pic of Constructor and Bruticus, also the color zeta shots. In my excitement for this release it would be nice that someone that gets a sneak peak would pose him next to Constructor since zeta probably won’t.

Thank you for your responses of their are colored shots of him alone, and once he’s released there will be pics in this thread. That has be very enlightening and thought provoking.lol

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Try and help by pointing out that your request has already been done and you just get snark back. Classy.

I'm not sure it being in colour will completely change things but hey, whatever floats your boat.

3. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

i really like racket. just so smartly yet simply designed. feels like a brick but is able to emote in various posses. perfect zeta. the flip chest and cod piece are very nice touches. the freaking suspension and front linkages on the front wheels ahere a real treat for me

if zeta could just get some better tollereanced head ball joints that would be great

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ragnar454

There has been a few releases I wanted next to Constructor but the reviewer didn’t have him or don’t show him.

If he is released then I would have him and don’t need threads to see what it looks like.

Water is wet you can thank me for pointing that out to you.

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    And the snark continues! Such a lovely person :) 

6. Ragnar454

I’m sorry for getting short

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Well I went ahead and placed my order for Constructor with Chosen Prime! I know Fanstoys teased one and that was the last thing holding me back but thats gotta be years off at best.
    I'm only interested in 3 combiners:
    #1 Devastator
    #2 Bruticus
    #3 Superion
    (I also have a soft spot for Abominus but maybe not a several hundred dollar soft spot)

Toyworld and Zeta have me covered on 1 and 2 but I'm not sold on Zetas Superion yet and I havent seen enough of FT Superion yet so that slot is still up in the air.

I really psyched to see Armeggedon and Constructor on the same shelf! Its kind of strange how nearing completion on Zeta Armeggedon reignited my urge for Constructor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

I still haven't figured out what I'm doing and it's giving me a headache.

Would anyone who is getting both UT and Zeta Bruticus' be able to show how the UT Swindle looks in alt mode along side Zeta's Brawl and Vortex in alt mode? One way or another I know I want an alt mode set. I kind of prefer the Willys over the Humvee though.

9. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Here you go:

zeta vor brawl uts.jpg

Unfortunately, even thought Zeta's Combaticons are bigger than UT's, they're not so much bigger that they scale to UT Swindle in alt mode. Even though UT Swindle still seems like a jeep for giants compared to Zeta Vortex and Brawl, the size difference isn't as bad as it is between UT Swindle, Brawl and Onslaught.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

Thanks. He's large but it has a nice G1 feel about them. I mean that looks like a solid representation for 3/4 of the original team.

I watched the original cartoon sparingly as a child and very sporadic as an adult. I watched a little bit of Beast Wars and Some Beast Machines. A little bit of Prime and that's it. I've spent the last hour or so relaxing on the couch watching a few episodes of Power of the Primes and Titans Returns.

In the original cartoon; Prime would come up to a combiner's knee cap or so, right? In Titans Returns it looks like (with the exception of Volcanus (or whatever the Dinobot combiner is called) a typical male bot comes up to their waist. Did I see that right? Did they shrink the combiners?

11. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    No, the hasbro stuff has just gone to shit

12. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

I meant in the cartoon. In one of the episodes Perceptor was almost waist height it looked like. I think it was one of the Power of the Primes episodes. Had a female combiner, Predaking (who I always envisioned as more savage and less fluent in speaking) and then the Dinobots who were great....then they combined. Why does everything need to combine? /shrug

13. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Heres a pic, it was recently on reddit

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

Ok, so knee height. I think I'm starting to aggravate my wife now. She just yelled at me to "Buy the damn one, sell the others and stop asking me what you should do!"

...and yet I'm still struggling to pull that trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I’m glad you had the guts to bite the bullet. Do you have some form of omega? I just wondered since it’d be unfair with just superion vs devy and bruticus. Superion does look good though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Emphy

Emphy Well-Known Member

Airbrushing project progress on Brawl. Will do weathering as well. Still need to paint the threads and some details.

brawl1.jpg brawl2.jpg brawl3.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

18. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

OK I'm gonna say it, his feet are comically ridiculous, but overall he's more successful in bot mode than the other 3.
    His arm cannon is shoddy, so probably won't use that.

What I really do like, and totally missed it seems, is that you can spin his chest and crotch plates to have a more toon like appearance, which looks far better imo.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Weren’t the thighs silver at one point?

20. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

No idea tbh, they were on brawl in the prototype and they came out as black plastic instead so its possible.

• Like Like x 1