Zen Pinball 2 PS3/Vita

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Picked up the PS3 version of Zen Pinball 2 yesterday. Redownloaded all my Marvel tables. Bough the Plants vs Zombies table and the Street Fighter table.

I played the Plants vs Zombies table for about an hour last night. Racked up 161 Million and was listed as #17 on the leaderboards when I went to bed! Doubt that's held up though. The PvZ table is one of the best they've done. Great use of the license, and a fun table layout.

Also, if you own a Ps3 and a Vita, all the tables are cross buys. So you get both versions for the price of 1.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to try this in three dee tonight!

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Is this the same Zen Pinball as the one on Android? The Nvidia Tegra Zone's one, to be precise. Came with Sorcerer's Lair free.

If it is, I will have a hard time resisting the urge to buy a Vita. I have been trying my best to avoid it, but if it is available....damn....I'd want one even more...

EDIT: Oh crap. It is. It is the same one that's on my Tegra 3 tablet. I'm going to have such a hard time not buying a Vita now. I love pinball games and Zen Pinball on my Droid Tablet (with those beautiful Tegra 3 graphics) wastes so much of my free time its not funny. If the tables can be transferred from Vita/PS3 to my Asus TF Prime, I predict I'll be $400 poorer very very soon.

4. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks like tables are only compatible with PS3/Vita. But, most of them are only $2.50. I'll probably pick up the Ninja Gaiden table as well.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This company single-handedly made me interested in pinball.

6. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Pinball is something I've loved since childhood. Digital pinball isn't quite as fun, but Zen has done one of the best jobs at recreating the fun I have while playing a well made machine.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I Love the Moon Knight Table! Love it!

8. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Finally got a chance to play the Street Fighter table. It kind of sucks. Especially when compared to all the other tables. It doesn't feel anythign like a Street Fighter themed table. Very generic. At least the Plants vs Zombies table is top notch.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still need to pick up Epic Quest on the PS3. I got it on the iPad, but I'd much rather play it with shoulder buttons.

10. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I've bought all the tables. I like to support companies that allow games to be used on both systems for no extra charge (the only reason I bought foosball :redface2: ). The 3D holds up nicely. It really looked cool on the Infinity Gauntlet table when Thanos uses the Reality gem and turns the table upside down. That took a little getting used to. I suck horribly at pinball, but most of these tables make it interesting to try out.

11. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Vita version looks fantastic btw.