Zelda Link to the Past Help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by samtheman, Jul 10, 2009.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I beat the Wizard and he sent me to the Dark World however I dont have the Moon Pearl to keep from turning into a rabbit. I can go back to the normal world and go to the montain place but you have to be able to turn back to a rabbit to go to where the Moon pearl is.

So I guess to solve this problem I would need a way to get into the third dungeon without having to turn into a rabbit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Look at the terrain. You have to walk north as a rabbit, then use the magic mirror. It's near where the one dude is bullying the other character, kicking him around. You will reappear in the light world in an area you couldn't before (on top of Spectacle Rock, if I remember correctly). You don't get the Moon Pearl until the third dungeon. You have to be a rabbit to get there.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  3. samtheman

I know how to get to the third dungeon. I already beat the third dungeon, I just didn't get the Pearl out of it before progressing further in the game. I beat the Wizard and he sent me to dark world were I'm a rabbit. I cant go back to the mountain unless I'm a human and then I cant turn back into a rabbit unless I stand at the sparkly location.

4. GogDog

News Credits:
    Then use the mirror to go back to the light world. You need to go back to the third dungeon again and get the Moon Pearl from the big chest. You can still go back to old dungeons and get stuff you missed.

You have to fall in the right holes in the floor from the top floor, I think. Use the star pads to change the holes. Make sure you approach the hole from the TOP or you'll miss the ledge.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I used to love that game

6. samtheman

This is really hard to explain. I know I can go back to dungeons. After I beat the wizard he turns me into a bunny. While I'm a bunny I can only go east to the first temple area.

To even get to the montain I need to turn into the human again but when I do that I have to go back to the spot I turned into a human at to turn back into a bunny which is not on the mountain.

Once I'm on top of the mountain I need to turn into a bunny to get back to the third dungeon but I cant because the location to turn into a bunny is at the eastern place near the first temple.

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    I think you are a little confused and not listening to what I am saying. Just go back to the light world using the mirror. (in the light world, you will ALWAYS BE A HUMAN), then stay in the light world, and go back to Death Mountain the way you did the first time (the cave near the Lost Woods) to go to the third dungeon, as Link.

When you get there, the blue warp square will still be there. Step on it, and it will take you back to the Dark World where you will be a rabbit again. Use the mirror just like you did the first time, and you will be in front of the thrid dungeon. Go inside and get the moon pearl. Trust me, do it like that. I have beat that game like 40 times.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  8. samtheman

When I step on the blue pannel it wont take me to the dark world. It may be because when you use the mirror a sparkle thing is left were you use it that you must go to to go back to the dark world.

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    The blue square on top of the mountain? If not, then either you're doing something wrong or your game is messing up. I have never heard of a glitch like that though.

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    It should be the blue square on this map, the one in the circle. You are stepping on it and it's not working?

[​IMG]

11. samtheman

I dont think it's a glitch because when you use your mirror it leaves these sparkles that you have to go back to to go back to the dark world so you cant use your mirror again or the blue pannel.

12. GogDog

News Credits:
    Look at my map above. The blue panel will work regardless of the sparkles.

13. samtheman

I finally got it. I just restarted my game and it started me as link first instead of the rabbit. Woot.

14. GogDog

News Credits:
    ...All you had to do was use the mirror.

*facepalm*

15. samtheman

I did use the mirror and got to the top of the mountain and the blue pannel didnt work.

16. GogDog

News Credits:
    Then the game glitched. The sparkles don't stop the panels from working. Glad you got it working though.

17. samtheman

Yeah, thanks for your help man.

18. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    God damn I love that game