Zero deluxes on West Coast shelves

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dasaffe, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I've been scanning the Washington, California and Oregon sightings threads and it looks like we're all in the same boat.

Here in the Portland area there are a lot of Targets with ZERO deluxes on their shelves. Totally wiped out for multiple days.

With a new wave hitting soon, I'd imagine that everything will turn around, but I just can't remember a time when an entire class of toys was out of stock in the middle of a line at Target.

It's happening at Fred Meyer, too, but that's a little more precedented.

Here in Oregon, it seems we've only had a couple sightings of the new deluxe wave (08 bumblebee where are you?) in the central part of the state (where new stuff usually pops first).

I talked to a toy manager/stock guy at Target and he said the deluxes are going like gang-busters. I read a similar account from a poster on this board.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    I actually saw an employee re-stocking the pegs of wave 1 deluxes @ wood village walmart yesterday.
    I walked by once, nothing but wreckage & protforms. Hit the lego aisle, came back & he was putting up all the wave-1's:) 
    No new figs though sadly.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I visited a TRU close to my house last week and they were sold out of deluxes too.

4. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    every store I visited here in Albuquerque is also totally empty of Deluxes. Voyagers are clogging the shelves. At one TRU they were spilling out onto the aisle. Must have been 50+ right there.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plenty of deluxes to be found in Fremont, CA. Only catch is, it's all the same wave 1 crap. I'm gonna stab someone next time I walk into walmart and I only see wave 1 and shitscream/optimuspoop protogarbage.

Plenty of wreckage, jazz, swindle, roboturds(protoform things), just no barricade and bumblebee

6. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

I went to a Union City Walmart and all they had left were brawls, real gear, ledgends and voice changing helmets... freaky

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but being sold out is a good thing, with a little bit of patience it means stores will be ordering tons of wave 3 to restock so that means plenty of bumblebees to go around. Now wave 4 ? That mights be alot harder to find if sales slow down

8. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just stunned that the line is doing so well. As far as I can tell all the Target/Wal-Marts are restocking each week and selling out completely by Sunday or so. Wild.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Some of the Targets around here have been wiped on deluxes too. I see a lot of people (usually parents with their kids) looking at the TF movie stuff just about any time I go toy shopping.

10. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

yeah I'm trying not to resort to ebay for now since the wave is new.

11. IodaFett

IodaFett Oregon TF Collector

*above poster*

I'm with ya on that one.

Salem TRU - totally wiped of deluxes. They now have Megatrons though. (LOL)

Salem Wal-Mart - Slightly wiped of deluxes, still wave 1.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stopped at my local WM this morning and found ten pegs JAMMED with wave 1 deluxes.

I had to stop back by this evening, and checked again out of curiosity. There were less than half of them left. I kid you not, about 30-40 deluxes gone in 12 hours.

13. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got lucky yesterday at wal*mart, They had everything even the new FAB's

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Everywhere I go its wiped out, the occasional Brawl and Scorponok say "HAI!", but otherwise its just Bonecrusher, Wreckage and Swindle chilling on the near empty pegs.
    RESTOCK ALREADEH @_@
    DN

15. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Ahem, not to sound contradictory, but at the walmart here in bend I found a couple dreadwings(Yick) Arcees (yay) and 08 Bumblebee (yay). Already have an Arcee, so wasn't interested.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Just went TF hunting today and found only a handful ( 3-5 ) of Deluxes at each store. They were mostly Swindle and Bonecrusher with a sparatic(sp?) Brawl or Wreckage. When they finally start getting the new wave, I shouldn't have any trouble finding the new Bee. If all the stores restock and fill the pegs, there will be plenty.

17. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just went went hunting today... Walmart south LA, Target, west Hollywood, and everything was EMPTY... all I saw was some Voyager Ironhides, tons of Real Gear stuff, Helmets, Cyperstompers, but bearly any deluxes, and usually was Boncrusher or Brawl...Not even HEROS, i could find... I mean its really bad out here in So Cal West side area....I went yesterday to TRU and Target in Inglwood...and Nothing but wave 1 stuff and a few hereos, that I already had...

For now I think I may just order the Hereos 5 pack from WAL site.....

18. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Almost every store I've been to the last week or so has been totaly bare.

*I should have bought Leader Prime when I had the chance*

19. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just went again and nothing at the Target in Culver city but a FAB Optimus prime and lots of Brawls FAB....they also had tons of Ratchets (Vyager) and a few Starscreams.....lots of Real Gear stuff....and still no Hereos..... as for TRU... the same thing, had a few heros sets, but stuff I already had....as for everything else...pretty dry....

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I haven't seen a deluxe at retail in a very long time....

Nowhere I go seems to have them, it's ridiculous.

I went to a Target last week, they had Arcee (who I picked up), Dreadwing (little to no interest in)....and no Bumblebee. The fact that they had the other two was a sad realization that I missed out on 08 BB ;_;

I talked to a Target employee and they said the best time to check is on Sundays because they usually get new stock then.