ZetaToys Armeggedon Combiner (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Uproar from TCP last night and I couldn't wait to just enjoy bot mode for a minute (which is the mode he comes shipped in) and tore right into the full transformation. Not much to Brawl really and nearly every transformation regardless of company goes roughly the same. The one major difference with Uproar are those tank treads which pop apart fairly easily. I understand this is more than likely by design so that the plastic pieces don't snap or stress, but be prepped to have them pop apart when you're attempting to unfold the entire length of the tread mechanism into place... on both sides. If you're prepped for it you can take it slow and perhaps avoid the popping apart, but doubtful. It will probably still come apart. At least you'll be warned though and perhaps knowing what to expect will aid some in not having parts come apart and perhaps even break. Once the tread comes completely off feeding it back through to get the tread back on the wheel mechanism is an exercise in intense patience- like the game Operation only with more brow sweat and yelling. Once everything is together though he's really great looking in both modes and feels proper beefy and spot on right for the character. But bruh... those treads.

If only Zeta Vortex didn't look so wrong (i.e., the alt mode feels wrong for the character) and I hate those helicopter cockpit feet. Like with a passion.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Well-Known Member

May you display pics please?

3. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I'm away from the figure at the moment. I'm sure others will be getting theirs soon enough though and then we'll all be loaded down with more pics than we know what to do with! :D 

4. Blazing Mewtwo

K. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blazing Mewtwo

Are these Zeta Combaticons worth the money?

6. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

Why I didn't want working treads. Oh well, still so excited.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zawicki

In my humble opinion they are.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Blazing Mewtwo

I hope there's a Ruination version coming. Id love to see this guy in blue camo!

• Like Like x 1
  9. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, for the price they are asking I can even overlook the more chugster-piece aspects of their design. Not to mention the incredible shelf presence the combined mode will have.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blazing Mewtwo

Cool

11. Blazing Mewtwo

And all the playability of the leftover combined parts

12. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah I don’t like the feet either. It looks like he’s wearing sandals.

D31FC4AD-0996-4EE6-90E7-CC7ECD5C4BF1.jpeg
    EB13E07B-7BDA-450A-A15B-E77CDD7E8640.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least it’s better with the smokey translucent plastic than the original with the purple.

14. Blazing Mewtwo

Does Brawl come with the foot?

15. Zawicki

• Like Like x 2
  16. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Well-Known Member

Depends what you're looking for in the set. If you only care about the combined mode and/or you like the aesthetic of the bot modes then yes. Personally, I think the bot modes are hideous and the transformations are boring and un-creative. Bot at $60 a piece, I think they are worth it for the combined mode.

I would not be in it for the individual bots though.

17. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Comes with two feet.... :) 

• Like Like x 6
  18. Blazing Mewtwo

:lol  I meant the Bruticus foot!:rolleyes: 

19. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. Terrible way to work out what to do with the cockpit IMHO. Besmirches an otherwise great figure.

And to the person who asked if the set is worth it. I can't speak for all of them as I've only purchased Uproar thus far, but IMO the answer is yes. I was always a fan of what Toyworld was going for and even though I didn't adore every design overall I happily took the so-so with the great. Zeta seems to be running with that same ball and feels like what would have happened if early TFC had been a bit more beefy and with better QC.

After purchasing Uproar I'm actually torn as to which current Bruticus set is best. I like some of what UT is doing and I like some from Zeta. This is perfectly illustrated by the fan who posted a picture of two of Zeta's Bruticus bots with UT's Onslaught. The match up felt right and even though I respect that they aren't cross-compatible as far as combining I can see some putting bot mode displays together that mix and match.

What this really comes down to is an embarrassment of riches in the form of choice. I will probably never purchase Zeta's Blast-off or Vortex, but I do plan to keep Uproar and will buy their Swindle (and possibly Onslaught) and may even (as mentioned) create a mixed display. It's a pretty cool thing that we don't have to choose one or the other. The long and short answer is.. Zeta's set seems great and so does UT's. Which you decide to invest in really comes down to what works for you aesthetically and how much you can afford to spend.

That's a negative ghost rider. From what I've heard tell Onslaught will come with all of the add-on bits. Uproar comes with a few extra pieces of tread, a gun and two antennas to be attached in tank mode.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    To an addict, every fix is worth the money in return for the bliss that you get when you open that package....

I think the this Zeta set is totally worth it if you're planning on displaying in combined or alt mode. If you are more of a bot man (as most are), that's when you've got to ask yourself if you dig Zeta's look. To many, the bot modes are kind of weak - especially compared to the Unique Toys direct competition. If you're looking for a big ass combined bot - I wouldn't count out the OS JB Warbotron Bruticus that is also a very nice figure - both in alt, bot, and combined mode. Just a bit more kibble looking - but not so far off from Zeta and a hell of a lot cheaper than Zeta or Unique Toys.

For the Unique Toy figures at $74 shipped vs. Zeta at $58 shipped - the price difference isn't massive. At this point, I think most could probably eat the price differential and just purchase the figures that most appeal to them.

I'm getting both (as I have this sickness) - but based on what I've cracked open to far - I really like the UT versions better.

Just my 2 cents from 1 addict to another...

• Like Like x 2