Zelda Retrospective Videos

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Deefuzz, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anybody been watching these?

I've seen them posted over at Joystiq, I think they are releasing a new video each week, all leading up to the Twilight Princess release.

Three out so far, and I am having a wonderfully nostalgic trip back in time with each installment

For those who haven't seen them:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

and that's all so far, I know there will be at least one more part released, but I would assume two more parts. Enjoy!

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

man those are cool....Nintendo Power also has Zelda "Best of" in their issues leading up to the TP release.

man i so can't wait for Zelda (i pre-ordered the game even though i couldn't pre-order a Wii)

3. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

I am really impressed with those. It really is a walk down memory lane. Very well done. I eagerly await the completion of the series, as I am curious to see what they say about windwaker.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Nice find! I've got my Wii and Zelda pre-ordered. Can't wait.

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Whoa that was awesome. Time well spent.

6. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *sigh* Good times, good times.

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

That brought a tear to my eye.

Zelda = BEST SERIES EVER

8. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

What a great series of games, I would have to say the second game was my favorite.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

OoT was hands down my favorite, and Zelda 2 comes in 2nd.

10. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

As a kid, I always liked Zelda 2 better than the original. I think I liked the fact that it was slightly different. Link to the Past blew my socks off. Back in undergrad, my roomate and I both competed to see who can finish the game first, as neither of us had the game when we were in high school. I think I came out on top. I remember cheering when I beat the game and one of my other roomates heard me, ran out cheered too, ran in a circle, and then promptly ran back to his room. It was hilarious.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool videos! I've never played "A Link to the Past" but this video has me yearning to track down a copy. And no matter how much I tried, I could never get into "Majora's Mask." But Zelda's 1, 2, "Ocarina of Time," and "Wind Waker" were like God-sends to me. I look forward to Twilight Princess next month!

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they ALL rock in their own ways! I have all the zelda games minus the two that shall not be named that weren't made by nintendo *shudders* I'm in the middle of a zelda marathon, I hope to finish just in time for TP.

13. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Zelda is one of my all time favorite game series. I can play Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Windwaker non-stop. I never could get into Zelda 2... it was just too much of a departure from what I liked about Zelda for me to get into. Majora's Mask... depends on my mood. It had some GREAT moments in it, but it was definitely something I could only play twice... once to beat it, another time to get everything. Oni-Link ROCKED.

To this day, I still feel OoT is by far the BEST Zelda game to ever be created.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...you WHAT?! You cant legally own a game console without playing that game!

LttP is still my favorite. Orarina of Time was just as fun but Link to the Past always seemed so fluid and polished, I've played it all the way from following my uncle in the rainy night to firing sacred arrows into Ganon's snout a hundred times and I can still get lost in how big and complex it gets.

And to this day, for being the biggest underdog hero rescues princess franchise, I'm amazed Link doesn't ever get the girl... Not really anyway.

15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

The remarkable thing about the Zelda series, IMO, is how far they've come from a storytelling perspective. The recent major Zelda titles (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker) have been just so awesome, and so genuinely moving...I think they almost made me cry once or twice. Videogames like that are kinda rare.

But anyway, I'm loving these videos. Not only are they a nostalgic trip, but they're kinda educational, esp. for the younger gamers or those that picked up on gaming later in life. They're definitely worth spreading around. One nitpick: I always was under the impression that ocarina is pronounced ockareena, not oakareena.

Oh, and hey, Zelda fans, don't forget that you can still get real working Zelda-style ocarinas...http://www.songbirdocarina.com/. I'm not affiliated with the site or anything, but I think it's cool & I wanted to spread the word. Great "Sparkle Season" gifts! ;-) They have the "potato" design and a soprano pendant with the Triforce on it too.

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today I picked up "A Link to the Past" for my GBA. :D  What a fun game.

17. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Any idea when Part IV is coming?

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like they put it up over the weekend.
    Check out Part 4 here

Only one more installment to go, presumably to be released this weekend, I'll update the thread when I see it.

19. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Here is Part 5

I am really, really appreciating this. I have had Zelda fever ever since I started watching this. I can't wait to see next weeks.

It is also really interesting to see how much visual style changes during the game, after watching the wind waker part and then watching the preview for next week with Twilight Princess, my eyes did a double take. Both have the feel of Zelda, yet one looks like a cartoon show and one looks like it was taken directly out of Lord of the Rings. My anticipation has reached critical mass. I don't know if I can't wait this next week or not.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear ya man. the new HD videos (direct-feed) on IGN last night did me in. seeing those just made me want to PLAY. the others made me want to have , but these... it was like watching over someone's shoulder and its driving me nuts! so pretty... so fun looking...