ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

:lol  I meant the Bruticus foot!:rolleyes: 

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. Terrible way to work out what to do with the cockpit IMHO. Besmirches an otherwise great figure.

And to the person who asked if the set is worth it. I can't speak for all of them as I've only purchased Uproar thus far, but IMO the answer is yes. I was always a fan of what Toyworld was going for and even though I didn't adore every design overall I happily took the so-so with the great. Zeta seems to be running with that same ball and feels like what would have happened if early TFC had been a bit more beefy and with better QC.

After purchasing Uproar I'm actually torn as to which current Bruticus set is best. I like some of what UT is doing and I like some from Zeta. This is perfectly illustrated by the fan who posted a picture of two of Zeta's Bruticus bots with UT's Onslaught. The match up felt right and even though I respect that they aren't cross-compatible as far as combining I can see some putting bot mode displays together that mix and match.

What this really comes down to is an embarrassment of riches in the form of choice. I will probably never purchase Zeta's Blast-off or Vortex, but I do plan to keep Uproar and will buy their Swindle (and possibly Onslaught) and may even (as mentioned) create a mixed display. It's a pretty cool thing that we don't have to choose one or the other. The long and short answer is.. Zeta's set seems great and so does UT's. Which you decide to invest in really comes down to what works for you aesthetically and how much you can afford to spend.

That's a negative ghost rider. From what I've heard tell Onslaught will come with all of the add-on bits. Uproar comes with a few extra pieces of tread, a gun and two antennas to be attached in tank mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    To an addict, every fix is worth the money in return for the bliss that you get when you open that package....

I think the this Zeta set is totally worth it if you're planning on displaying in combined or alt mode. If you are more of a bot man (as most are), that's when you've got to ask yourself if you dig Zeta's look. To many, the bot modes are kind of weak - especially compared to the Unique Toys direct competition. If you're looking for a big ass combined bot - I wouldn't count out the OS JB Warbotron Bruticus that is also a very nice figure - both in alt, bot, and combined mode. Just a bit more kibble looking - but not so far off from Zeta and a hell of a lot cheaper than Zeta or Unique Toys.

For the Unique Toy figures at $74 shipped vs. Zeta at $58 shipped - the price difference isn't massive. At this point, I think most could probably eat the price differential and just purchase the figures that most appeal to them.

I'm getting both (as I have this sickness) - but based on what I've cracked open to far - I really like the UT versions better.

Just my 2 cents from 1 addict to another...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stygian360

News Credits:
    I think the price differential debate does a disservice of sorts to the validity of Zeta's Bruticus bots. One could infer that their lower price is the only reason to defer to Zeta's, which wouldn't be enough of an incentive for me even at $60. That's like saying everyone should eat at Olive Garden because they have tons of available parking. If you like something price is rarely a stopping point but it's amazing how tight fisted we fellow "addicts" can get when even a seemingly cheap thing doesn't fit the bill. All of a sudden even $60 seems like $1000.

For what it's worth Zeta's figures could cost more and I think they'd be worth every penny.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Blazing Mewtwo

K. I think I will get Zeta.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Thanks for the heads up, I guess knowing this now I can’t be surprised about the treads same thing I think happened to some with the constructor.

Zeta should have included extra treads just in case.

But it’s good to know that’s the only issue you had and that he feels proper and look great in both modes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stygian360

News Credits:
    They did... and depending what trouble you run into you may need them.

The way the treads thread into the leg/rear tank section is also a bit of a pain. But YMMV as to whether this is a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm pretty sure BensCollectables posted a pic a day or two ago, that he had received a copy. I'm surprised he hasn't dropped a review yet

• Like Like x 3
  9. Blazing Mewtwo

I'd love to see this

10. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    He had a vote up to decide which figure he received would be reviewed first. MPM Barricade was winning, Uproar will likely be after as it was in 2nd.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    EFAEAEDE-6618-44A5-9571-13E0D19C8315.jpeg When youre a TFS customer and they dont even have the figure in when other people on this board already have it

• Like Like x 3
  12. Blazing Mewtwo

K

13. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Went through TCP today and Thursday is the day.
    Then in tank mode it will stay until Bruticus I play.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

The only reason I'm going with this set is combined mode, mostly driven by scale. Constructor has raised the bar on how I think MP combiners should scale. Unfortunately that means that stuff I already have, as well as other options like UT just don't cut it in combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Roadblock? Is that you???

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No surprise there.

A lot of people jump ship from one retailer to another once a release starts to pop up. It's as if the in-hand pictures from other collectors are daggers thru the heart when you've reserved/pre-ordered. lol..

• Like Like x 2
  17. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Ben’s review:

• Like Like x 11
  18. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^ The treads look like a total pain in the neck.....

Anyway, the leg mode looks like a rock...

• Like Like x 2
  19. funkified

funkified Well-Known Member

the battle of the bulge continues! but i guess he is a tank, so at least he has an excuse! And as per the sentiment about the other members feet, its good to see he has real feet! Its a shame about dem treads tho......

20. TF3D

TF3D Ld_78

News Credits:
    I'm concentrating on combined mode!
    He will be huge ..

• Like Like x 1